Options

Warlords of Pigzwolvez [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    oh we talking about rotations? windwalker:

Single Target (Be specced into Chi Brew + Serenity. An Ascension + Chi Explosion single target rotation exists but it is less viable):

Pre-cast Expel Harm over and over so you can start fight with 5 (or 6 chi with Ascension). Keep doing this every 15 seconds on cooldown until you engage cause otherwise your chi fades away.
    Cast Chi Wave during pull.
    Cast Xuen during pull (and from then on, on cooldown. 3 minutes).
    Flying Serpent Kick to target.
    Tiger palm for Tiger Power buff. Keep this up at all times. 20 second buff that can be refreshed up to 26 seconds. Costs 1 chi.
    Rising Sun Kick on cooldown (8 seconds). Make sure to keep RSK debuff up on target(s). 12 second debuff. Costs 2 chi.

While that buff/debuff is up, priority becomes:
    Touch of Death when target is below 10% health or its health is lower than yours. Costs 3 chi. Coordinate with Fortifying Brew (increases your health by 20%) for a bigger hit if possible.
    Cast Fists of Fury on cooldown. Costs 3 chi. Channeled. If you get interrupted or have to move for a mechanic like petrify, too bad you just missed out on your biggest damage ability. Cast as many times as possible during a fight so make sure you have that 3 chi ready.
    Use Chi Brew to generate Tigereye Brew stacks and gain chi for Serenity.
    Use Serenity on cooldown (makes all abilities cost no chi). Spam Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick for duration (10 seconds). Do not let Tiger Power buff fall off or else you're wasting the free chi having to recast it.
    Spend your Combo Breaker procs (that make your next Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick free. Or makes Chi explosion refund 2 chi).
    Cast Chi Wave on cooldown (or place Zen Spheres on 2 targets. Don't get me started on Zen Spheres). 15 second cooldown. No chi/energy cost.
    Jab (45 energy) to build chi. Try to never fall below 2 chi. Ideally keep 3 chi for FoF. Substitute Expel Harm as chi builder if you're below 90% health or so.
    Blackout Kick to spend 2 chi. If you have Chi Explosion instead of Blackout Kick, use it at 3 chi (as at 3 chi it generates a charge of Tigereye Brew). If you're at 4 chi, cast a Tiger Palm to get down to 3 then Chi Explosion. Tiger Palm + 3 Chi ChiEx is more damage on single target than 4 chi ChiEx.
    Use Touch of Karma to purposefully soak some damage since it deals it back in a DoT form. 1.5 minute cooldown.
    Use Energizing Brew for some hastened energy regen. 1 minute cooldown.

Tigereye Brew usage (increases damage done by 6% per stack up to 10 stacks. Can hold up to 20 stacks. Each 4 chi consumed generates 1 stack. Mastery increases chance to proc double stack generation):
    Use during trinket/ring procs or Tiger Strikes procs regardless of stacks.
    Use available stacks during entirety of bloodlust and potions.
    Use if at 17 stacks or higher.
    With 4 piece tier set, use before Fists of Fury.

Multi-target high health mobs (Maidens, etc) (Be specced into Ascension or Chi Brew + Chi Explosion):

Same pre-cast opener for buff/debuff.
    Cast Storm, Earth and Fire on a second (and third if possible) mob.
    Keep up Tiger Power and Rising Sun Kick (Do not cast RSK on cooldown. Instead only cast when debuff is about to fall off).
    Spend combo breaker procs.
    Cast Fists of Fury.
    Cast Chi Explosion at 4+ chi.
    For some decent "burst" damage coordinate Energizing Brew and Tigereye Brew to pull off a few consecutive 4 chi Chi Explosions.

AoE packs:

Ideally, use Tiger Palm and Rising Sun Kick for buff/debuff.
    Flail around like a wet noodle with Spinning Crane Kick to generate chi.
    Dump chi with 4+ chi explosion if specced into it.
    Use energizing brew so you don't fizzle out after like 5 seconds.
    Preferably have Tigereye Brew going at this time as well.
    Fists of Fury if you have the chi to spare (you don't).

