Options

Warlords of Pigzwolvez [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    The healing spheres do heal people when they expire as well, so they are never wasted. It decides the closest damaged ally when they expire.

Its really not a BAD mastery its just kind of hard to judge it. In 5 mans its great because its the best small aoe healing you can get. Except you need to spam the shit out of other, expensive heals to generate them.

If I ever get to go to your off raids I can tank too, my BrM was at least 655.

the issue is that the healing they provide is assbutt

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    The healing spheres do heal people when they expire as well, so they are never wasted. It decides the closest damaged ally when they expire.

Its really not a BAD mastery its just kind of hard to judge it. In 5 mans its great because its the best small aoe healing you can get. Except you need to spam the shit out of other, expensive heals to generate them.

If I ever get to go to your off raids I can tank too, my BrM was at least 655.

the issue is that the healing they provide is assbutt

Appropriate for something that costs you nothing. But not insignificant throughout a long fight

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    If you look at a lot of monk heals, they are all kind of assbutt except for soothing and chi explosion/rejuvinating mist

Its a spec that has a lot of small heals that are supposed to add up. When there are like 10 orbs laying around that heal for 4-5k each after like 10 seconds, thats not completely insignificant.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Mastery, even in enormous amounts, barely increases the amount of healing the spheres do. A stat like multistrike or crit has a huge impact on your overall healing.

The spheres are nice to have and contribute a small amount of your overall healing, but it doesn't make Mastery any less of a waste, or Detonate Chi any less lackluster as a button.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    running cheat death forever on maidens now

mostly because I still hate the turrets fire hitboxes up close

actually looking at the healing leeching poison is worthless so elusiveness/cheat death forever and ever

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    it's insignificant enough to make mastery a stat no MW wants on gear. WW mastery sucks too. BM mastery is great. so if you have BM as one spec then your gear pretty much doesn't translate to the other. pretty annoying.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    There are a lot of turrets that the boss places at the edges of the room that the melee is literally incapable of helping with, where they're so close to the edge that you can't circle around them without getting hit by a bunch of fireballs

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    it's insignificant enough to make mastery a stat no MW wants on gear. WW mastery sucks too. BM mastery is great. so if you have BM as one spec then your gear pretty much doesn't translate to the other. pretty annoying.

on the brightside there are brewmaster stat builds that also run crit/multistrike

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    There are a lot of turrets that the boss places at the edges of the room that the melee is literally incapable of helping with, where they're so close to the edge that you can't circle around them without getting hit by a bunch of fireballs

And those are always dropped while Mirren is busy running from 3 Garan abilities and trying to get a good Combustion off

mkc.png
  • Options
    A lot of my maidens enrage deaths seem to be circling turrets and then the game decides I'm not circling hard enough and gives me 3 bullets in a row. Down with this net code says I

• Options
    We should just stack Moonkin so melee don't have to help on turrets. They can also flap to Blackhand balconies on the P1 transition guaranteeing a smooth P2.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    So it took me less than a week to transition from "boo don't make me play Fire" to "wooooo burn motherfuckers".
    Also the 4 piece is more fun in practice than I thought it would be, but the procs are way too unpredictable/rare.

Also also Mr Robot logs should take tier bonuses into account when it's giving you a rank vs same spec/ilvl

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    A lot of my maidens enrage deaths seem to be circling turrets and then the game decides I'm not circling hard enough and gives me 3 bullets in a row. Down with this net code says I

yeah the hitboxes on the fireballs when they spawn are some hot bullshit

also i may have died in the last attempt because i was trying to preempt a turret and woops it immediately spawned and i'm at 4 stacks

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    The hitboxes on the fireballs are bullshit at ANY point in time.

That last attempt I died while playing dodgeball while chasing after garan, and I feel like a few only flew near me they blew me right the hell up.

• Options
    Walt wrote: »
    Mastery, even in enormous amounts, barely increases the amount of healing the spheres do. A stat like multistrike or crit has a huge impact on your overall healing.

The spheres are nice to have and contribute a small amount of your overall healing, but it doesn't make Mastery any less of a waste, or Detonate Chi any less lackluster as a button.

Mastery increases the chance of spawning a sphere, the healing is entirely based on SP.

Its still a bad stat, but its not useless. Its just not really measurable like crit or multistrike where its just a hard number. Or most masteries for that matter. Still, its better than the WW monk mastery.

• Options
    Healing sphere healing is logged so yes it is measurable and provably shit

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    The hitboxes on the fireballs are bullshit at ANY point in time.

That last attempt I died while playing dodgeball while chasing after garan, and I feel like a few only flew near me they blew me right the hell up.

Lik dis if u die evrytim

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    How many ranged versus melee do we usually run in our tuesday/thursday groups? Mage, Warlock, 1 or 2 hunters, I know Eits was boomkin for most of the attempts. Did I miss anybody?

