Options

Dragon Dragon, Rock the Dragonball [Xenoverse]

17810121315

Posts

  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I would pick either Strikes or Blast, and ignore the other honestly.

    You can get enough techniques of either variety to handle every situation, so you end up utilizing your stats more efficiently by just focusing. Very early on, it'll feel like Strike techniques are pretty sparse, especially ultimates, but then you get Blue Hurricane and hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

    Basic is good for everyone to some extent since you'll usually be spending at least some time smacking dudes to build Ki if nothing else, although keep in mind that if you're going Blast, all your gear is going to lower Basic because I don't know why.

  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    as a reminder, if you're running an earthling ki build, DO NOT pump up your max ki too high, you want it relatively low so that you can reap the benefits of your passive more often

  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Unless you're a Saiyan, the benefits of increasing Ki seem pretty marginal for everyone, honestly

    Best case, you're going to bank more Ki if you're getting your ass beat for an extended period of time, but otherwise I feel like you'll be spending it too often for the increased max to make much of a difference

  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    as a reminder, if you're running an earthling ki build, DO NOT pump up your max ki too high, you want it relatively low so that you can reap the benefits of your passive more often

    Whats the passive again

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    as a reminder, if you're running an earthling ki build, DO NOT pump up your max ki too high, you want it relatively low so that you can reap the benefits of your passive more often

    Whats the passive again

    At max Ki, human basic attack is increased

  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    If you're unsure whether you wanna be strike or ki-blast focused, basic attack is a good option which will let you level and beat story chapters effectively

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think I want to be ki focused because those are the coolest looking things come on guys lazers everywhere

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    How do drops work in this? I feel like I've been bringing for piccolo s cape all day

  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    There's no way to influence drop chance as far as I'm aware

    You can get a version of Piccolo's gear also if you progress through the story, after each chapter there's new items at the store

  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    IMO You should be leveling up 1 skill above all others, usually Ki Blast Super or Strike Super

    But you absolutely have to decide between one of those, and usually between Ki OR Stamina

    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Having a super attack like Milky Cannon or an ultimate like the Scatter Kamehameha helps a lot

    Which PQ do these drop in? Or can you just buy them?

    Ginyu gives it when he becomes your mentor.

    Ahh ok.

    Is there actually any benefit of sticking with one mentor? I've been with Vegeta since he became available.

    It depends on if you use the ultimate they gave you. Using the ultimate skill the mentor gives you has a chance to activate a Z assist. Basically a spirit form of the mentor appears behind you and makes the attack strong. Female Saiyans have a higher chance of activating the assist but in general it happens a lot. I had four or five in a row once on my male Saiyan.

    The other benefit is if you want one of the two Z-souls the mentor can drop when you spar with them at max rank. I'm not sure if the Z-souls they give can be used to make other Z-souls in mixing but maybe.

    Besides those two things your mentor doesn't matter. Just go with your favorite of the mentors or the one that benefits you the most.

    There's also the fact that using their skills in battle (not sure if it's skills or z-soul) has a chance to spawn them later in the fight if you're not doing so well.

    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Basic Strike humans errday

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I love how many of the player name's I see are lines from Dragon ball z abridged.

  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    If you use ghost nappas voice and use Wolf Fang Fist you yell puppy dog punch

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    If you use ghost nappas voice and use Wolf Fang Fist you yell puppy dog punch

    is this for real

    Because Ghost Nappa is 100% a voice option

    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Having a super attack like Milky Cannon or an ultimate like the Scatter Kamehameha helps a lot

    Which PQ do these drop in? Or can you just buy them?

    Ginyu gives it when he becomes your mentor.

    Ahh ok.

    Is there actually any benefit of sticking with one mentor? I've been with Vegeta since he became available.

    It depends on if you use the ultimate they gave you. Using the ultimate skill the mentor gives you has a chance to activate a Z assist. Basically a spirit form of the mentor appears behind you and makes the attack strong. Female Saiyans have a higher chance of activating the assist but in general it happens a lot. I had four or five in a row once on my male Saiyan.

    The other benefit is if you want one of the two Z-souls the mentor can drop when you spar with them at max rank. I'm not sure if the Z-souls they give can be used to make other Z-souls in mixing but maybe.

    Besides those two things your mentor doesn't matter. Just go with your favorite of the mentors or the one that benefits you the most.

    There's also the fact that using their skills in battle (not sure if it's skills or z-soul) has a chance to spawn them later in the fight if you're not doing so well.

    I think it is just if you are doing bad, maybe. I had Ginyu come in and help once and I wasn't using his skills or his z-soul.

    Blue Hurricane is an awesome ability but it is also very easy to make it worthless. It doesn't do particularly well over water, in space, or any area with open air. It is also really bad when doing PQs with allies. In any other instance Blue Hurricane will straight up slaughter enemies if you can get them trapped in it. I use Blue Hurricane and Spirit Sword on my character. Spirit Sword is also brutally powerful but the extra hits on it don't always land.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    All the sword skills are really fun

    Because swords

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Am I right in assuming that in order to increase mentor status you have to use the last ability they gave you? Like piccolo gave me this every bubble defensive thing but it's hard to get into situations where it's useful

  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Am I right in assuming that in order to increase mentor status you have to use the last ability they gave you? Like piccolo gave me this every bubble defensive thing but it's hard to get into situations where it's useful

    No, you don't need to use the abilities. I think they give a little boost but they aren't required. I used very few of the mentor abilities while I was getting all the mentors to max. A lot of them will require you to KO them with it in a sparring match to advance to the next level though.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Am I right in assuming that in order to increase mentor status you have to use the last ability they gave you? Like piccolo gave me this every bubble defensive thing but it's hard to get into situations where it's useful

    Not necessarily

    Cell, for example, gives rep based on how much health you retain while completing a mission

    For most, though, using a skill while they are nearby will give the greatest boost. I think only Cell, Frieza, and Vegeta are different(With the latter two giving the highest boost when you complete a mission at LOW health)

    THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ugh I hate how this cool Turtle Hermit costume has 2 << for basic attacks

  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I'm about to crush a lot of this game

    If you don't have me, rokrin on steam

  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Is there any way to respec in this game?

