As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Have you let Goku in to your heart?

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Axen wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    I'm enjoying my character so far. He's an albino Namekian named Anzad (after briefly flirting with the name Theramin), who recently got Piccolo as a mentor, and is packing Kamehameha, Evil Explosion, Meteor Blow, and Solar Flare. Using Voice 8, of course.

As a side note, I'm somewhat surprised that Saiyan is the most-chosen race. I would've thought more would jump at the idea of making a not-Saiyan important.

Personally, I'm surprised that people are using any other race BESIDES Saiyan.

I mean, DBZ pretty much proved that only Saiyans can save the universe so why would you pick an inferior race?

When the choice bubbles down to "Do you want to go Super Saiyan or not?" I'm going to go with the former every single time.

Do you hand out the Saiyan Handbook at the start of each fight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0zPuEVy9YM

There's more of these? Thank you. Thank you so much.

Indeed.

In fact there is an entire series that covers everything from the start to the Cell Saga and it is still going.

edit- Say goodbye to the next 6-7 hours of your life.

edit- The best thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4mM2GRYbo

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Welp, the spirit was weak. There goes most of my remaining steam gift card balance, but now I can relive the nostalgia of my youth except as a kickass saiyan lady. The best of all worlds.
    046RFVl.jpg

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The thing about unlimited ki from a Z-soul is that anybody can use it, which means that the saiyan advantage is really that they can trade the precious soul-slot for one of their two ultimate-slots, which to me seems both decent and fair.
    As opposed to saiyans having grossly higher spamming-potential than anybody else at all.

Using the soul to keep SSJ going is somewhat redundant. SSJ provides some overall bolstering, but it's really a minor buff compared to the main attraction of superior ki-management.

Edit: You could instead grab Rise to Action and keep Kaioken x20 going for spamming escape-moves in addition to supers.

PLA on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Making a character.

It is bugging the shit out of me that dude-buus can't take off their gloves. Much less be thin. Eurgh.
    Interesting to note, though: Items/skills/money are saved to the account. Deleting your character and making a new one skips the tutorial and gives you all the crap the old one had. You still start at lv 1 though.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I don't know. That Z-Soul plus Android 18's(?) Ultimate (the giant fuck off green wave) lets me clear entire rooms in seconds. Like, literally all enemies at once KO'd (provided they have similar health).

Not to mention it gives you permanent Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2, plus unlimited Ultimates is friggin disgusting.

Granted, the time between triggering the Z-Soul and becoming an invincible killing machine is a very dangerous time, but I still don't think it should give you permanent max Ki.

Right, but the AI is bad. This combo is overkill since you can clear rooms with little threat using other stuff, that tgis combo being so strong isn't that big of a deal.

There are a few fights this trivializes, but it mostly lrts you tackle things before you are probably supposed to. It is absurdly powerful but I don't think it so drastically outpaces the other gamebreaking choices(of which there are many) that it needs a drastic change. A minute duration or something would be fine.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Well I mean SSJ does more than just let you spam supers. It also ups your movement speed, gives a small bonus to attack power and reduces damage taken by 10%. Is it better to have infinite SSJ vs something else in that slot? I have no idea.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ahaha, female majin has the highest running-speed on ground.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Got fed up, made the same generic character except he's Saiyin.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

I'm curious as to what, specifically, you didn't like about the Earthling character. I haven't played yet, but was considering making an Earthling to start with, because it always annoyed me that if you weren't a Saiyan, you needn't bother in the DBZ universe.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Earthlings are awesome.

Also holy fuck some of these missions are the most gigantic bullshit ever. Mostly whenever you're stuck against two Saiyans. Like Kid Trunks and his stupid mission where you have to fight Goten, Gohan, and Goku at the end, and Goku and Gohan chain-spam Super Kamehamehas one after another.

Christ that's dumb crap. The game is fun as Hell but wow.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »

I'm curious as to what, specifically, you didn't like about the Earthling character. I haven't played yet, but was considering making an Earthling to start with, because it always annoyed me that if you weren't a Saiyan, you needn't bother in the DBZ universe.

Nothing, I'm quite early in the game, but the vibe I've been gettimg was "Saiyan or nothing" here, and I'm busy lately so if I only play through once I want the "full" experience.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    UGH. RIP Neither Kami nor Piccolo. Fuckin' RIP.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Is this game gud or is it not gud.

Like on a scale from 1 to 9,000 what would you give it?

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular

Its power level is 8999.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options

I think you know the answer.

