As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warlords of Pigzwolvez [SE++ WoW]

19495969798100»

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    maybe I should start getting in the visions for kilrogg since I want fuckall to do with the bloods

they're so far away 'cause yall got blinks and stuff so I don't really get to do anything to them anyway before they die, so I'll always be near visions

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    zeny i dont know how you were struck for 225k but it sounds like your gear was broken or something else was significantly wrong

are you... sure that you actually switched to prot spec?

the largest unmitigated hit I received the entire set of wipes was 180k

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    A lot of people in my group are getting their rings this week. We had a couple of fun moments.

Like when you use the ring on Hellfire Assault, and then the AoE goes off, and everything just disappears and we were just left standing around waiting for something to show up to attack.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    zeny i dont know how you were struck for 225k but it sounds like your gear was broken or something else was significantly wrong

Maybe you're onto something. Every so often when I switch to my tank spec on my monk, my stance literally fails to activate and I can't manually enable it. I wonder if something similar can happen with prot paladins?

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Maybe you're onto something. Every so often when I switch to my tank spec on my monk, my stance literally fails to activate and I can't manually enable it. I wonder if something similar can happen with prot paladins?

Prot stance is just the threat buff. Unless it just didnt give me the proper amount of armor, which would be... unlikely.

During the time I got murderlized, I was definitely prot. I switched on attempt 11, the 4 hit knockout was attempt 15
    Armor value: 53.09%

It's important to understand. protection paladins are REALLY good in a lot of other areas.
    I was a solid 8k DPS higher.
    On our closest fights in terms of time, I took a million more damage than you, but I also healed myself for 5.66million compared to your 1.65million
    I averaged something like 3x more interrupts than you (Your top: 5, my top: 16 Your worst: 1 My worst: 6 Avenging shield is hella broken.)

But when it comes to not dying to burst damage they are literally the shittiest dumb bads. It's why they're absolutely ridiculous when paired with disc priests. Paladins are incredibly efficient in taking damage over time, yeah I take a bit more than a warrior, but I do 5 times his healing. Yeah I heal less than a DK, but I take half his damage. But when those 200k swings start coming out, paladin is the bottom of the totem pole for "I as a healer can look away for a few seconds, and assume my tank will still be there when I get back."

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    i dont care what your ability loadout is, there's no way you should be taking 33% more damage than a warrior passively on a melee swing

you should have virtually the same amount of armor I do

you took bigger hits than hunter and he doesn't get to wear a shield

Jasconius on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    maybe I should start getting in the visions for kilrogg since I want fuckall to do with the bloods

they're so far away 'cause yall got blinks and stuff so I don't really get to do anything to them anyway before they die, so I'll always be near visions

We want a ranged who can deal with blood going in so they can oneshot blood when they get out.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Boomkins might work for that?

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Boomkins might work for that?

We've been using mirren and doom and it's been working pretty well after that first blood phase.

Actually on the kill we sent in no ranged on portal 1 and it worked too.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Ideally you send in all melee both phases and you have enough ranged to deal with the adds as normal.

But we don't have the comp/numbers to do that so whatever. It will be cleaner starting next week as we're just better at it(me especially) and we start gaining more rings.

• Options
    I guess I could pug archimonde to try to get that last book but I'd rather shove a hot poker in my dick.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    With only getting 2 books this week bringing me to 27 there's no guarantee I even get the remaining 6 next week.

• Options
    im probably gonna be pugging archimonde this weekend because of how vital my stupid class trinket is

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    im probably gonna be pugging archimonde this weekend because of how vital my stupid class trinket is

Bring me. I don't even want my class trinket that much, but that 1hander he drops is pretty good.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Is the current F Troop plan to continue heroic or do an alt-troop?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    With only getting 2 books this week bringing me to 27 there's no guarantee I even get the remaining 6 next week.

We've done full clears of HFC since the first week, and there's someone in our raid group who has been present for every single boss kill every lockout, and after we finished our run this week, still only has like 24 Tomes.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Is the current F Troop plan to continue heroic or do an alt-troop?

Same as last week I guess, if the right people show up we can do some more Heroic, but most likely Old Style F Troop

mkc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I wouldn't mind doing some of the early heroic bosses alt troop style since I miss them on tues

and fel reaver piston is now one of my best trinkets for affliction so I need to get at that reaver

I'm glad that affliction is great now but it means I do really poorly on kilrogg bloods and gorefiend skellymans and might be better off tunneling the boss/longer lived adds in those situations

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    it is almost time for a new thread. my title suggestion:

I am the god of Hellfire and I bring you... Fire!

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    stuck between a rock and a fire place

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Adus wrote: »

It occurs to me that archimonde talks a lot, but I dont remember anything he ever says. God, imperator margok was so good.

