As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

not even close to sf56k -- sixth oil painting 9-26

2»

• Options
    jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Back from the deaaddddd. I don't feel like explaining it because I am feeling exceptionally annoyed after having to resize/attempt to edit them all in photoshop on my 4 year old laptop since my motherboard in my desktop died on tuesday.

Also, I keep forgetting to respond to the few people who do reply here, so thanks to you guys that have haha.

Some of them I attempted to adjust the contrast in photoshop. Some it was too annoying. My camera/lighting in my room sucks. Also my first oil painting attempt is there. I have a closeup of one of the sketches because I liked the knight guy with impractical armor for some reason. Also kudos to the people who get the Hagrid/Hagar "Spill the beans" picture.

img2156ea8.jpg
    img2160oh1.jpg
    img2170ld2.jpg
    img2171ca2.jpg
    img2172tv8.jpg
    img2173kc4.jpg
    img2174gw1.jpg
    img2175og1.jpg
    img2176nu2.jpg

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    img2179ic9.jpg

jpeg on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    What do you know, daily updates this weekend, if I keep this up I might actually make some progress in art.

Third oil painting, tried something a little more complex. It is skewed and what little color that there was is muddy, oh well. This one is on a cover stock paper instead of canvas, too. I liked the smoother surface, maybe I should just gesso the canvas a few more times.

img2209oi2.jpg

jpeg on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The oil studies are pretty good. Biggest problem with that last one is the ellipse on top of the shaker is a bit skewed, but you seem to be on top of that.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thanks Scosglen. Yeah, I seem to have trouble reproducing circles when I paint from life for some reason (poor brush control coupled with losing focus on the shapes = no no). I dig your art a lot, by the way.

Here's another oil from today (the colors are off in the photo but it's the best picture I could get) along with school sketches and a little pencil project for art class.

img2224bk1.jpg
    img2226ik8.jpg
    img2227uq1.jpg
    img2228wj0.jpg
    img2229rs9.jpg

jpeg on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    On the oil paintings........your colors and values seem really, really excellent. If you are able to work a bit more on getting the forms down correctly, you'll have some really nice studies...the forms seem to be the only thing there that I can crit. Nice work!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for the crit ND, I really appreciate it. I have some difficulty picking out forms when I am so focused on color when painting, I think, because it isn't as much of an issue if I am working in pencil or charcoal. Oh well, more practice from tonight anyway.

It's a guitar capo if it is confusing. This is an awful picture of it, the values are very off. If I remember to take a new one tomorrow in the daylight, I will.

img2269jb2.jpg

jpeg on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Heh, I thought it was a beartrap.

Projeck on
  • Options
    Mr. H.G. BlobMr. H.G. Blob Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What nightdragon said. That salt shaker is damn awesome, other than the skewed part at the top.

Mr. H.G. Blob on
  • Options
    GumberculesGumbercules Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    These are really effin badass, and I think you're about the same age as me (?) so to see someone of this skill is really inspiring to me.

edit: Oh, man, totp.

Gumbercules on