As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BROTHER! I live on, through this SMASH!

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Can you get Mewtwo if you didn't buy and register both versions?

E: nevermind!

SirToasty on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm liking the changes.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

You can! But not until the 28th

dN0T6ur.png
    Wyborn wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »

You can! But not until the 28th

Boo! I'm downloading the patch that adds DLC but there isn't any DLC for two weeks unless I've got the code? Boo I say!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    well there's the mii fighter costume dlc

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »
    well there's the mii fighter costume dlc

...well then...

...Also apparently forward-up-forward-up Dancing Blade as a combo can kill Mario off the upper blast zone if he's caught at the start at about 120%

Lucina's toolkit has gotten a little strong

S'nice

dN0T6ur.png
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Mewtwo feels strong, but a bit floaty and awkward to control.

His up throw was getting knock outs around 120%.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    man I wish I had ever followed through on trying to dig up my wiiu product code

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Yukira wrote: »
    Mewtwo feels strong, but a bit floaty and awkward to control.

well some things never change

but yeah i think mewtwo is really strong now. his recovery is better on top of everything else so he can safely chase you off stage for long distances

and getting smash followups off of confusion is silly

Daebunz on
    mxcyxf26lgaj.jpg
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    can you confusion someone out of a warlock punch

can you grab-choke-explode through a confusion

frame mewtwo in terms of ganondorf for me

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Mewtwo has a lot of tools for tripping up Ganondorf

Ganondorf's Fsmash (with rage) can kill Mewtwo at like 45% and that is not an exaggeration

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KfENM50ME

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS

Oh my God I don't hate Lylat Cruise anymore

I GOTTA TELL EVERYONE

dN0T6ur.png
    King Riptor
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Haven't been playing much smash.

My brother has been playing nothing but the random button, which is super frustrating in customs.

Cause every time I win I feel like it's because he got a character he's bad with or a shitty equipment/move load out.

And half the time I lose it's because he got a crazy good equipment spread.

Really been killing my interest.

X22wmuF.jpg
    You should fight some people who don't do that. Like us! LIke me

dN0T6ur.png
    chiasaur11
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Wyborn will probably still beat you, just as a heads-up.

Eh.

Online fights kinda stress me out. Something about not being able to see the other person.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Same but with posting

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular

Ganondorf's Fsmash (with rage) can kill Mewtwo at like 45% and that is not an exaggeration

Rage?

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular

Rage?

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Rage

mxcyxf26lgaj.jpg
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Yes that's a mechanic that could be slightly more explicitly made clear.

Gundi on
    GethturtleantSpeed Racer
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    1tVQOO4.png
    Friday, April 17th @ 9PM
    Saturday, April 18th @ 6PM
    Sunday, April 19th @ 5PM
    Grand Champion: Lucas for the Wii U
    1st Place: Two Mii Fighter Costumes
    2nd Place: A Mii Fight Costume

Signups: Day One | Day Two | Day Three

Mewtwo is back, and so are weekly tournaments! We're celebrating in a big way with not one, not two, but THREE TOURNAMENTS this weekend. We even have FABULOUS PRIZES for the top two winners of each tournament. And the top eight players from the tournaments will participate in a special tournament to win the GRAND PRIZE: a free unlock of Lucas when he comes out! This tournament will take place over a week or two instead of being something that happens live, just to make things easier. As a special treat, Lylat Cruise is also coming back...to a neutral pick! With Sakurai sending a work team to sand down those hard edges, recovery to be easier for everyone!
    1. Double Elimination, with regular matches will be best of three 1v1 matches with three stocks. Winner, Loser, and Grand Finals will be best of five. Time for all matches is eight minutes.
    2. The results of Sudden Death are ignored, and the player with the lowest damage percentage when time expires is the winner.
    3. Items, and equipment are banned; Custom Moves are allowed.
    4. Players may switch characters/moves between matches. The winner of the previous match opts to change first (notify your opponent of whom) and then the loser may change their character in turn.
    5. Starter Stages: 1. Battlefield, 2. Final Destination (or an identical Ω stage), 3. Duck Hunt, 4. Smashville, 5. Town and City and 6. Lylat Cruise.
    6. A starter stage is chosen via striking. Starting with the higher seeded player, players go back and forth banning starter stages until there is one stage left. The set begins on that stage.
    7. After a match, the winner may ban up to two stages. Then the loser picks the next stage, and which may be any of the starter stages or the following counterpick stages: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Kongo Jungle, Pokemon Stadium 2, Luigi's Mansion, Skyloft, Wuhu Island, and Halberd. The loser may NOT pick a stage they have previously won on in that set.
    8. When a set is finished, report results on Challonge. If you wish, you can also report the scores of each match (how many KOs each player got), but this is optional. If a mistake is made, report it to me and it'll be fixed.
    9. Sets should take thirty minutes to complete. If after five minutes your opponent has not shown up, please contact me and you will win the set by default.
    10. When playing on Final Destination, either player may choose to play on Omega Palutena's Temple instead.
    11. Smasher's Agreement: a player make pick a stage not on this list if both players agree to it.
    12. ORDER: Winner Bans Stages -> Loser Pick Stages -> Winner Announces Character -> Loser Announces Character -> Play Match

