As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're Back! Happy [Ghostbusters] 2 Day! (28th Anniversary June 16th)

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    More info/confirmations about the game.
    y4k98muuumgg.jpg
    Link

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    oh hey, he's gonna be at the Cheyenne comic-con!

tank, is it you who lives down in denver? apparently the Cheyenne con is gonna turn out to be a pretty big affair.

• Options
    oh hey, he's gonna be at the Cheyenne comic-con!

tank, is it you who lives down in denver? apparently the Cheyenne con is gonna turn out to be a pretty big affair.

@Boomerjinks lives in Denver. He and his crew are the only ones I know.

• Options
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So today is kinda my birthday. My parents surprised me by giving me this thing.

as2wt9wk3mhl.jpg

Guess I know what I'm doing for the next several days.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, how is today kind of your birthday?
    Is it one of those "My birthday falls on a weekday that would be inconvenient to celebrate on, so we're doing it today" kind of things?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Fuck that is an awesome gift.

Can I come over and build it with you? :)

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Fuck that is an awesome gift.

Can I come over and build it with you? :)

Sure. I am going to put the movie on and begin construction. You have about ten minutes to drive here.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    On the bulletin board behind Lego Venkman's desk is a note that says,

R.I.P.
    H.R.

:(

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    It's alive!
    041sd4nkvuj5.jpg

That's a very clean controller! I loved my Advantage.

• Options
    Update. Ghostbusters 1 done and the ground floor is mostly finished.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    It's alive!
    [img][/img]

That's a very clean controller! I loved my Advantage.

Oxyclean spray and a box of q-tips! I'm very pleased with the results.

In breaking news: Ecto-Cooler now OFFICIALLY announced.
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160425005904/en/
    gfd2px989d2t.jpg
    Hi-C Ecto Cooler will be available in 6-ounce juice boxes and in 11.5-ounce thermal ink cans that turns an eerie shade of slime green when the product inside is cold. (Photo: Business Wire)

Coca-cola is not returning my tweets. Will keep badgering them until results occur!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    What are you badgering them about?

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    What are you badgering them about?

Going downtown with the car and taking some photos of something. I want to do some promotion with my group and we're based in the same city as their global headquarters.

Maybe getting our hands on some early?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I thought it'd be because Slimer isn't on the box

Joolander on
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »

I have green Sharpie. I'll fix it.

• Options
    Check out these EMPIRE magazine covers:
    v0ac34v0m4s3.jpg
    2evt8rvx4shn.jpg

And this set photo:
    9gece3jxcf54.jpg

I am increasingly convinced that this is going to be cribbing more from the cartoon than the original movies.

I'm fully okay with this!

• Options
    Firehouse Update: I have the second floor and a chunk of the third floor complete. I am posed with a difficult display problem. Most of the modular Lego buildings are either on 32x32 bases of 16x32 bases. They link together so they can be much longer than 32 but never any deeper.

The Firehouse however is 32 wide and 48 deep. The way it is designed it wants to sit on a surface with the front facing outward but that would stock far over the edge of any of my shelves which are deep enough to hold a 32 base plate easily.

I could turn it sideways but that means I will one of the two sides would be against the wall. This would make street side un-viewable to or side that can open up unable to open. Both are neat in their own ways.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Firehouse Update: I have the second floor and a chunk of the third floor complete. I am posed with a difficult display problem. Most of the modular Lego buildings are either on 32x32 bases of 16x32 bases. They link together so they can be much longer than 32 but never any deeper.

The Firehouse however is 32 wide and 48 deep. The way it is designed it wants to sit on a surface with the front facing outward but that would stock far over the edge of any of my shelves which are deep enough to hold a 32 base plate easily.

I could turn it sideways but that means I will one of the two sides would be against the wall. This would make street side un-viewable to or side that can open up unable to open. Both are neat in their own ways.

There's clearly only one possible solution to your conundrum here Timspork.
    Box the kit back up, and mail it to me. I don't have any modular buildings, so I won't face a similar display problem.

Really, everybody wins. Well, mostly me. But you win a little too here.

• Options
    Ready for (probably) every funny scene by Chris Hemsworth in the new movie? Happy Administrative Professionals Day (4/27)!

https://youtu.be/4cCqOZDu2-w
    The coffee bit killed me.