    Also, when you unlock more characters, do they start at level 1? Can you use your old drops?

  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Skullo wrote: »
    Is there any way to respec in this game?

    Also, when you unlock more characters, do they start at level 1? Can you use your old drops?

    Gather all 7 Dragonballs

    Yes

    Yes

    No two characters can equip the same instance of the same gear simultaneously, though. If you're starting a new char do the Broly Dragonball-hunt PQ once for about 15 levels altogether, then do Ape Festival to get to a respectable 30-40 in a couple of runs. That's the fastest way to level alts I've found so far.

    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    So I bought this game and made a character

    jT8ycsK.jpg

    Currently putting my points in Stamina, Strike Supers and Basic Attacks (with a point every so often in Health).

    This might change in the future, though, as I start to find combos I like.

    Right now my favorite thing to do is the dash+x combo that ends in two "fwee" follow-up attacks, the second of which knocks them far back. If I unleash a no-charge Kamehameha right after the final fwee attack, it'll do a lot of damage and they can't block it ('cuz they're still stunned). Not sure how well that'll work for later opponents, but it's pretty powerful so far.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Odd, this game goes from friezer final fight straight to the end of the cell games, though I'm pretty sure I saw the androids in the opening cinematic...

  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Odd, this game goes from friezer final fight straight to the end of the cell games, though I'm pretty sure I saw the androids in the opening cinematic...
    Keep playing. Trust me. I had the exact same reaction.

    Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Skullo wrote: »
    Is there any way to respec in this game?

    Also, when you unlock more characters, do they start at level 1? Can you use your old drops?

    Gather all 7 Dragonballs

    Yes

    Yes

    No two characters can equip the same instance of the same gear simultaneously, though. If you're starting a new char do the Broly Dragonball-hunt PQ once for about 15 levels altogether, then do Ape Festival to get to a respectable 30-40 in a couple of runs. That's the fastest way to level alts I've found so far.

    Thanks!

  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    So I bought this game and made a character

    jT8ycsK.jpg

    Currently putting my points in Stamina, Strike Supers and Basic Attacks (with a point every so often in Health).

    This might change in the future, though, as I start to find combos I like.

    Right now my favorite thing to do is the dash+x combo that ends in two "fwee" follow-up attacks, the second of which knocks them far back. If I unleash a no-charge Kamehameha right after the final fwee attack, it'll do a lot of damage and they can't block it ('cuz they're still stunned). Not sure how well that'll work for later opponents, but it's pretty powerful so far.

    With that double vanish combo, after you hit them back the second time, if you don't hit X to teleport, but instead hit A (On an xbox controller, substitute buttons as necessary), you'll teleport and can begin another combo. With a strike super character, you can do that, follow with X+X+X+X+Y+Y, teleport using A again, hit something like Y+Y+Y+X then hold Meteor Crash and get a good 30+hit combo and huge chunk of life. Throw on Energy Drain so you can refill stamina when needed for more vanish chaining combos.

  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I do regular vanish combos lots, but how do you do the vanish combos that end up knocking them far and then you teleport to where they are and hit them again? I've managed to do it by accident loads but I'd love to do it consistently

  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    I do regular vanish combos lots, but how do you do the vanish combos that end up knocking them far and then you teleport to where they are and hit them again? I've managed to do it by accident loads but I'd love to do it consistently

    If the launch combo has another hit built into it, use vanish instead of whatever attack button initiates that hit.

    Still processing, but
    https://youtu.be/nwPm4BfB8Tc

    In that double teleport combo, instead of hitting X again, I use A to vanish so I can begin the knockup combo, then, instead of hitting Y, I hit A again so I can vanish and start another combo.

  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    DLC 2 info:
    160997d1426627575-dragonball-xenoverse-jfhwzuh-697x1024.jpg

    Includes 5 new quests
    22 new moves
    5 clothing(sets, I assume?)
    6 new Z-Souls
    Mira, Towa, Eis Shenron, Nuova Shenron, and Revival of F Frieza
    Pan as a Master (Womp womp)

    I really wish the DLC masters had been better. You know who wants to train under Tien? Nobody.

    THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Hi hello I want to learn tiens moves

    Can I do the thing where he grows more arms

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Tien is awesome. When he keeps second form Cell down with Tri Beam blasts to let 16 and 18 escape is pretty impressive.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Tien is awesome. When he keeps second form Cell down with Tri Beam blasts to let 16 and 18 escape is pretty impressive.

    Yeah this moment made me love Tien. That was baller as hell.

  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Tien tried to seal piccolo in a rice cooker

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Tien tried to seal piccolo in a rice cooker

    What else could hold Piccolo's searing hatred?

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I wish I was jacked like Tien... :sad:

    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'm a little annoyed that Mira and Towa are gated behind DLC

  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Found Tien pretty fast as a mentor. Hope I learn some cool stuff.
    I'm a little annoyed that Mira and Towa are gated behind DLC

    Yea, that is kind of lame. I'm more disappointed with the length of this DLC though. it is at the very best an hour worth of content.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
Sign In or Register to comment.