As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Last Man On Earth: The show about which whom we should talk [SPOILERS, so to speak]

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised that Mike was still alive by the end of the episode, given how this show works.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I find it amusing that Mike entered the picture, and Melissa and Gail still stuck with Todd.

• Options
    Mike hasn't shown how awesome he is, only that he can dump on Phil like the rest of them. He's no Phil 2.0.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Mike hasn't shown how awesome he is, only that he can dump on Phil like the rest of them. He's no Phil 2.0.

He's an astronaut guitar player who is also an above-average singer and has an actual personality. He shits all over Stacy.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ha!

"You look like two different serial killers."

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I'm thinking that Todd and Tandy aren't going to agree with the whole "Todd puts a baby in Carol" plan. And not telling Tandy would make it 10x worse.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Can someone give me a recap of the story bits from last night, aside from what you just posted, @Sorce

Free hotpot birthday party last night (though i brought craft beer to alleviate the freeloading a bit).

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Really short cliffs notes.

-Prank war between Mike and Tandy, gradually gets worse until Tandy realizes that family trumps all.

-Todd tries to be everything to everyone, emotionally exhausts himself, but realizes that's who he is. Puts his foot down in front of all the ladies and states that he will always be the guy who helps his friends no matter what.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    That episode was genius through and through.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Man, that scene made me wildly uncomfortable.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Man, that scene made me wildly uncomfortable.

The point, i imagine. Almost everything involving Carol and sexuality seems to be the height of cringe.

I liked Gail's reaction. "I don't know if I like living here anymore."

Also funny that Mike and Phil are almost more intolerable when they're getting along than when they're fighting.

• Options
    I know Todd is upset because Phil says he's less of a brother to him than the guy who shaved his head, but christ, don't you think you've had enough ladies on your plate?

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Nice karaoke machine. Shame it's doomed to be stuck on that one song for all time. :lol:

• Options
    I know Todd is upset because Phil says he's less of a brother to him than the guy who shaved his head, but christ, don't you think you've had enough ladies on your plate?
    I think the timing of Phil asking his brother is the problem.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Finally caught up. The Tandy/Mike rivalry episodes have been only OK, pretty cringy. However, this last episode was pretty good, laughed pretty hard at "the scene".

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Well that went fucking dark really fast.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Makes sense because it was doubtful the character would stay on long-term, but yeah.

I liked Erica's left-field backstory reveal. She's possibly the most dangerous person there...

• Options
    I love Sudeikis' line readings.

"Well then, I guess your farts smell like bacon. "

"...Thanks."

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Man, that was one of the best episodes yet. It was funny, without being cringeworthy. We got backstory in Erica and it ended on a real emotional downer. Looking forward to the season finale.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That was the season finale wasn't it?

That was a terrible cliffhanger.

• Options
    I'm not saying that Mike and Erica needed to have a happy ending (especially since I figured Mike would have been dead by now), but man, that was a definite knife-twist.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Well that was the feel good finale of the year.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    I was honestly way more invested in the drama in this show than in anything else I watch. The humor is hit-and-miss but some of the hits are so funny that I abruptly find myself cackling uncontrollably even though my roommates are asleep and I'm trying to keep it down. Season 2 was a huge step up from season 1.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I honest to god teared up when Tandy said "they helped me through some dark times."

Emotional gut punch is an overused phrase but when he opened that bag holy shit the mix of hopelessness and hopefulness and despair and comfort and SO MANY EMOTIONS.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I never watch these eps on time because I watch with a friend so I've never been able to comment much in this thread

this is probably my favorite show on TV right now. almost every episode something happens that makes me genuinely happy I took the time watching because you'd never see it on another show.

(grinder has made me feel this way a few times but it has now been canceled :()

anyway, rather than gush on and on I'm limiting myself to one comment. gotta make it count...

the guy playing Todd is a fucking genius and I can't believe how phenomenal that character is. it all became clear to me during the speech where he put his foot down but the big love scene and the freshly cooked bacon farts scene both solidified this.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Finally watched the season finale.

Damn. Damn.

Everything from Mike to apolagizing to Phil and seeing the graves, Carol's speech to Melissa and her breakdown, and the final goodbye was so amazingly well done.

Genuinely got misty eye at Phil's gift to Mike.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Got all caught up. Season was great. The midseason finale was fuckin' harrowing.
    when the surgery on Phil goes wrong, the pace of it, Gail's meltdown, it was a goddamned nightmare. That it was intercut with Mike maybe burning up on entry was even worse. Tragedy plus time, I guess. D:

And all the Mike stuff was wonderful.

I got no idea where Season 3 will go, but I'm up for whatever. <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Judging by the finale, season three is already heading in an interesting direction.

post.png
  • Options
    Yup, season is off to a good start so far.

post.png
  • Options
    LMOE has now featured as many Asian actors in 1 episode as the entire first six seasons of "The Walking Dead" combined.

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    LMOE has now featured as many Asian actors in 1 episode as the entire first six seasons of "The Walking Dead" combined.
    In all fairness, doesn't Walking Dead take place in Georgia or something? I think they have about a 3-4% Asian population there, so one guy out of the main cast of characters seems fairly representative.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Darlan wrote: »
    In all fairness, doesn't Walking Dead take place in Georgia or something? I think they have about a 3-4% Asian population there, so one guy out of the main cast of characters seems fairly representative.

According to Wikipedia, the Asian American population of the entire US is 4 to 5% (and 0.2% higher if you include Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders). Despite living in Georgia, I don't actually know what the demographics are, but I guess they're similar?

Then again, I barely know anything about the cast of the show.

• Options
    This episode was more or less a return to form. The bizarre eyebrows, firing off military rockets at an old boardwalk, Carol's terrible drawing of the guy Melissa shot in their awkward makeshift graveyard.

I still suspect there's some truth to Pete's "Bunker People" claim.

• Options
    Loved he callback to The Masturbatorium. Feels like a good place to masturbate in.

post.png
  • Options
    Another good episode. The scene where Tandy was testing the Billy Bass hallway and then making out with Carol while Todd awkwardly watched was absurdly funny.

post.png
  • Options
    Every episode, I cross my fingers and hope that Lewis doesn't die.

• Options
    Every episode, I cross my fingers and hope that Lewis doesn't die.

They do seem to be skirting it a lot with him, getting tazed for a long time and almost stepping on a land mine.

A plot hole that i thought of was how Pat got his boat to Malibu in the first place. When Mike crash-landed and met Pat, they landed in Florida, and it would be a voyage of half a year or more from there to California without the Panama Canal (which would no longer be functional).

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Lewis dies the same day that Tandy's eyebrows finally grow back.

• Options
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    A plot hole that i thought of was how Pat got his boat to Malibu in the first place. When Mike crash-landed and met Pat, they landed in Florida, and it would be a voyage of half a year or more from there to California without the Panama Canal (which would no longer be functional).

Pat could have gone on land, driven cross country and taken a similar boat on the west coast. Would explain where he picked up Lewis and the other survivor.

post.png