Options

Warlords of Pigzwolvez [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i think blackhand is going to take a while yeah

even on normal its very demanding. DPS wise I think we're totally fine but there's a lot of fire and its weird fire

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    When i logged on today the item level bump hadn't happened so we might have to rely on the old backup of "getting gud" to beat blast furnace.

Also my phone wanted to auto correct gud to goku. Getting goku would also probably help.

The menagerie is for guests only.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Heroic blackhand is going to require a whole lot more raid awareness out of every single person than we've currently got. It's also going to require better group movement and coordination. Phase 2 is going to take us a very, very long time. Phase 3 will just be a gear check, and Phase 1 is a really light mechanics check.

But Phase 2 is going to need the ranged group to move as a unit, but still be properly spaced out, and everyone will need total awareness of what bombs they're near and where the seige engine is in relation to them. We're not gunna be able to take a single spear hit. It's an incredibly chaotic fight. Moreover, the steps and progression of the encounter are almost exclusively determined by the players, which is gunna be a problem for us. There are no preset variables, it'll all be determined on the fly. It'll require a lot of improvisation from everyone, which we usually have to work a lot at.

It will take quite a while but at least it isn't a 10 minute fight.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Yeah I'll wipe on blackhand all night. It's a fun and fast fight.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    You can get hozen followers?
    I feel like I was never informed about this.
    I need every follower in my garrison to be a hozen. Something pleases me about the idea of a bunch of hozen raiding highmaul and Blackrock.

wat

My followers are going to ook them in the dookers.
    xVVsRVC.png

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    The speed at which the siege tanks get energy in Heroic makes Phase 2 an entirely different beast when compared to Normal.
    You can't miss any daggers on a tank, slag bomb placement must be precise so the tank loses its armor quickly while easing kiting over remaining bombs, and an offtank must take a set of daggers if the tank is to die before mortar fire.
    In Normal, the group positioning for us was not that crucial; heroic positioning will make or break you very quickly.

• Options
    a lot of interesting stuff on MMO champion today

including some 6.1 class representation numbers. Monks/Rogues/Warlocks clocking in at the bottom. Really surprised to see Warrior above Shaman and DK. I feel like they are everywhere.

also this http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/stats/dps/heroic/gruul#per=95,ilvl=670

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    those DW frost numbers make me the saddest panda

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Something about those charts must be borked, cause it says Brewmasters actually become WORSE with the gear upgrades

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Those dps levels are pretty accurately representative of our own recounts, I've found, give or take some. Not really the numbers, but the rankings

Javen on
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

you're a zombie

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »

you're a zombie

zombie person, who is metaphorically a sad panda

• Options
    pandas cant be zombies

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    pandas cant be zombies

look mr. dixel yes they can

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=87616/gravewalker-gie

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Those representation numbers, while interesting, are always skewed because high ilevel guilds are both much smaller in size and more likely to follow rigid class trends than lower ilevel guilds

Like the priest number is almost certainly only higher at the end of the ilevel flow because of mythic Blast Furnace.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    pandas cant be zombies

look mr. dixel yes they can

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=87616/im-a-big-turd-eater

your link is busted

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Well that explains zau's problems with the destro experiment.

Shocked ret is that high. Not shocked at feral. And all that feral dps translates over to pvp.

• Options
    oh yeah i found a link to a simulationcraft for 6.1 tanks and uhh

its a wonder why every mythic guild isn't running double brewmaster. by far and away the best DTPS. With paladins as an honorable mention for pretty good DTPS and high self heal/absorb

i dont have the URL to share but it was very compelling

• Options
    Ret is where it is because when it does sims it assumes that the proc chance happens flat over the fight, ignoring that fights have burn periods or periods of cleave or increased damage

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I wish you could sort out people with 4 piece or 2 piece.

Did blizzard give a reason why the ilevel boost didn't go through today?

• Options
    Those aren't sims that were linked though, I think it's overall representation at the selected ilvl on the grull fight.

• Options
    But it's still a collection of a whole bunch of parses, many of which will be getting procs at just the right times. Still sucks a whole bunch if you're not one of those people, though

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    when my 2 pc procs like 3 times in a row it fucking rules

when it does not proc for an entire fight it rules far less

• Options
    The difference between my 2 piece proccing on my opener is something like 300k damage, plus or minus timely crits. Arms is RNG as hell. It's all about stacking dem procs during the magic C smash window

• Options
    feral set bonuses are passives but i'm not sure how huge an impact they are

the 4pc has done between like 2%-4% of my total damage, depending on the fight

no idea about 2pc

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah here's the tank sim

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

I don't know if they have any oddball settings here but holy shit brewmaster what the hell

• Options
    My guess for the mythic representation has more to do with how many useful cooldowns a tank has

Tanks are likely well balanced enough that past a certain point, your DTPS isn't really relevant anymore, and what cooldowns you can bring to an encounter are

That's my guess anyway

• Options
    On a fight like kromog yes, cool downs do matter

But brewmasters also have great cool downs

A fight like blast furnace though it's a straight up mitigation test, super flat damage curve.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Ret is where it is because when it does sims it assumes that the proc chance happens flat over the fight, ignoring that fights have burn periods or periods of cleave or increased damage

It also has a higher change between percentiles than the nearby specs.

