Options

Codename N.I.N.T.E.N.D.O.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    On the other hand, Smash really, really does not need another Marth clone. Lucina and Marth are the two most similar characters in the game. They even share all their custom moves. Dropping Roy into that would be terrible.

Not to mention Ike has already taken Roy's "slower swordsman with fire sword" thing and greatly improved on it.

Roy just doesn't really have a place in Smash4 unless they rework him pretty heavily.

Also, Roy isn't even a popular FE character. Quite the opposite in fact. Many FE fans consider him the worst Lord in the series.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    No see his b move will have a totally different animation~

I do actually think they're gonna try and bring back everyone eventually

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    And, if there's something smash doesn't need it's all this landing lag and quick shield regen and these low roll cool downs and half the cast's ability to recover from almost anywhere but they went the extra mile and gave us that

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    As long as we get a couple of interesting DLC characters, I'm fine with them bringing in all the old characters. It'll make the people who are disappointed they were removed happy and I can simply not buy them.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I actually liked using Roy over Marth every time in Brawl because his special techniques had him lighting the sword, and enemies, on fire. That beats Marth's plain old sword every time. Also I love charging the B attack when my friends were trying to get back to the platform and hearing them swear when they realize I've nailed the timing and they're about to get pulverized was just oh so sweet.

• Options
    Some would say his brawl appearance was the best version of that character

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Roy is fine, a lot of people like him, and that's nice

but i still can't totally shake the thought that in some future entry, or something, he'll end up booting a character from the series i'd actually like to see/have around

I understand this isn't how it works (right now) but like...at some point you've gotta put a limit on characters from one series, there's only five zelda reps, after all
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Some would say his brawl appearance was the best version of that character

I agree with both the literal reading of this statement and the one that refers to project m

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    The problem is that Roy has what is still the best crowd chant in the series.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    in anticipation of the wii u i got the new GameCube controller that they made with the smash label, just need to get the adapter now.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    If any of our animal crossing players are interested in coming to my village today, I've got Twiggy the bird in boxes and available to move to your town today. Shoot me an @ for more details

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Roy was my favorite character in Melee

Lucina makes him 100% obsolete

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    How popular was wolf

My immediate guess would be that he'd be on deck after Roy but maybe he was unpopular?

• Options
    At this point I barely remember Brawl but I think I liked Wolf the most out of the 3 Star Fox characters

And I love Falco

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I never saw anyone play wolf and my group played almost everyone

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    He was definitely my favorite space animal in brawl but

He was no Kirby or rob

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    looks like we are closin' in on page 100

I'd really like to make the next thread myself, if possible! Although I have class until 3:40 or so

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    How popular was wolf

My immediate guess would be that he'd be on deck after Roy but maybe he was unpopular?

I think he was probably as popular as Roy but also generated more backlash because of his samey specials and landmaster

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem having as many reps as Zelda would be

Weird

The solution to this, of course, is more Zelda reps

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Tingle
    Young Tingle
    Toon Tingle
    Fierce Deity Tingle.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Roy is probably the only time I'd say they wasted a spot. Lucina has his tricks and Ike corners the flame market.

Wolf would probably still have landmaster which frankly is embarrassing at this point but he at least plays differently from Fox and Falco and has the best taunt in the series.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    How popular was wolf

Wolf was by far my favorite of the Star Fox characters.

Lot of folks think that they may announce Wolf close to the release of the new Star Fox game.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Roy is probably the only time I'd say they wasted a spot. Lucina has his tricks and Ike corners the flame market.

Wolf would probably still have landmaster which frankly is embarrassing at this point but he at least plays differently from Fox and Falco and has the best taunt in the series.

What's the matter

Scared?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    turtleant wrote: »
    How popular was wolf

Wolf was by far my favorite of the Star Fox characters.

Lot of folks think that they may announce Wolf close to the release of the new Star Fox game.

That would be a really good tie in

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I had a friend who would absolutely clean house with Pichu
    I have no idea how but he would fucking wreck you

• Options
    I used to play a mean game of keep away with Pichu when someone forced us to play stock.

Turns out when you got 3 lives and the only opponent left only has 1, even Pichu has a good chance at winning.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The real fun is Pichu in 300% Mode with 99 Stock and four players.

• Options

What's the matter

Scared?

I will be the one to

Strike you down!

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    If I remember right, Pichu was pretty damn fast (and this was before Sonic was introduced to the franchise) and was also one of the smallest fighters so they could avoid taking damage pretty well, it was just a matter of dealing it.

Of course, if they actually did get hit they would suffer for it due to being so lightweight.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I mained wolf and diddy

• Options
    The hairstylist in Animal Crossing is a fucking racket
    All of the cuts have been awful and I don't get to preview them and then I'm 3 grand in the hole

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The hairstylist in Animal Crossing is a fucking racket
    All of the cuts have been awful and I don't get to preview them and then I'm 3 grand in the hole

The whole town is in Nook's pocket. If the mayor owes him money how do you thing a small business owes him?

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I like Roy

I don't like Ike

Lucina's fine

But I still want Roy

• Options
    Okay forget AC, I'm back to Phoenix Wright
    Please tell me Godot is like, secretly Phoenix's older brother who ran away from home years ago

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    get smash used in gamestop for 54 dollars

i hate you gamestop

• Options
    Nintendo prices don't go down

Smash is gonna be full price for at least a year, probably two

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rad!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    New Super Mario Bros U is still full price and came out almost 2 and a half years ago and was not well-liked or particularly successful

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    New Super Mario Bros U is still full price and came out almost 2 and a half years ago and was not well-liked

By heathens

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah, out of curiosity I was thinking "Maybe I'll look on the eShop to see how much Luigi's Mansion is"

nope still $40

This discussion has been closed.