Options

Warlords of Pigzwolvez [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Somebody who knows how to heal well but prefers to do sickass ranged DPS is pretty ideal to have

hi

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »
    it's insignificant enough to make mastery a stat no MW wants on gear. WW mastery sucks too. BM mastery is great. so if you have BM as one spec then your gear pretty much doesn't translate to the other. pretty annoying.

on the brightside there are brewmaster stat builds that also run crit/multistrike

that only really works in Highmaul. Tank damage benefits too much from Mastery in Blackrock, it's silly not to stack Mastery.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    All I know is that I wanna be the sickest Brewmaster

Gonna purify the stagger damage never drop the shuffle and pick up the globes and fail at the tank swap and kill Zenyatoo like a hero

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    if the other tank is dead then that means there's more left for you to tank!

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    if the other tank is dead then that means there's more left for you to tank!

I can confirm this is how it works.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Somebody who knows how to heal well but prefers to do sickass ranged DPS is pretty ideal to have

i would be the worst shaman

id be the guy with both dps specs as his 2

whenever i get around to finishing leveling my paladin i'll be able to tank offnight shit with him because thats actually fun and he already has the best xmog setup so i wanna play him at some point

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    We need to get back to all-paladin raids

mkc.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    My lady belf pally does look fucking fabulous...

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    My lady belf pally does look fucking fabulous...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTo1OKr_3WU

• Options
    We need to get back to all-paladin raids

I am a strong proponent of this idea.
    We just need to have a night where everyone bubbles during kromog.
    And then hand of protections during the next hands phase.
    Doing hands is for suckers.

• Options
    ret paladin was actually my original plan for wod before the last minute transfer of the warlock

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular

whenever i get around to finishing leveling my paladin i'll be able to tank offnight shit with him because thats actually fun and he already has the best xmog setup so i wanna play him at some point

honestly i considered that, since i'm not that fond of healing but enhance right now doesn't sound like it's much better off than windwalker so i doubt i'd play it. so i may as well keep the heal spec for emergencies. it's a shame cause i loved enhance when i played it in wrath.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I may have said this in /g too late last night, but let me reiterate:

As a healer, on Iron Maidens, I would ask every dps to focus primarily on dodging bombs, secondarily on dodging bombs, and tertiarily on not dying. Then, by all means, DPS the bosses. Phase two isn't even really hurting our mana, we don't have to push phase 3 faster if nobody is taking needless damage, because it means we are higher on mana. I had two attempts last night entering phase 3 at 95%~ mana because I timed my channeled pot well, and I had like FOUR where I entered at <50% (even using a channeled pot) because I kept having to heal unnecessary damage on people.

Thank you for your time,
    Apron

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Adus wrote: »

honestly i considered that, since i'm not that fond of healing but enhance right now doesn't sound like it's much better off than windwalker so i doubt i'd play it. so i may as well keep the heal spec for emergencies. it's a shame cause i loved enhance when i played it in wrath.

eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh i dunno man. i find enhance to be pretty damn easy. press all buttons to win. there's one or two talent options that can throw a curveball. but i find it to be much more straightforward than ele

• Options
    a friend of mine also describes it as "just push buttons when they are pushable" but i refuse to believe that

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    a friend of mine also describes it as "just push buttons when they are pushable" but i refuse to believe that

that sounds like something im really good at.
    Ive had a lot of practice thanks to prot paladin.

• Options

single target i have not been able to see anything other than that

there's one talent that gives you a haste-influenced short cooldown to cast that can't be reasonably macro'd, but its optional

lava lash stormstrike unleash, lightning bolt when you hit 5 stacks of mealstrom, light the victory cigar

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

single target i have not been able to see anything other than that

there's one talent that gives you a haste-influenced short cooldown to cast that can't be reasonably macro'd, but its optional

lava lash stormstrike unleash, lightning bolt when you hit 5 stacks of mealstrom, light the victory cigar

Nope.

There's a priority system to it, and doing good dos requires you to make a lot of snap judgement calls on what button to push based on not only what is currently available, but what will be very shortly available. Also you're using pretty much every gcd.

• Options
    of course there is a priority system

but what are you doing other than waiting for stormstrike and lavalash to come off of cooldown and chewing up Mealstroms? Weighing on whether to wait for X stacks of maelstrom instead of using it prematurely?

speaking single target here

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Specifically, single target (with the now practically mandatory Echo of the Elements talent) is:

Keep your appropriate fire totem up.
    Keep an unleash elements buffed Flame Shock on your target.
    Lightning bolt with 5 Maelstrom stacks.
    Stormstrike with 2 charges of it available.
    Lava Lash with 2 charges available.
    Unleash Elements.
    Frost Shock
    Lava Lash with 1 charge available.
    Stormstrike with 1 charge available.
    Hardcast Lightning bolt if you have a few Maelstrom stacks and nothing is going to be up within your cast time.

Dys on
  • Options
    man people keep saying feral is hard but......

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    every other rotation/priority list looks like babymode after demonology except maybe ww monk

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    respectfully, that's pretty much "press buttons to win"

enhance have a lot of buttons but there's a pretty comprehensive order in which they have to be pressed and there's not much to take into account resource wise until you get to the very bottom of the priority tree

heck, flameshock even has a 30 second duration. that's luxurious to a lot of people

• Options
    I'm just trying to say that enhance is fairly hectic in motion.

I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed any other spec in the game more, though.

• Options
    every other rotation/priority list looks like babymode after demonology except maybe ww monk

demo is truly insane. its opener alone is like... wut

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

feral and BM are no joke

• Options
    bm is weird yeah

also demonbolt demo is shiteasy but then they made it doodoo so

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    i've forced myself into gearing up my monk

cause i bought him 685 gloves for 9.5k gold and I gotta make that investment back

• Options
    man people keep saying feral is hard but......