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i spent like 30 minutes writing that out... why. what am i doing with my life.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    You should generate more chi

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I want to try something radical and crazy this thursday.
    Once marak is dead, all the melee should be attacking sorka instead of garan.
    Except Javen, who is on turret duty along with the ranged DPS.

Sorka is a jerk and I hate her sword and her melee attacks and her dumb stupid face.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Just bullet hell it and ignore the turrets

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    feral still runs a real three finisher cycle, right? That was considered tough even back when lots of classes had tougher rotations

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I hate joining pugs that are like "going 10/10HC got heroic and mythic players"

I join and I'm doing twice as much damage as half the raid on fights I really shouldn't. Still got 6/10 but I need 18 more stones for my last tablet.

Hopefully I can get in on some runs tonight or join my guild on their 9/10 clear.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    I want to try something radical and crazy this thursday.
    Once marak is dead, all the melee should be attacking sorka instead of garan.
    Except Javen, who is on turret duty along with the ranged DPS.

Sorka is a jerk and I hate her sword and her melee attacks and her dumb stupid face.

I am taking a different yet adjacent position of "stay on Garan but for God's sake if you can't handle fighting turrets and she's sitting on a turret, just take a damn break and do more stay-alive mechanics".

mkc.png
  • Options
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    If you're going to leave garan up then you're sacrificing people who get targeted by penetrating shot aren't you?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    No people just run around crazypants during phase 2 so no one helps with penetrating shot. If we can not do that anymore it'll be fine.

I agree with Mirren's plan, though

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    wow. there's a 678 Fury warrior on Achindoun (apparently part of our hybrid server??) that posted a 72k DPS on a heroic thorgar kill.

what the what

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    the best part of the Windwalker rotation is when you cast Zen Pilgrimage and talk to the NPC and click Reset Specialization and choose Brewmaster

Best part of being a Monk imo

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    If you're going to leave garan up then you're sacrificing people who get targeted by penetrating shot aren't you?

You can BoP the people with this and negate it. They've two Paladins at least and with clemency that's 4 BoPs in that phase in addition to other abilities.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »

You can BoP the people with this and negate it. They've two Paladins at least and with clemency that's 4 BoPs in that phase in addition to other abilities.

I legit refuse to run clemency if I tank this fight.
    unbreakable spirit is too OP.

Regarding pen shots...
    to put it into perspective, we had an attempt where literally every melee except javen was dead for a solid 2 and a half minutes.
    The remaining 4 DPS, myself, and whatever healers were alive, managed to take out 3 turrets, handle every pen shot with 0 deaths, and eventually kill garan.
    It was at this point that sorka, who had 130% more damage proceeded to 1 shot people with blade dash, and then two shot me... twice.

Garan does very very very little damage all things considered. If we have enough ranged DPS to handle a turret before the next one spawns, there's no reason for melee to go die in fire. And plenty of chances for them to block pen shots.

Jasconius wrote: »
    wow. there's a 678 Fury warrior on Achindoun (apparently part of our hybrid server??) that posted a 72k DPS on a heroic thorgar kill.

what the what

Probably a combination of
    1. bad team
    2. Goes somewhere else on the split

Keep in mind that if your team is worse, you get to do more cleave damage. And if you're the only AoE during splits, it's free cleave all day.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Does Shambler Milk have tanks that are allergic to Ravagers like ours are? Every time our warrior drops one tank just moves away from it so it's just spinning around by its lonesome.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I don't think any of our Warriors run Ravager

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Does Shambler Milk have tanks that are allergic to Ravagers like ours are? Every time our warrior drops one tank just moves away from it so it's just spinning around by its lonesome.

Try using Prismatic Crystal. 30% damage increase for 12 seconds, tank always moves out of it. It's the worst.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    I tend not to move out of things.
    Playing prot paladin, im dropping consecrates every 8 seconds. Unless im traited to have it follow me (not always optimal) I want to keep the bosses stationary even more than you do.

