As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Have you let Goku in to your heart?

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Finished the main story just now, and I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by how the final battle went. I ended up at level 70, and before doing the final bit I did some testing with my gear. I had a QQ Bang that had +4 Ki Supers and -5 Ki, so I wanted to see what the difference ended up being. Death Ball did 4.5% more damage with the QQ Bang than with no +Ki Supers at all in normal form, and a mighty 0.1% more damage when in Golden Form. Meanwhile I lost about two bars of Ki, which seems like a heck of a lot to lose for such a small increase in damage. Is there something I am missing here? I even tried out equipping random +Ki Supers gear I had to see if maybe the QQ Bang wasn't the same as having multiple pieces of gear adding up, but the result was pretty much the same. So are stats like Ki, Health and Stamina just more effective on gear than damage boosts?
    You're saying it like it's a bad thing. I admit I should've seen it coming but man do I love dumb Dragonball stuff. Seeing Goku show up and finishing this up with a Kamehameha was just right

By the way, LOL Dragonball Xenoverse DLC spoiling Dragonball Super. If you don't want to be spoiled I'd advise against googling anything Dragonball related. It was funny seeing the spoiler just pop up in my facebook feed.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    How many points do you have in each stat?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    When I had 42 points into Ki, and had no Ki modifying gear, I had 6 bars. When I equipped the QQ Bang with -5 Ki, it dropped me to 4. Which is fair enough, that's a really big penalty to Ki. For Ki Supers I had 120 points in it, so I guess I'm hitting some kind of diminishing returns with all those points as well as the +4 from the QQ Bang and the bonus from Golden Form.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

I really hope 17 becomes a mentor. No spoilers, but I really love what Super’s current arc did with him. Dude is legit badass now and his character is way more mature that in Z.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Most likely he will become a move tutor. Force fields everywhere!

I want to be an android ranger
    live a life of robots and danger

Bad rhyme but ain't expecting a prize. :P

EDIT: In other news

EDIT2: Shonen's site was down. Siliconera has the info on UI Goku: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/17/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-will-get-perfected-ultra-instinct-form-goku-playable-character/

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Clothing stats in strike and ki supers does almost nothing, unfortunately

Tested it way back after taking the time to make what should have been an ideal QQ bang for my Ki super Frieza dude

Golden Form is fantastic though, and is a 20% increase in damage iirc

• Options
    Yeah the more I'm looking into the stats thing, the more I'm convinced that having bonuses to Ki and Stamina is the most important thing for clothing, and the rest isn't as big a deal. I wish there was an easier way to reset stats than gathering all the dragon balls, though, because I would take the time to experiment with different stat and equipment combinations if I could reset stats on a whim. I'm guessing it's some kind of hidden soft cap, so that if you have put less into a stat (say like 60-80 maybe?) then clothing stats will have more of an impact.

Guess I'll have to keep trying to get a better QQ bang, this one that costs me two ki bars is just not worth it. Good thing I have made a ton of zenni from feeding the buu kids.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I have lost so much money on the Buu quest because food is expensive. Should I have been feeding the kids instead of feeding Buu to try and rush his questline to the end?

• Options
    Each nets you different items depending on the color they have.

I got food from NPCs and the orbs near the tutors.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Feeding the children only set you back the food you used if you're trying to rush the quest. Unless they give you something valuable to sell, I guess.
    It wouldn't surprise me if there's a net profit to feeding them water and selling clothes.

PLA on
  • Options
    I get food for free from NPCs (there are at least 3 or 4 that have a chance to give food, and often 3* food) and from the lakes (often 3* fresh fish), the Namekian area (often 3* lettuce), the mushroom desert (usually 2* sometimes 3* mushroom types) and past the bamboo forest where Whis hangs out (either 1* scales or 3* roasted fish). You can also give the requested item to the Namekian farmer at Guru's house and after you do a battle he'll give you food (usually, not always 3*) or once I got a set of Namekian armor.