Zay once explained his rotation to me. Ill try and remember what it was.

There's a buff you need to use a 5 combo points. Keep this up at all times. If you dont have the ability to do it, youve gotta use it at less combo points, which lasts less time but keeping it up is more important
    There's a DoT you need to use at 5 combo points. keep this up at all times. And you really want to use it with 5 points because that makes it do more damages.
    There are 2 other DoTs you need to be keeping on the target
    When all 4 things are going you use a specific move assuming youve got any energy left.
    During AoE segments youve gotta use the AoE move while also keeping these DoTs on the main boss

Doing anything wrong at any point means you wont have enough energy to do the rotation properly. And have to flounder about until you can get back into the swing of things.
    Also all the abilities look like claws or animals roaring.

There was also something about getting a proc for a heal move that you could then instantly cast and should be doing that on damaged people. But man at this point I was entirely in over my head.

There's just so much thinking ahead and paying attention to cooldowns and tracking your DoT's. I feel like if you didnt have to actively do mechanics and such it wouldnt be awful. but then there's periods where you cant reach the boss and you're going to want your DoT's ticking while you're half the room away. Or moving in general to avoid things while trying to get the rotation down ETC.

Meanwhile prot paladin is.
    Judgement, Crusader strike, and if you're talented for it, holy wrath. Use them all on cooldown in basically any order you really want.
    Consecrate does the most damage unless avenging shield can bounce, so use it next.
    Avenging shield jumps to top priority if its procced, but otherwise it's real low.
    Keep sacred shield up (use it once every 30 seconds)
    use your whatever other move you chose every 60 seconds. (20 if you went holy prism)
    If you're a seraphim, you want to bank 5 Holy Power ahead of time. Depending on cooldowns that'll take ~8 seconds.
    Collect your 95th percentile parse.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    So I've been doing Elemental Shaman for everything so far.

How hard is it to switch to Restoration Shaman? Do I need new gear? I'm not even to the point of doing Heroic Dungeons yet. Please tell me how to not be bad.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Specifically I like being Elemental, but I want the option of potentially being a healer.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

How hard is it to switch to Restoration Shaman? Do I need new gear? I'm not even to the point of doing Heroic Dungeons yet. Please tell me how to not be bad.

Only certain piece of gear have spirit on it, now. You want quite a bit, especially to start with. Once you get to the higher gear levels, spirit once again starts being more useless

• Options

cause i bought him 685 gloves for 9.5k gold and I gotta make that investment back

i have a million damn taladite on my DK if you want me to make a 640 ring

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015

It won't matter as much at lower levels. At higher levels you'll need spirit rings, neck, cloak, and trinkets. The stat priority is also different. Elemental favors tons of multistrike, resto favors mastery and haste. But really though keeping up with the spirit on your jewelry is the main thing, other stat optimization is for when you luck out on loot drops and have options.

Edit: oh wait are you already 100? Yeah you need to have spirit gear for those other slots to be really effective at heals. Getting your legendary ring quest underway is a good start.

rhylith on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

i have a million damn taladite on my DK if you want me to make a 640 ring

i've got 3 crafted pieces already (a ring that's 640, 640 shoulders, and a 645 soon to be 660 weapon)

• Options
    foghting the urge to boost a healer. My shaman is 96 but I just hate the resto spec so much now.

My warlock kinda fizzled out. The PVP style isn't that conducive to pugging arena which is what I really wanted. As a healer I get my pick tho.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Healer arena pvp was pretty dynamic and fun when I did it last with any sort of seriousness

This was back in wrath of the lich king, though. I imagine the metagame is really, significantly different now. No mana burn, for one thing.

• Options
    the biggest difference is they've got it to the point now where healing is all about getting nuetralized as little as possible because it's very hard to claw your way back from your whole team half-dead

you can legitimately ignore the healer and a few well timed stuns can end it with some comps

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    The buff provided by using Focus Fire Icon Focus Fire is very strong, and its ideal usage can be summarised as follows.

Use Focus Fire whenever your pet reaches 5 stacks of the buff.
    Delay using it if there are between 10 and 19 seconds left to Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath coming off cooldown. The idea is to wait until there are exactly 10 seconds left.
    Use Focus Fire, regardless of your pet's stacks, whenever Stampede Icon Stampede is active.
    Use Focus Fire, regardless of your pet's stacks, when Bestial Wrath is active and has more than 3 seconds remaining, or when you are about to enter Bestial Wrath.
    Use Focus Fire, regardless of your pet's stacks, when Frenzy Icon Frenzy is about to expire.
    Use Focus Fire, regardless of your pet's stacks, when you are going to do AoE damage.

That's the awful part of BM. Focus Fire is stupid and I hate the entire mechanic.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    The buff provided by using Focus Fire Icon Focus Fire is very strong, and its ideal usage can be summarised as follows.

Use Focus Fire whenever your pet reaches 5 stacks of the buff.
    Delay using it if there are between 10 and 19 seconds left to Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath coming off cooldown. The idea is to wait until there are exactly 10 seconds left.
    Use Focus Fire, regardless of your pet's stacks, whenever Stampede Icon Stampede is active.
    Use Focus Fire, regardless of your pet's stacks, when Bestial Wrath is active and has more than 3 seconds remaining, or when you are about to enter Bestial Wrath.
    Use Focus Fire, regardless of your pet's stacks, when Frenzy Icon Frenzy is about to expire.
    Use Focus Fire, regardless of your pet's stacks, when you are going to do AoE damage.

That's the awful part of BM. Focus Fire is stupid and I hate the entire mechanic.

I literally only use it at 5 stacks because fuck the police

This discussion has been closed.