Options

[MtG] MM 2015: Proliferate, Proliferate, Proliferate

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I am ready for thoughtsieze and hero's downfall to go away

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Heritage druids have spiked like crazy in the last few days if anyone has a few extra now might be the time to sell.

Why has it spiked? Collected company?

• Options
    yeah heritage druid is a key part of modern collected elves

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

Standard without devotion will be a fun change too

I have completely forgotten how to plan a deck without relying on devotion at least a little

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    noooo my beloved Coursers and Whips...

• Options

I hope both of these cards get reprinted in perpetuity

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah i will not miss courser

green's strong enough without having those fat centaur butts

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Courser and caryatid can screw the hell off

• Options
    I'm fine with courser and caryatid leaving. I prefer leaner green decks anyway

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »

I hope both of these cards get reprinted in perpetuity

I will agree to this if I get loxodon smiter back

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    print like five different Loxodon Smiter/Obstinate Baloths so they can reprint Lily.

• Options
    Well, once again I draft what seems like the worst deck I've ever seen and end up going 3-0. More proof that I have no idea what I'm doing in this format.
    PJ5qPG7.png

I never saw Diplomacy, and it got sided out every round for Vial, Custodian, or Rending Volley. And as with every mythic I draft, I never even drew Descent of the Dragons.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I have completely forgotten how to plan a deck without relying on devotion at least a little

i literally have no idea how to build green non devotion decks on my own anymore

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

i literally have no idea how to build green non devotion decks on my own anymore

I think they're just ramp decks where you don't have to do as much math.

Or now I guess it's just Den Protectors + Raptors + 52 other cards.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    i mean yeah thats what i'm doing now with gw company

but i didnt build it thats for sure

i do play 2 copies of aspect of hydra though which kinda counts

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    I had a tough choice in draft just now. P2P1 Deathmist Raptor vs foil DL Ojutai. I went with Raptor since I was kind of in green already (pack 1 was a disaster).

Deck ended up a train wreck, but I've managed to win round 1, so I mean... Value. I'm RG splashing black for Brutal Hordecheif.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I had a tough choice in draft just now. P2P1 Deathmist Raptor vs foil DL Ojutai. I went with Raptor since I was kind of in green already (pack 1 was a disaster).

Deck ended up a train wreck, but I've managed to win round 1, so I mean... Value. I'm RG splashing black for Brutal Hordecheif.

Least no matter which one you went with you were pulling cash, those are the top priced cards on modo for the set, ( Foil Ojutai makes them about even, but Mist is the higher priced one atm too)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    I was going to ask how that was even a choice but then I remembered that foil prices are weird on modo

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I was going to ask how that was even a choice but then I remembered that foil prices are weird on modo

Ya, Modo foils are weird. Suprisingly tho Ojutai is worth a touch more foil atm, ( reg Ojutai going around 20, foil 22, but non foil Deathmist's are 22-24 atm)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    a foil ojutai in paper magic will run you 50 bones

• Options
    at least

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    A few MM15 cards that tend to go late/under the radar.

- Mutagenic Growth is a great red card. Make sure you don't just pass it by when you are WR and looking through the pack.

- Apostle's Blessing is a card I always want to have in my sideboard. Being able to shrug off Arrest, Pillory, and Narcolepsy is a blessing indeed.

- Moonlit Strider is such a key card in spirits and I always see it go last or next to last. It bridges Scuttles into Thief, and spirits plays a lot like Orzhov in 3 x Gatecrash, so 1/4 is just what you want.

- Color hosers and other sideboard stuff should be taken over mediocre playables. I honestly usually have about 20 cards for a main deck going into pack 3, so I think picking up combust over, say, an incandescent soulstoker is kind of a no brainer.