I fed Buu until all 6 kids were spawned (Majins can get 10 I think?) and then it only takes one item of food to send the kids on a walk, and after 3 battles they come back and give you stuff. Blue ones give battle items (not worth the effort), red ones give you super souls (a decent option) and yellow ones give you gear sets. The best return I've gotten from yellow kids so far has been multiple sets of the Majin Buu armor, which sells for 10k a piece. Sometimes when you feed the kids they have extra dialogue where they feel different, if you choose "guard" then they change color if you choose "calm down" they stay the color they are. I currently have 5 yellow kids and 1 red one. I don't know if the quality of food you give them matters, or if it is just 100% RNG, but trading food I'm getting for free for multiple pieces of gear I can sell has let me get something like 450k zenni with minimal effort, and that is after spending a couple hundred thousand on gear to turn into QQ Bangs.

Note that food NPCs and spawns reset after every battle, so it is trivially easy to get 6 pieces of food (you pick up between 1 and 3 every spawn / NPC) before the kids come back.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They have clothes and souls you can't get anywhere else, but I don't think the blue offer anything unusual.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

EDIT2: Shonen's site was down. Siliconera has the info on UI Goku: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/17/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-will-get-perfected-ultra-instinct-form-goku-playable-character/

Super Saiyan Blanco no longer a meme; reality.

I want to fucking die.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

Super Saiyan Blanco no longer a meme; reality.

I want to fucking die.

Lots of people on Reddit feel the same way. I expected it though. They seemed to be treating the progression of the new forms and their power like the intensity of fire or stars. Red progresses to white, so even though they never said that was their methodology when they started making new stuff up, it made sense to me. Alternatively, UI Goku is basically a Kai now, all the Supreme Kai and their kind have white hair. My next guess if that is what Goku can achieve in his base form, next evolution will be channeling his Blue power into it and then he can punch Beerus in the face with ease. His limitation will be he can't maintain it, and that he hasn't mastered his God Ki as much as Vegeta has.

I can't be too mad about it after the whole Kefla fiasco, that was something to get mad about if one was to nitpick about things.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    In the preview for next week's episode his hair is way more glowy like just pure with with no shadows and a bloomy edge.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Goku Goku he's our man, if he can't do it it might actually be narratively interesting for once but we can't have that.

I rather like Super and the stuff going on, but it's also getting rather dull as dirt. Once again Goku turns on his Deus Ex Machina mode. Once again they're trying to hype up a fight they've already shown twice before, and each time have said "But it wasn't enough!". Except this time it's suddenly enough, because Goku.

...That said, they've shockingly been consistent on the narrative front.
    I think they only really mentioned it the once, but Ultra Instinct right now is basically just an ultimate defense mode, and Goku had problems actually, y'know, attacking while in it. Now that he's mastered it, now he can properly fight back, and will win.

...It's a very weird thing. It's a Deus Ex Machina because it's literally a God power in the story. And yet it technically isn't a literary Deus Ex Machina because generally that term implies "out of nowhere", but they've actually hinted and seeded every reveal so nothing is "out of nowhere".

They don't even try to hide how predictable it's being.
    "Vegeta has broken through his limits for one final assault! Can he beat Jiren? Find out next episode, titled "Princely bitchslap: Down goes Vegeta".

edit: Actually, pondering things a bit, I have to give a concession and retraction to Super.
    Technically Goku didn't win the Tournament of Power, he dropped out. And technically he didn't stop the whole Goku Black/Zamasu arc either, that was Trunks and the Omni King.

So... they have been playing the "Goku doesn't automatically solve the problem" card. :)

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Handkor wrote: »
    In the preview for next week's episode his hair is way more glowy like just pure with with no shadows and a bloomy edge.

It looks like white-out. Could be a temporary brightness or a work in progress. The previews always show rushed stuff that gets changed.

