As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] [Eldritch Horror] Round 12 - "Now.... Light our darkest hour!" ~FIN Players Win!

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Whoops.

Geth roll 2d6t5 for Acquire assets

Edit: Take the Kerosene, gotta be able to fight back.

Acquire assets:
    2d6t5 1 [2d6t5=1, 5]

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Might want to give those to Norman so he can catch the comet again next turn.

• Options
    I will use Mists of Releh to avoid the maniac.

Geth roll 3d6t5 to test my Lore.

to test my Lore.:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=1, 6, 1]

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    well that takes care of the Maniac of sorts.
    Gate encounter it is.

I think I'll head to Rome and get a train ticket and clean house.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Wait, is no one else closing the London gate? IF not I could grab the chartered flight and close it.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I could try but I really wanna kick monster ass....

My plan was after Rome, see if I could hop a train to the comet.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Okay switch the kerosene for the chartered flight, move me to London and have a gate encounter.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Encounters!

Norman fails to relocate the giant glowing green rock he found some time ago. However he does manage to focus his mind enough to enhance his own abilities. The rational part of his mind tells him that this shouldn't be possible but it quickly silenced by sleep.

Diana meets an artist in Soho that the Lodge sponsors on occasion to view his latest piece. Somehow the strange, alien landscape seems familiar...
    Roll Observation. Success: Spawn 1 Clue anywhere you choose. Failure: lose 1 sanity

Akachi travels by boat to Shanghai. Using the Mists, she manages to avoid the axe-welding Maniac that seems to guard the Gate... (Lose 1 sanity from the spell)
    Passing through the Gate she finds herself standing at the edge of Lake Hali. She's never been here before, yet somehow she knows this place. The entire lake sudden starts rippling, as if something at the bottom is moving... awakening...
    Roll Will. More tests to follow...

Jackie sails from Bermuda to the quaint coastal town of Arkham (she shudders at the thought from the memories that have surfaced). She manages to charter a flight on a new-fangeled aero-plane to London. She uses her new Ruby amulet to focus her mind and pass on the knowledge she's learned to another investigator. It's not someone's she's met, but she knows that there are others out there that working against this Darkness.
    Arriving in London, Jackie walks towards the Gate and enters it. The Psychic finds herself in a great hall that contains many strange and occult books. Grabbing one at random, she attempts to make sense of its dense material...
    Roll Lore. More tests to follow... (Lose 1 sanity from the Artifact's use.)
    Also, decide who gets your clues. Bogart brings up a good point of Norman already being at the comet and will need more clues if he succeeds in finding it next turn. (He'll be one short after that.)

Trish loads her guns and gathers her allies as they cross the Channel and head south to Rome. If the man in the suit wanted to see how much it was worth, she was going to pay in blood. But it never hurts to have a backup plan ready, she purchases a train ticket as well. She spots the Goat Spawn near the Pantheon and takes aim with the carbine...

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Trish's Will + Cross
    Geth roll 7d6t5 for Trish's Strength + goon + carbine

Trish's Will + Cross:
    4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=6, 3, 5, 1]
    Trish's Strength + goon + carbine:
    7d6t5 1 [7d6t5=6, 3, 4, 3, 1, 1, 3]

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Trish's new found faith is rewarded as she steels herself against the Goat Spawn. (Reroll negates the one point of damage previously)

Focusing her efforts on the Wraith, she realizes that this was the thing that cursed her. The carbine empty from the fight with the goat, she draws her .45 and aims.
    Somehow managing to kill the ghost, the Researcher happily pours over the remains of both creatures.

Leaving her companions behind momentarily, the Spy passes through the Gate the monsters were guarding.

Geth roll 1d6t5 for Goon Reroll

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Will + Cross
    Geth roll 6d6t5 for Strength + .45 + Goon

Goon Reroll:
    1d6t5 1 [1d6t5=6]
    Will + Cross:
    4d6t5 1 [4d6t5=3, 3, 2, 6]
    Strength + .45 + Goon:
    6d6t5 2 [6d6t5=1, 2, 6, 4, 1, 5]

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Gate encounter:

Trish finds herself in another strange world, surrounded by creatures called mi-go. They shy away from city comprised of green pyramids. Recognizing a theme, Trish attempts to overcome her fear and head for them.

Geth roll 2d6t5 for Trish's Will

Trish's Will:
    2d6t5 0 [2d6t5=2, 3]

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Gate Continue'd:
    Following the Mi-go's examples, Trish stays the fuck away from the pyramids. However with no one around to assist her, she must rely on her own wilderness survival training...
    It's amazing what you find edible when you're hungry enough... Trish emerges from the Gate, with it showing no signs of closing.

Geth roll 3d6t5 for Strength

Strength:
    3d6t5 2 [3d6t5=6, 2, 5]

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Geth roll 4d6t5 for a Will test.

a Will test:
    4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=4, 4, 5, 5]

• Options
    Akachi's Encounter, Continued:

Through sheer willpower, Akachi acts instead of standing frozen in terror. She turns to face the doorway that she stepped through, only to find a blank wall in it's place.
    She attempts to recite an incantation her teacher taught her many years ago...