• Options
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »

It occurs to me that archimonde talks a lot, but I dont remember anything he ever says. God, imperator margok was so good.

I AM MAL'GANIS
    I
    AM
    A
    TURTLE

• Options
    i dont care what your ability loadout is, there's no way you should be taking 33% more damage than a warrior passively on a melee swing

you should have virtually the same amount of armor I do

you took bigger hits than hunter and he doesn't get to wear a shield

That's actually untrue on both accounts.

You get unwavering sentinel + defensive stance.
    Combined these grant you 25% damage reduction and 10% armor. Some Stamina, your threat generation, and other such stuff.

Hunterb gets blood Presence
    This gives him 10% damage reduction and 30% armor. Stamina, threat gen, etc.

I get Guided by the light, Sanctuary, and Righteous fury
    The first gives me my stamina and other things (block chance, lower chance to be crit? I dont remember everything on it)
    The last gives me my threat gen, and only my threat gen. It's also the only toggleable thing.
    Sanctuary grants me 10% DR.

Recap:
    DK's - 30% armor 10% DR
    Paladins - 0% armor 10% DR
    Warriors - 10% armor 25% DR (At level 100, one of your draenor perks was 10% armor and 5% DR, so non 100 warriors have 0% armor 20% DR)

I think I get slightly higher block chance than you? But in equal gear YOU have more armor, YOU have more DR. In equal gear I think even hunterb gets more armor than I do, given that 30% of non-shield armor is more than the 800 armor my shield gives me.

Plus, if you look at the maximum damage any of us took from melee, hunterb did in fact take the largest maximum hit IIRC. Something like 246k?
    Regardless him and me were both taking upper maximums of 220-230k for most of the attempts. (and for reference the 15% DR + armor you have on us is what would bring that down to the 180-190k maximums you were seeing)

I dont know where you people get these idea's that paladin is starting from equal footing with the other tanks. Im fairly certain that it has the worst passives pretty much across the board. It's only the active abilities that give it some semblance of tankiness.

• Options
    Can actually tell you that against any form of magic damage, Brewmaster is worse than Paladin. After the nerfs to BM in 6.2, it might even be possible that Paladins are better until maybe ilvl 720 or so, but chances are they equalize around that point rather than one being ahead of the other.

The nerf to base stagger and the rate at which Mastery affects it was a pretty...staggering nerf. I was barely able to break 50% without trinket cooldowns in 6.1, and now I'm barely breaking 40% with +15 ilvls.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I respecced my Brew from Mastery to Critical Strike and swapped from Serenity to Chi explosion. Crit/ChiX is far ahead of Mastery/Serenity now.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Can actually tell you that against any form of magic damage, Brewmaster is worse than Paladin. After the nerfs to BM in 6.2, it might even be possible that Paladins are better until maybe ilvl 720 or so, but chances are they equalize around that point rather than one being ahead of the other.

The nerf to base stagger and the rate at which Mastery affects it was a pretty...staggering nerf. I was barely able to break 50% without trinket cooldowns in 6.1, and now I'm barely breaking 40% with +15 ilvls.

Doesnt your stance give you 15% magic resistance? That's more than the 10% sanctuary gives.
    Does armor even work on magic abilities? Do brewmasters even have way lower armor?

I feel like the real question is... do more paladins run holy shield than brewmasters run soul dance.
    Does anyone even run those talents these days?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    nobody ever used Soul Dance even before the stagger nerfs.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    nobody ever used Soul Dance even before the stagger nerfs.

It did sound HELLA useless.

At least I can swap to holy shield and occasionally block spells as need be. But my god after playing at 40%+ haste levels you just cant let it go. Imagine being bloodlusted all the time, and having to give that up so that you can some of the time lower the damage of some abilities.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I got a seven free days thing so I made a death knight to see what they were about

and boy howdy that intro story was some shit writing, the unskippable minutes of NPC chatter was awesome too

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So I've been exalted with the Tanaan reps, and have got all the rares needed for that achievement for days now.

And that fucking Rare is just NEVER UP.

God, how is anyone supposed to do this when he takes 24 goddamn hours to respawn.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    So I've been exalted with the Tanaan reps, and have got all the rares needed for that achievement for days now.

God, how is anyone supposed to do this when he takes 24 goddamn hours to respawn.

Get it early because you looked it up and realized it would be absolutely awful once everyone else had it.

Conversely, wait until server reset because, unless they changed something, he respawns immediately when the servers come up.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

My guess is low pop server + getting the rare achievement done the first week. I'm on Stormrage so i guess I'll see it 2 expansions from now. After all, IoT is still busy.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.