• Options
    I have noticed a trend in anime to have the title give away way too much in the preview of the next episode. One that really stuck out was in Fushigi Yuugi,
    "Death of a Seishi, Alone on a Mountain" when there was exactly one character alone on a mountain and in a battle.

As for Dragon Ball Z, I can think of two instances where Goku was at least technically not the savior.
    He dropped out of the Cell Games to let Gohan beat up Cell, though Goku did have to help out after dying it's kind of debatable if he provided any of the power for the last Kamehameha or if he just inspired Gohan. Still mostly a Goku Savior moment, though. Against Majin Buu the real hero was kind of Mr. Satan, since he convinced the people of Earth to give their energy for the Spirit Bomb (which actually worked for the first time ever).
    Still he is the main character, so he is expected to be the one solving the problems, even if he causes some of those problems with his actions.

The Ultra Instinct transformation has a less silly appearance than the blue hair one, I think. I certainly like it better than Super Saiyan 3 with that ridiculous hair length.

I actually have been wondering something about Golden Frieza. Does that count as a God transformation like the red hair and blue hair Saiyan modes?
    He was certainly fighting on that level in the Resurrection F movie, and was arguably winning until the battle dragged on too long and he couldn't maintain that level any longer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This thread is about the video game

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    ...and they're discussing the future content release officially revealed for the videogame.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    My mistake there, I apologize for going too much into the non-game aspects of the topic. Game related, do the super souls that require the Super Saiyan transformation work on Future Super Saiyan? I unlocked that skill and I'm going to give it to my new Saiyan character (not enough ki to use Potential Unleashed early on) and am curious if it counts for those super souls. If not, it isn't really a big deal since I'll probably use 40 Ton Weights most of the time anyway, but if I'm having trouble on something a bit of extra punching power could be useful.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    übergeek wrote: »
    ...and they're discussing the future content release officially revealed for the videogame.

No, they’re talking about the anime, which this thread is not about.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    chrisnl wrote: »
    My mistake there, I apologize for going too much into the non-game aspects of the topic. Game related, do the super souls that require the Super Saiyan transformation work on Future Super Saiyan? I unlocked that skill and I'm going to give it to my new Saiyan character (not enough ki to use Potential Unleashed early on) and am curious if it counts for those super souls. If not, it isn't really a big deal since I'll probably use 40 Ton Weights most of the time anyway, but if I'm having trouble on something a bit of extra punching power could be useful.

FSS does trigger "Super Vegeta" soul's buff.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    edit: Didn't see post.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Man, Jiren looks like a nightmare to animate.

• Options
    I guess this dlc is build up for Xeno 3.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    They initially said that they were going to support Xenoverse 2 for a long time instead of working on a third.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Hmmm...should I stick with the Pc version or jump to console (PS4/Switch)?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    You can cheat on PC, instead of spending every hour of your life in the lobby waiting for some unannounced online-event that ends by noon the same day.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Free update is live, have to be level 90 and maxed out "friendship"/mentor level with whis to unlock SSGSS

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Suddenly everybody wants to be Whis' friend. :P
    PLA wrote: »
    They initially said that they were going to support Xenoverse 2 for a long time instead of working on a third.

This is the 6 dlc pack and it seems Fuu is ready to become the next bad guy.

EDIT: For those who want to level up fast (from reddit)
    There's an npc that you can pay to level up now. His name Tosok behind mixing shop...
    40 tp medals from 85 - 90 60 tp medals from 90-95 80 tp medals from 95-99

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Big drugs.

• Options
    Tokiroids!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Hrm the more I play my Saiyan character, the less I like Super Saiyan 3. The ki generation in that form is just so abysmal. I'm tempted to go back to Future Super Saiyan.

-edit- Or Potential Unleashed would work too.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That Divine whatever-skill they added makes ki-generation pretty okay.

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Is this game for be if I want to have stupid DBZ fun with my OC?

• Options
    It's fun for sure.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    More or less.