YL9WnCY.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im guessing none are for the 3ds

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I sincerely don't know if I can get enough people to do one.

Please @ me if you have only the 3DS version and want to play! I will try to put something together.

YL9WnCY.png
    edited April 2015
    So there's a tournament tonight, guys! And one for the next few days, but I'm mostly talking about tonight

And you know what, tournaments are great! But I think maybe we could add a little somehting to it. A little pizzazz. A little... fun!

nAjXR8H.png

Not a ton of people are signed up as of this writing, in spite of the fact that winning can get you some sweet sweet free Amiibo costumes or even Lucas DLC down the line. So I'm going to sweeten the pot just a touch - and not just for the winner! No, this is for anyone who participates or another forumer they designate

I ain't much for spending money, so instead: I will write you a fanfic. A horrible, horrible shipping fanfic. I can't guarantee it will be as long as my previously posted fanfic, but it will be JUST FOR YOU, to share or hide away in secret as you will, and you don't have to win a single got dang fight to get it.

Here's how it works!
    • Sign up for the tournament! If you can't sign up for the tournament due to lack of Wii U, try to convince someone who doesn't want the prize to name you as the receiver on their behalf! For instance, if @SilverWind signs up but does not really want the prize, she could designate me as the lucky receiver!
    • Every person who signs up or is designated as a receiver will be issued a number according to the number they sign up with! I will post a list just before or just after the beginning of the tournament.
    • After the tournament has ended, I will use a random number generator to pick the lucky winner!
    • Pick a Smash Bros. character pairing! Or a tripling, I guess? Anyway it's a shipping fic, go nuts, but keep in mind that the more people involved the less detailed/exacting/horrible I can be, by necessity. If you want it to be a BIG SURPRISE, I'll use a random number generator to pick the pairing, which is how I did the last one!
    • Wait for your fabulous/horrifying prize, which should be ready in a couple of days!

If you really don't want the prize and also don't want to designate a receiver - you monster - then I'll re-roll in the event that you're picked for the prize, so no pressure!

Don't normally participate in tournaments? Now's the perfect time to do it! Have fun, and maybe win a fanfic! Bring a friend! Bring a spouse! Up your chances of winning, play with nice people! Fun fun fun!

Only one entry per person. Multiple players may not designate the same person as their receiver. Players may operate in cahoots to increase their chances of winning because I can't stop them. All expectations of quality fanfic are strictly prohibited. Prize will be distributed via e-mail, PM, or other medium you designate. Prize has no monetary value and may not be redeemed for cash or eshop credit. Further rules and limitations may apply: see your Smash thread associate for details.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    I note that you do not explicitly specify who or what the fanfic's pair needs to be sourced from

I must win

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Oh Jesus you're right

I meant for it to be a Smash pairing but now you've posted that, it's too late, it's too late for everything

dN0T6ur.png
    Yes it is far too late, I have observed the lack and now it's permanent, that's how quantum mechanics hold the universe together

CD World Tour status:
    Speed RacerSilverWind
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm liking mew two a lot

He's like a slower, floater, heavier hitting yoshi

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    go to jail

signature.png

Speed RacerNaphtaliturtleantKwoaruNirya
    Anybody wanna smash? I wanna get the rust off before the tournament.

Yeah I will, gimme a sec

Looking at the patch notes and Duck seems like one of the few characters who wasn't changed at all.

mew2kool4school

....not really sure how i died there

Gundi wrote: »
    Looking at the patch notes and Duck seems like one of the few characters who wasn't changed at all.

There are patch notes?

X22wmuF.jpg
    ....not really sure how i died there

You SD-ed three times.

Speed Racer
    Anyone want ot

Smash

dN0T6ur.png
    Okay rust officially off. Good games Speed. Sorry if I taunted too much. Just wanted to channel the dog.

This discussion has been closed.