• Options
    edited April 2016

Oh hey, Coke actually explained Slimer's absence!
    The team at Ghostbusters News reached out to Coca-Cola for an answer:

Our new packaging reflects a fresh update for the next Ghostbusters installment and better reflects our The Coca-Cola Company’s values and commitment to responsible marketing, including not advertising directly to children under the age of 12. As part of our Responsible Marketing policy, we commit to not using celebrities or characters that are primarily appealing to children under 12. Learn more about our policy at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/content/dam/journey/us/en/private/fileassets/pdf/2015/10/responsible-marketing-policy-2015.pdf

Huh, that's interesting. Guess the old formula is just a bit too childhood obesity and diabetes-inducing for a green, cartoon ghost mascot.

I mean, that's responsible of them but have they considered that Slimer is ostensibly a fat, malnourished dead guy? Seems like a decent warning to me! (joke)

TankHammer on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

Oh hey, Coke actually explained Slimer's absence!
    The team at Ghostbusters News reached out to Coca-Cola for an answer:

Our new packaging reflects a fresh update for the next Ghostbusters installment and better reflects our The Coca-Cola Company’s values and commitment to responsible marketing, including not advertising directly to children under the age of 12. As part of our Responsible Marketing policy, we commit to not using celebrities or characters that are primarily appealing to children under 12. Learn more about our policy at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/content/dam/journey/us/en/private/fileassets/pdf/2015/10/responsible-marketing-policy-2015.pdf

Huh, that's interesting. Guess the old formula is just a bit too childhood obesity and diabetes-inducing for a green, cartoon ghost mascot.

I mean, that's responsible of them but have they considered that Slimer is ostensibly a fat, malnourished dead guy? Seems like a decent warning to me! (joke)

I actually really like this answer myself!

Very respectable.

I loathe marketing to children tho

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I read the comments on that video, because I hate myself

woof

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I read the comments on that video, because I hate myself

woof

you should just sock your nuts next time

it;s much quicker and less long lasting pain

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    did you miss the part about me hating myself

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    did you miss the part about me hating myself

you can fit more self abuse in with my method then

• Options
    The best movie of 1984 or any year before or since is coming back to theaters again in preparation for the new film.
    7oQQrjk.jpg
    via: Entertainment Weekly
    Original 'Ghostbusters' is returning to theaters
    Along with official immersive screenings for the rabid 'Ghostbuster' fan

All this anticipation for the new Ghostbusters movie got you hankering for a dose of the original? Well have no fear, Sony Pictures has got you covered. On June 8, the anniversary of the original 1984 release, Fathom Events (the event company shared by AMC, Regal, and Cinemark Theaters) will re-release the orignal film in more than 750 theaters across the country. (An encore date of June 12 has also been scheduled.)

Peter Vankman, Egon, and even Slimer will be hitting theaters for these brief two days before the classic film returns to the vault.

In addition, BBQ Films will be hosting three nights of immersive screenings of Ghostbusters in a giant warehouse in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (natch) beginning June 8. The event company plans to transform the venue into a Ghostbusters HQ where fans can strap on a proton pack, hang with some ghosts, and of course screen the original film.

Tickets for both events can be found here: FathomEvents.com and BBQ Films.

• Options
    a5t7jkpl4ucu.jpg
    New Ghostbusters toys are out today!

Check your local Targets and Toys R Uses

• Options
    Man I was just at a target today and did not see any.

• Options
    Man I was just at a target today and did not see any.

They're not out everywhere yet. A friend of mine hit 5 stores and came up empty.

I don't collect things I can't bring to a convention so I haven't been looking.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    man, that is a lot of hawkmans. Who would ever want that many? or one. Who would want any number of hawkmans?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Update: sounds like if you want to get these and you don't see them on the shelf you can bring in a printout of the online listing or just the store item number and an employee can get one for you from the stock room.

Be polite.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    At least it shouldn't be hard to find the female figures unlike for Star Wars. Since these are all ladies. Except the ghosts of course.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Plot twist; they make all ghost figures.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    man, that is a lot of hawkmans. Who would ever want that many? or one. Who would want any number of hawkmans?

Given how many of them are on the shelf, I'm guessing the answer is more or less what you'd expect. Nobody.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Do the build a figure pieces in the Ghostbuster figures forming the same exact ghost figure you can buy normally? That seems really shitty. Usually build a figures make something super awesome and unique.

What are the smaller toys directly under the Matchbox sized vehicles on the right? Minimates or something?

• Options
    Probably minimates?

• Options
    The little ghosts underneath (on the shelf) are squeeze/stress toys. You squeeze the ghost and a slime bubble pops out with an eyeball suspended within it.

I can't find photos of the other toys hanging on the wall above that.

This discussion has been closed.