Roll Lore. Success: Gate is closed. Failure: Lose 1 Sanity

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Geth roll 3d6t5 for Lore.

Lore:
    3d6t5 2 [3d6t5=6, 6, 3]

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I've got a freakin entourage and guns/foci, and here's this barefooted African shaman with nothing but a single spell in her head and the clothes on her back, just closing gates left and right...

Maybe I should ditch my weapons and allies...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Ok, need a roll from @Void Slayer and from @Daemonis and since tomorrow is going to be a long day, I'll try to update the board/Mythos phase in the morning.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Give the clues to Norman, I thought he had enough to put 2 on it already.

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Lore about strange metal

Lore about strange metal:
    4d6t5 0 [4d6t5=2, 2, 2, 2]

• Options
    Oh good. Did I add another doom counter?

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Geth roll 3d6t5 for Obeservation test

Obeservation test:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=3, 5, 1]

• Options
    Spawn clue in Shanghai

• Options
    edited March 2015

He had three, spent two for chase the comet, and so needed another one at least to chase it next time. I think.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Jackie fails to understand the terms described in the book. The opaque descriptions cause her imagination to run wild (Gain Hallucinations Condition). Overcome with vertigo, you must focus to keep your footing as you descend the stairs to leave.
    Roll Will. Failure: Lose 2 Health

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ending of Turn 8!
    Mythos Phase:
    A Clue spawns in Cape Town.
    The giant spider known as the Spinner of Webs is summoned to Greenland. This is an EPIC monster.

A sect of Atlach-Nacha worshipers have called forth... the Spinner of Webs!

There are currently 3 Tokens on this Rumor. On a Reckoning, 1 Token is removed unless as a group we spend 3 Clues.
    When there are no Tokens on this card We LOSE.
    Defeating the Spinner of Webs will end this Rumor.

TURN 9!

Board Status:
    image_9.jpg

Omen: Green - Blue - (Red) - Blue
    Doom Track: 11
    Clues: Greenland, Arkham, South Pacific, Shanghai, Cape Town
    Gates: Rome ( Red), London (Blue)
    Monsters: Spinner of Webs in Greenland, Gnoph-Keh in the Himalayas, Maniac in Shanghai, Cthonian in Heart of Africa

Ongoing Rumor: Currently has 3 tokens. (0 will cause us to lose, Killing the Spider ends this Rumor)

Current Mystery:
    A strange green comet has impacted somewhere in Russia. Even after the impact, it continues to burrow into the earth.

As an Encounter in Tunguska, an Investigator may attempt to search for signs of the impact in the forest (Observation Test). Success and spending 2 Clues will place a token on this Mystery.
    When this Mystery has 3 tokens, it is solved.
    Currently has 2 Tokens

Monster Information:
    Spinner of Webs in Greenland: 2 Horror, 2 Health (-2 to Strength/Combat), 7 Toughness. Failing the Will Test results in no Combat test.
    Elder Thing: 3 Horror, 2 Health (-1 to Strength/Combat) 3 Toughness.

Maniac: 1 Horror (+1 to Will test), 2 Health (-1 to Strength/Combat test), 1 Toughness. If you fail the Strength test, you may sacrifice an Ally asset to take no damage. If the Maniac is defeated, you get their Axe.

Cthonian: 2 Horror (-1 to Will test), 3 Health (-2 to Strength/Combat test), 4 Toughness.

Gnoph-Keh: 1 Horror, 2 Health (-2 to Strength/Combat test), 3 Toughness. Reckoning Effect: All investigators on this space lose 1 Health

There is now an active Expedition to the Himalayas.

Reserve Assets: (Number of Successes Needed)

Lucky Cigarette Case (2) - Trinket May add 1 to the result of 1 die when resolving a test

Protective Amulet (1) - Item +1 to Will during Combat Encounters.

Kerosene (1) - Item May discard to add +5 to Strength for a single Combat Encounter

King James Bible (2) - Item - Tome May reroll 1 die during a Horror test. When Resting, recover 1 additional Sanity.

Player Data:
    This should be the current status of all characters; health/sanity, conditions, assets, Clues, and any bonuses.
    Trish - 7 Health/5 Sanity, Dark Pact, .45 Automatic, Carbine Rifle, Holy Cross, Hired Muscle, Arcane Researcher, 3 Clue, Train Ticket

Akachi - 5 Health/3 Sanity, Ship Ticket, Train Ticket, Mists of Releh spell

Diana - 5 Health/2 Sanity, Hallucinations, Ancient Manuscript, Wither spell, Derringer, 1 Clue, +1 Lore, +1 Influence

Jackie - 4 Health/5 Sanity, Dark Pact, Hallucinations, Ruby ot R'lyeh, Ship Ticket, Flesh Ward spell, 1 Clue, +1 to Will

Norman - 5 Health/4 Sanity, Pocket Watch, Feed the Mind spell, 4 Clues, +1 Strength, +1 Lore

As always, doublecheck the stats and make sure my math is right. In a bit of a rush this morning.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »

He had three, spent two for chase the comet, and so needed another one at least to chase it next time. I think.