But yeah, rets biggest issue is that it's fully possible to be bloodlusted, with your str pot going, plus your 20% damage 3min cooldown going, and then get 0 procs for the next 40 seconds. Culminating in you doing a solid half normal DPS.

if you assume statistically average proc's, it doesnt look terrible. But a single streak of bad luck at a particularly needed burn phase? And your DPS is in toilet town right when you need it most.

The most frustrating thing is that good luck generates more chances at procs, due to how divine purpose and divine storm work. Im trying to figure out what the DPS equations for this even look like.

The largest take away though is that if you get lucky, you can get really lucky, if you get unlucky, everything goes to shit. It's about a 1/10 chance to get no procs during the opening 25 seconds, when everyones using all their cooldowns.

And on a shorter burst, like say the primal elementalists, where they may only be active for ~15 seconds? You've got a solid 1/6 chance of no procs.

• Options
    I'm getting the impression retribution paladins are a very frustrated bunch

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    My guess for the mythic representation has more to do with how many useful cooldowns a tank has

Tanks are likely well balanced enough that past a certain point, your DTPS isn't really relevant anymore, and what cooldowns you can bring to an encounter are

That's my guess anyway

it's because of how Stagger works in Blackrock Foundry.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I'm getting the impression retribution paladins are a very frustrated bunch

Pretty much yeah.
    I think its important to note that if you scale that ilvl up from 670. To 685, ret drops from near the top to straight bottom tier.

Retribution used to be the god-king of highmaul DPS. And now it's basically the laughing stock of BRF.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    if we're talking about dps then i'm not surprised monks are underrepresented. windwalker is just a miserable spec and most people i'd talk to who play/played it agreed.

i'm relatively new here but in the past i've always been one to stick with the class i chose to start raiding with. if i joined a new server with friends i might start something new, but i'd never class switch in the middle of progression. so for me to do so now indicates real problems with a class/spec.

they messed up making jab cost more energy at the same time a new expansion started and haste levels bottomed out. plus they made fists of fury the top damaging ability so you must never miss a cast, so you have to prepare to have 3 chi when it comes off cooldown. having to think that far ahead in your rotation gets annoying when the bosses are more complicated than ever and you have to maintain rising sun kick debuff and tiger power buff, and so on.

it can put out decent numbers but man is it not fun.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    i think the graphs are just in general

the reasons for monks being underrepresented, i guess

1) they are still a relatively new class. MOST people don't main switch too often, and monks only came out a couple years ago. There's bound to be less of them to start.

2) Their DPS spec has issues, from what I've talked to people who play it/played it. Their tanking and healing specs are very strong and a lot of fun, but there are naturally less tanks and healers.

• Options
    This continues to bother me.
    Someone is either controlling this market. Or every alchemist out there is refusing to make tons of money.

Armor potion cost: 170g per 20
    Cost per 1: 8.5g
    Materials used per 1: 3 frostweed
    Cost per 1 frostweed: 2g or less depending on buyer
    Cost of frostweed per potion: 6g

Alchemists can apparently produce infinite money by buying frostweed and making armor potions. We're talking 2.5g per 3 frostweed you buy according to these prices.

Somebody isnt taking advantage of this. The invisible hand is not passing off benefits to me the consumer! Where are my governmental regulations!

• Options
    if we're talking about dps then i'm not surprised monks are underrepresented. windwalker is just a miserable spec and most people i'd talk to who play/played it agreed.

i'm relatively new here but in the past i've always been one to stick with the class i chose to start raiding with. if i joined a new server with friends i might start something new, but i'd never class switch in the middle of progression. so for me to do so now indicates real problems with a class/spec.

they messed up making jab cost more energy at the same time a new expansion started and haste levels bottomed out. plus they made fists of fury the top damaging ability so you must never miss a cast, so you have to prepare to have 3 chi when it comes off cooldown. having to think that far ahead in your rotation gets annoying when the bosses are more complicated than ever and you have to maintain rising sun kick debuff and tiger power buff, and so on.

Yeah don't feel too put off by it

Your numbers are still really good so no one much cares

Plus another ranged person is always aces.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    monks are a weird john madden class in every single spec and people hate pandas for some reason

can't imagine why they'd be real popular among the common rabble

if you like pandas and crave a somewhat more complex than usual class though they are perfect

• Options

I didnt feel like they were underrepresented. Unless I was looking in the wrong place.
    When you scale the ilvl up to where most of us are, or change difficulties to mythic, windwalkers jump to #4 or higher on every boss.

Windwalker just seems like a really tough, but high parsing DPS. Which would explain why it's suddenly much more prevalent at high ilvl's or difficulties.

• Options
    I will be very, very late tonight, very likely only there for furnace attempts, or iron maidens if things go especially poorly (please go especially poorly, I still want their boots)

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    This continues to bother me.
    Someone is either controlling this market. Or every alchemist out there is refusing to make tons of money.

Armor potion cost: 170g per 20
    Cost per 1: 8.5g
    Materials used per 1: 3 frostweed
    Cost per 1 frostweed: 2g or less depending on buyer
    Cost of frostweed per potion: 6g

Alchemists can apparently produce infinite money by buying frostweed and making armor potions. We're talking 2.5g per 3 frostweed you buy according to these prices.

Somebody isnt taking advantage of this. The invisible hand is not passing off benefits to me the consumer! Where are my governmental regulations!

Somebody IS taking advantage of it.
    The one guy who puts up 200 potions on Tuesday for lazy raiders to buy.
    Next few people to jump in eat a relist fee.

mkc.png
This discussion has been closed.