Keep in mind that you can play up aspects of one archetypes even in another archetype. BG can go wide like GW and likes Scions just as much. I currently have a super grindy BG list going with a sick spirit package. 1 x Plagued Rusulka, 3 x Nameless Inversion, 3 x Thief of Hope, and 2 x Scuttling Death.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Oh if it's paper, yeah. But MODO foils are weird.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    A friend of mine used to cobble together foil sets of cards and redeem them and sell the unopened, foil sets on eBay. I think he pocketed about $50-80 per box, but each one took him over 10 hours of work.

It was cool seeing him open a foil Innistrad box, and maybe in retrospect he should have kept 10 of those instead of eBaying them all immediately. Pretty sure a foil Liliana of the Veil is now worth about as much as a boxed foil Innistrad set back then.

• Options
    Oof, yeah - a pack foil Lily is up around $250.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'm not drafting my modern masters box till sunday and i'm so impatient already

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I'll be away from my computer tonight and most of the day tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to make the next thread assuming we hit the page limit soon.

• Options
    I should be able to handle it

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I drafted MM2 tonight. I drafted... poorly. I got 3 Narcolepsy and 2 Arrest but basically nothing to really close out games. Ended up going 1-2. I pulled a Noble Hierarch though, so at least I made my money back.

The last round I played against a young kid, and I felt kind of bad. I tried not to just completely blow him away, but I also didn't think it would be good just to throw away games, especially having been 0-2 at that point. Is there a good rule of thumb? I gave him some play advice for some things he didn't realize (for example, making sure he attacked and dealt me damage before casting his Bloodthirst flier) but I also didn't hesitate to Arrest his Ulamog Crusher or cast Fortify on my fliers to deal a bunch of surprise damage.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    my modern masters 2 box was kind of ass but it had a foil kozilek and a bob in it and enough daybreak coronets to convince me to flip everything else inside the box to build hexproof

so i guess it wasnt all bad

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    also i drafted gw tokens in one of the drafts we did and it was savage, i was totally untouchable. i sigil blessing'd a precursor golem, think about that shit for a second

got a bitterblossom in those prize packs

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    here are my two mm2015 stories:

1. the fun and friendly dude at the store who doesn't play magic really wanted to pack wars* so i took him up on it, i won both rares and foils, and there was about $3 worth of value between both our boosters

2. a 15 year old kid i'm buddies with bought two boosters at the end of the night and was very morose and "eh it'll be nothing" about his packs, didn't even want to open them in front of me and his brother. when he finally relented he opened dark confidant, cryptic command, and foil vendillion clique. excited 15 year olds are entertaining.

*pack wars is a local tradition where you shuffle your booster pack and flip cards over. highest mana cost wins both cards. flip over the next card. lands always win.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Ah, around here (and a lot of other places, apparently) Pack Wars is what we call mini masters. Basically you shuffle the pack in with 3 of each basic land without looking and you play a game.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    The nice thing about pack wars is if you open an eldrazi you win it.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    i opened guile

i won guile

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    My friends and I set up & ran a chaos draft. We have packs from a bunch of different sets, from Dragons all the way back to Core 2011. It was a lot of fun! I wound up drafting Izzet colors, and the Dracogenius lead me to (mostly) victory! (And no I didn't ACTUALLY have Niv-Mizzet in my deck. Oh man, if I had though...)

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    I had to miss mm draft to play music

I guess my store opened 3 normal goyfs and 2 foil ones

• Options
    we had like, one goyf all day and it went to the person who had 3 and was missing the last one so it worked out

foil kozilek was the thing that 70% of the place cracked for some reason

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    Out of 3 packs, dude pulled foil heirarch, foil emrakul, Cryptic and vendillion clique

This shit is all over the place, I cannot imagine these prices are going to hold

Dude said he bought a box and pulled almost $900 out of it, this isn't going to hang

• Options
    Ok yeah, you've all opened cool things.

What about the important question? How's the format? How are the games? Is this worth me drafting for the fun of it (rather than trying to open a Goyf) when it hits MODO considering the cost of the packs?

This discussion has been closed.