No wait Nappa, I had the scouter upside down! IT'S OVER 9000!

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

I think you know the answer.

No wait Nappa, I had the scouter upside down! IT'S OVER 9000!

God damnit Nappa.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Okay. So, I'm currently Piccolo's student.

Krillin is in the city asking to become my mentor.

If I accept, will I lose my ability to progress my training with Piccolo until he randomly shows up in the city again?

• Options
    I have now found the best tactic for punchmans in this game.

it is to pose and yell "GINYU FORCE: RECOOME" constantly and then punch everything to death and not flinch because you're channeling the power of recoome.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »

it is to pose and yell "GINYU FORCE: RECOOME" constantly and then punch everything to death and not flinch because you're channeling the power of recoome.

Speaking of mentors: How do you learn Ginyu Force poses? Cap'n Ginyu mentoring?

• Options
    edited March 2015

Speaking of mentors: How do you learn Ginyu Force poses? Cap'n Ginyu mentoring?
    There's only two poses from that. Pretty much all the poses you see are ginyu poses. Pose K is recoome's. You get most of them from PQs

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Okay. So, I'm currently Piccolo's student.

Krillin is in the city asking to become my mentor.

If I accept, will I lose my ability to progress my training with Piccolo until he randomly shows up in the city again?

Yes, you need to bump into Piccolo to train with him again.

• Options
    Okay. Gonna stick with Big Green until I learn Special Beam Cannon, then.

• Options

Nothing, I'm quite early in the game, but the vibe I've been gettimg was "Saiyan or nothing" here, and I'm busy lately so if I only play through once I want the "full" experience.

Nope, being a Saiyan doesn't get you anything special. The only thing is the access to SSJ/SSJ2, and those are in no way a requirement to beat the game. If they have stat boosts, they're very small compared to Kaioken's - their main benefit is the ability to spam specials/ultimates while up.

So if you're enjoying another race, continue to enjoy it. You're not missing out on the 'full experience.'

• Options
    Though, only saiyans and humans get to use a sword.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Yeah a lot of people play Saiyans, but only because DBZ SAIYANS YEAAAAAAAHHH!.

Earthlings are the real OP race.

• Options
    Also I really wish there was a special dance for Changelings.

For, you know. Reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7QbSDhC_7Y

• Options
    The other side of that one is better, because Vegeta wants none of that shit.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Will android wannabes have to make due with humans or will they be added with DLC?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised to see an Android 'race' put out with DLC. I guess it's a question of what kind of racials they'd have. Infinite ki, but not allowed to use ultimates? Or they have a battery bar instead of a ki bar, and it's a finite (though large) amount?

• Options
    Playing as a Namekian during the Ginyu arc is funny. Turns out Ginyu's racist against Namekians.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Holy crap, for DBZ: Abriged: Coolers Revenge they got freaking Claptrap?

Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94yZk2NSpCM

Axen on
  • Options
    Nah, a sound-alike.

• Options

RECOOOOOME BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    K pose gives you super armor? Do want.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »

Nope, being a Saiyan doesn't get you anything special. The only thing is the access to SSJ/SSJ2, and those are in no way a requirement to beat the game. If they have stat boosts, they're very small compared to Kaioken's - their main benefit is the ability to spam specials/ultimates while up.

So if you're enjoying another race, continue to enjoy it. You're not missing out on the 'full experience.'

That sounds like something Yamcha would say.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    This is the rare game where my stupid aesthetic decisions have actually lined up with the game's stat systems, meaning I unintentionally stacked the hell out of Ki Supers in every way that I could do so outside of the stat itself. The AI is kind of stupid and loves to walk into Evil Explosion, too.

I'm having far more fun with this game than I expected to! Might even have to join the Steam group and punch with people online, too...

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Nah, a sound-alike.

It was him.

David Eddings, aka Lee Rastus.

Super great.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Dac wrote: »
    K pose gives you super armor? Do want.
    Yes. Then you combine it with Pose E to make the super armor 30 seconds instead of like 15. also increases punch strength.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Auuuugh, skipping out on Mentor Vegeta was way more painful than ditching Krillin. Later...

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Dang, these story missions ramp up fast. I'm having to grind up a bunch between each one else I get completely destroyed.

I guess it wouldn't be Dragonball without extended training sessions, though. I'm absolutely loving everything about the world, as expected, and it's pretty fun to play as well so grinding isn't that big a deal.

I do have to learn how to block better, though.