The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Join The [Helldivers] And Fight For Super Earth!

14567810»

• m!ttensm!ttens Registered User regular
    Special thanks to @NotoriusBEN for showing me the ropes last night and helping me spread Managed Democracy™ to our friends on the bug homeworld and teaching Freedom to our cyborg neighbors.

Hopefully the dlc will go on sale some time soon so I can pick up a few of the cool toys there to round out my kit.

EvmaAlsar
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    The PS4 version's matchmaking was shit for the first few months, so no doubt everyone dropped off. Hopefully that is resolved, because I am all in again.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard And that's why they call me Drilltooth! Registered User regular
    Matchmaking was rock solid last night playing with NotoriousBen, it seemed. SOS beacon reliably pulled people in.

YsR6QkX.jpg
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I can confirm that the troopers will shout "For the Emperor!" if you use the LasCarbine "Sickle"

notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam, Fortnite - NotoriusBEN
    Uplay, Arc Gigantic - notoriusben
    EvmaAlsarAvalonGuard
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Is there any way to remove the burst-fire from the paladin? I grabbed it because I wanted the armor piercing mod but I can't find any way to turn it off. I would much prefer it as a semi-auto.

Steam Starcraft SLeague of Legends
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Just a PSA: There's some hackers out there who can really suck the fun out of playing the game. Doing stuff like giving people a shitload of research samples/points (which negates the just-one-more bait for upgrading your stuff) to being flat out invincible except for having a pod land on their head and one-shotting everything.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • FreiFrei sauntering downwards Registered User regular
    Yeah there were some shitty people doing that on PS, as well. If you see anything suspicious like that, either back out of the game yourself or kick them if you're the host. They can't actually do anything like give you samples unless you finish a game with them in it.

All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental.
    Anyone want to help me take on some of the faction bosses? Never fought those, looks interesting.

• EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Gimme a shout over Steam if I'm online at the same time, Frei. I'll come join in.

holy shit my faith in EAT-17s is fully restored. Sure they are fire and forget, but they are a constant supply of Anti-armor that is sorely needed for 9+ cyborg helldives.
    Sure, the recoiless and other AT options are 'better' but if you die, you lose them and if you leave the area, you risk despawns and just not even finding it again amidst all the cyborg chaos.

Just call in another EAT-17 drop and boom, 2 more AT rounds.

• TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, EATs are my go-to for spamming anti-tank weapons, though I'm starting to become a lot more partial for a combination of Airstrikes and Thunderer Barrage/Railgun or maybe even the Vindicator bunker busters because like the EATs, those are just a stratagem call away and they have the advantage I can drop them immediately when I respawn instead of scrambling to pick up the weapon. And I also keep the secondary weapon slot open for other stuff. Although, having an EAT ready and just going NOPE to a freshly popped down APC is glorious.

Not all the Cyborg heavy units require anti-tank weapons. Only the Overlords and the APCs. You can take down the more common Hulks with a single Heavy (1 upgrade) Airstrike which leaves you with proper anti-tanks for... tanks.

A good team with the standard recoiless and assisted reload is so much more powerful though... being able to gib armour even at a glancing angle is priceless and being able to rapid fire it as well...

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    italianranmaEvmaAlsar
    yea, a good recoiless team is worth its weight in gold, but those are few and far between.
    but I've gotten everything i need from the cyborgs now, so i can enjoy the 6 to 8 range without all the bullshit tank spawns.
    On my shredder run, a guy dropped an HAV at the final leg to the LZ. In two minutes I killed like... 30 tanks/apcs along with whatever amount of heavy troopers.
    I almost couldn't chamber a round fast enough those spawns were so fast.

holy crap. it took 21 days to shoot 1.04 trillion rounds...

Haha yeah, I love the statistics in the ticker. They're just so completely insane, especially considering the playerbase for the game isn't absolutely huge or anything.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Got the PS4 Helldivers Super-Earth Ultimate Edition before Christmas to try out the local multiplayer and it's all we've been playing since. I was able to get a couple folks to come over more often and I haven't had this much fun with local multiplayer since Goldeneye 64 and Mario Kart 64. One guy was always mixing up L1 and L2, which was hilarious when shouts of 'I'll save you guys' ended with him blowing up himself with a grenade. We've made it to being able to do 6 and 7 missions pretty routinely, with some 8-9 missions with a few restarts.

One of the bigger strategies we worked out was the Retaliatory Strike missions, with myself dropping a turret, jetpack, and healgun, while the other 2 got in the tank. Squishing all the bugs while shooting the armored ones worked out great and with me tucked behind the turret, I only got FF'd once or twice haha. Throwing out some barbed wire helped as well.

However we tried to take on the boss bug and ended up just quitting. It just seemed too much, it could take out any vehicles without issue. When we did land 4-5 AT shots from the tank it only took down a sliver of life. I read someone killed it but it took 25 minutes. For us that took it from fun to boring and frustrating.

The only other complaint we had (unless we missed it) was to change the color of our helldivers. We could change equipment and our names were color coded, but it would have been great to color code the helldivers themselves as they are all mostly yellow trimmed and in the heat of battle, anything to help identify my character would help. Also allowing us to hold on the stratagem ball while jetpacking would be nice and make for some fun run and air strike combos haha.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
14567810»