You only spend the clues on a successful Observation test. Norman had 3 clues, so he could only put one clue on it when he succeeded. Now he can camp there till he solves the Mystery, leaving us to close Gate/fight giant monsters.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You spend two clues on a successful observation test for that mystery (so Norman's clues should be different, but I'm not sure what the final total would be). Also, I spent my clue to kill the vampire.

That kerosene is going to come in handy for the Spinner.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'll double check but Norman only succeded once at the beginning, then has been trying since. He did get a couple of Clues from Jackie during a previous turn as well.

Edit: you're right, he succeded at both tests last turn. I'll change the board/stats accordingly.

Also, fixed Akachi's clue count and Norman's stats above.

Now to decide if I want a second train ticket and help with the comet search or make my way to Greenland and fight the Spinner, grabbing the Kerosine and my rifle. I'd have 12 dice to roll against the damn thing... (Kerosine is an item so I can add its bonus in addition to the carbine).

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I should have 1 clue left plus the ones Jaquelines has given me this time. If I have at least 2 (and I should) I'll go on and try to finish this damn mistery...
    If I haven't clues enough I'll use one of my sanity point as a clue since my ability let me to do so.

Action/Encounter
    Cast Feeding the mind to encrease Observation.
    Rest
    Mistery encounter.

Geth, roll 3d6t5 for Encreaseing observation
    Geth, roll 3d6t5 for Pinpointing the comet
    Geth, roll 1d6t5 for Eventual extra observation

Encreaseing observation:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=2, 5, 3]
    Pinpointing the comet:
    3d6t5 2 [3d6t5=5, 6, 2]
    Eventual extra observation:
    1d6t5 0 [1d6t5=4]

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    The comet should be solved now.

• Options
    Yay!

Now we need one more Mystery and we're good. Guess that means I'm on Spider detail.

Either of you two in London want my train ticket?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I'll move to Tokyo and see if I can't hurt either the Spinner or the Gnoph, freeing up the expedition encounter. I don't want to do the clue on Shanghai just yet as the next mystery may require us to contribute clues earned via research encounters, so keeping them about until next turn seems wise. If anyone is planning on fighting the spinner hand to hand I'd recommend the kerosene.

Action/Encounter
    Rest
    Move to Tokyo.

Tokyo Encounter.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I plan on using Fire Bullets (dosing bullets in fuel, it worked in Alone in the Dark!) on the arachnid.

Action/Encounter
    Move to London
    Acquire Assets

City Encounter.

Geth roll 3d6t5 for Trish's Influence.

Taking the Kerosine

Trish's Influence:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=3, 4, 6]

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Bogart, I'm going to switch your actions since you can't rest in Shanghai with an axe wielding maniac on the loose.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Geth roll 4d6t5 for Will to not stumble down stairs

I will figure out the rest after this.

Will to not stumble:
    4d6t5 1 [4d6t5=4, 6, 3, 1]

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Actions/Encounters
    Rest
    Acquire Assets

Gate Encounter

Geth roll 2d6t5 for Acquire Assets

Can I get an update on the new item replaced by kerosene?

Edit:Like it matters...

Acquire Assets:
    2d6t5 0 [2d6t5=2, 3]

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    Could always take another debt :hydra:

Update/encounter write up will be later tonight.

Luckily we're in the home stretch now.
    So we're either going to fail spectacularly or pull through, bloody, beaten, and near death.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ok, got some time to do the 3 non-Comet encounters so far:

Making sure that Goon and the Researcher are distracting the shop keeper enough, Trish decides that she's going to need more equipment to fight this giant spider up north.
    She emerges from the shop with an extra bullwhip. When her entourage meets her outside, she hands it to Goon. "Try not to hurt yourself with it."
    Trish takes random Item from pile - Bull whip. Weapon +3 Strength for combat. May reroll 1 Strength die during combat.
    (Well that's handy. I can reroll two dice now. Should help a little.)

Hearing of her exploits, the retainers of the Emperor himself seek Akachi out for her spiritual wisdom. They claim that He is plagued by horrible nightmares. Akachi attempts to convince them of the truth: that they are real.
    Roll Influence. Pass: 2 damage to any Monster. Fail: Gain the Detained Condition.

Stepping through the Gate in London, Jackie finds herself in a candle lit room, filling with antiquated scientific equipment. Spying a nearby ledger, she sees that the year is 1771. Taking the opportunity, she starts to read the notes left behind.
    Roll Lore. Pass: Close the Gate, may be Delayed to learn 1 Spell. On Lore Failure: Roll Will. On Will Failure: Lose 2 Sanity.

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Trish's Observation.

EDIT: Kerosene is replaced with Wireless Report (1) - Service Immediately give any number of Clues to another Investigator on any space. Discard afterwards.

Trish's Observation:
    4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=2, 4, 5, 5]

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm... Seems good.

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Lore to close gate.

Lore to:
    4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=6, 4, 6, 3]

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I'll grab that spell and become detaineddelayed.

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    Actions/Encounters
    Move to Rome
    Rest
    Gate encounter

Geth roll 1d6 for Halucinations

Halucinations:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]