On the other hand, I can and will move out of green heal circles. I do that all the time. You cant stop me. Im not gonna be part of your system.

• Options

The problem with ravager is there's 50 things in BRF that look exactly like ravager and are bad.

Also Ravager is kind of bad. I am of the belief if you really want video game numbers in AOE fights like Thorgar, you are better off with Anger Management so you can have the guaranteed bladestorm/cooldown every single time

Ravager strikes me as only useful on trash.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    They do it with Bladestorm too. Warrior starts twirling like a top and tanks just unanimously go

TIME

TO

MOVE

They did it when I ran Defile too.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    yeah but you can move a bladestorm at least :)

i think one of my favorite things about the warrior classes is that the talents are so easy to assess. "this is the talent that lets you beat the piss out of everything on the screen with impunity".

by comparison, some of the warlock talents be all like:
    2014-dance-of-many.jpg

fuck you, Dance of Many talents

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »

Try using Prismatic Crystal. 30% damage increase for 12 seconds, tank always moves out of it. It's the worst.

I made the mistake of running Crystal in a Blackhand PUG and I swear to god EVERY TIME I dropped it the tank decided now was the time to run 20 yards for no reason at all.

mkc.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

speaking as a tank

we do it on purpose

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm going to pop in tonight if I'm needed but work today has been astonishingly shit garbage and if im not needed I'm going to silently scream into a pillow for either a couple of hours or the rest of my whole life. I haven't decided which yet.

• Options
    crated mythic tectus trinket. oh. god. yes.

• Options
    urd i need u

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    im not gonna be raiding tonight

i'll come on if y'all can't find a replacement, but for sure 100% i'm out next week and probably this sunday (i might come on my shaman, but if we're full on healers I'ma bounce)

• Options
    I'm going to pop in tonight if I'm needed but work today has been astonishingly shit garbage and if im not needed I'm going to silently scream into a pillow for either a couple of hours or the rest of my whole life. I haven't decided which yet.

Im torn between wanting to comfort you.

And wanting to make sure ive successfully pruned out everyone else who might roll against me.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm going to log on just to steal your gloves again then vanish into the night

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I'm going to log on just to steal your gloves again then vanish into the pillow

Fixed

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Yay, Blizzard hired on Olivia Grace

Was hoping she would write for blizzardwatch but this is good news too

• Options
    anyway what i was trying to make clear on vent but idk if i just sounded like i was rambling

wait for the first engineer to cast bomb 3 times, and then kill him immediately and run the bag, and that should be 50% of the heat regulator's health before the second engineer spawns. once the second one comes out, swap to the operator and after it dies, basically repeat that same thing. slowly dps it and let it finish casting bomb 3 times (obviously it will have done a bomb or two while you killed operators, so this actually isn't bad), then immediately kill it and run it's bag. if we do this properly, it should let us kill the heat regulators before the third bellows operator spawns, saving us a ton of mana, and meaning two less engineers and security guards during cleavy time

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't mean this to be snarky at all, but I thought that's what we all thought we were doing in the first place
    Like, last week

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    i never had anyone give a counter for bombs. just, if you get a bomb run it, then kill the engineer. usually we'd kill the first one before the third bomb, and usually we wouldn't focus down the second engineer to get the bag fast enough. the key is really knowing the exact time to burn the second engineer, because i was basically just avoiding them and going for security guards after killing the second operator

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I don't mean this to be snarky at all, but I thought that's what we all thought we were doing in the first place
    Like, last week

No one was ever actually keeping track of bombs.
    like at all.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hell is stealth missions in this game.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I hopped on somewhere after the Oregorger kill, and kept checking the guild news for further updates...

Sorry that it was so frustrating. To be fair, you know there's just some nights where you've got it mentally, you know the fights and you've got the skill... and yet it don't come together. Tonight was a bummer, but next week is a different story.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Well, we haven't killed Blast Furnace at all in heroic yet.

This discussion has been closed.