• Options
    I will always immediately switch to a turret and notice a lot of the time, people do not do the same

even ones melee can hit

• Options
    edited March 2015
    i dunno man

thats kind of like saying whirlwind is a weak attack against a single targeting dummy so why bother. its effectively the monk version of "the circle" except it costs nothing and is completely passive

it would be nice in a situation like the kromog frenzy to have a bunch of orbs to soak up during the stone breath, seeing as how i spend most of that session below 50% and a tank still inevitably gets whacked

not saying drop everything and respec mastery, but it IS something that can be useful

Jasconius on
  • Options
    All my BRF items just got boosted
    Except my tier pieces

mkc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    How many ranged versus melee do we usually run in our tuesday/thursday groups? Mage, Warlock, 1 or 2 hunters, I know Eits was boomkin for most of the attempts. Did I miss anybody?

that's pretty much it yeah

we usually end up with about 20-30% more melee than ranged depending on late arrivals/early exits

i think blizz has done a decent job overall with remedying the old problems of melee heavy raids (everything cleaves!) by way of having mechanics that ranged have to worry about too (flamebender lava things are an easy example)

but every now and then there's the one bastard mechanic where everything would be easy if we only had a small platoon of 690 hunters

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Ok now everything is increased
    Weird that it happened piecemeal

mkc.png
  • Options
    Lord Dave wrote: »

computers man... computers. gotta flush those caches

• Options
    Lord Dave wrote: »

YOU'RE PIECEMEAL

• Options
    got em

• Options
    Healing sphere healing is logged so yes it is measurable and provably shit

Ok then, guess this can't be a discussion.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Even with the spheres all over the place they don't heal for much and they force people out of dps to retrieve them. With fights as tightly tuned as they are these days they're just not worth it.

The lightwell comparison was actually a really good one. Really powerful in theory but in practice it just doesn't get used to full effectiveness.

• Options
    Basically, if you're melee, and you think you can't keep up with the turret spinning, best not to bother. The only reason I'm able to confidently do it is because rogues are 2fast, and I also try to keep a cloak of shadows cooldown up in case I get hit by 1 or 2, which does happen occasionally. We're not THAT starved for ranged, and 1 or 2 extra melee helping should be enough.

• Options
    correct, there is nothing to discuss

healing spheres are a fun little bonus, mastery is provably a garbage stat that tanks your throughput, the end

do not gear for mistweaver mastery unless you want to suck on purpose, as a joke

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Even with the spheres all over the place they don't heal for much and they force people out of dps to retrieve them. With fights as tightly tuned as they are these days they're just not worth it.

The lightwell comparison was actually a really good one. Really powerful in theory but in practice it just doesn't get used to full effectiveness.

i point out kromog because we're constantly moving and strafing anyway. the orb spawns 3 yards away from us? no problem. we'll be there in a heartbeat anyway

• Options
    Yeah but lightwell's problem is that it was ridiculously powerful, just extremely inconvenient. So its use actually had a huge impact on priests potential HPS. Monk spheres are kind of that idea re-imagined, only to a much diluted effect, ever since they added the explosion part of it. When it was first a thing, they just faded away if not used, but the actual spheres healed for a ton more

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    The turrets are some hot bullshit.
    I was able to kite around them reasonably consistently while speed of light is going. But then it ends and suddenly i've got 4 horns going in my ear and I lose 300k hp in the time it takes me to frantically hit my bubble.

• Options

:(

• Options
    correct, there is nothing to discuss

healing spheres are a fun little bonus, mastery is provably a garbage stat that tanks your throughput, the end

do not gear for mistweaver mastery unless you want to suck on purpose, as a joke

I like how you keep saying this like I didn't preface every comment I made with "it's bad"

• Options

If you're elementalizing full time now, that actually gives us a really balanced dps makeup

• Options
    edited March 2015

If you're elementalizing full time now, that actually gives us a really balanced dps makeup

that's the plan. WW was just making me miserable. i feel like being ele is win/win for us. it's more fun for me and as you said balances out our class setup a bit better (both on the melee/ranged ratio and the leather/other stuff ratio).

now if BRF would actually drop some upgrades so i can catch his ilevel up a bit that'd be great. i think i was doing well for 668 though (670 now).

also his offspec is resto and i actually know how to play it (sort of) so that's a backup healer if it's ever needed. lacking healers never seems to be an issue but doesn't hurt to have that option.

Adus on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Our healer count swings wildly. It's always good to have someone with a heal offspec who prefers dps.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I dunno, we always seems to have too.many healers or exactly enough.

Maybe not on Sundays, though? I only went to the one.

• Options
    Somebody who knows how to heal well but prefers to do sickass ranged DPS is pretty ideal to have

mkc.png
This discussion has been closed.