Options

Warlords of Pigzwolvez [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Shaman totems are fine. Totems are a signature of the class you can't get rid of that.

Besides they're mostly just raid cool downs, you don't keep four up at once anymore.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    There is something truly hilarious in the Guild News feed
    I can't even type it out it's so stupid
    Still good for Mirren though

mkc.png
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »

CsF3rTR.png

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular

I hate you so, so much.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    I tried to mail one to you but the postmaster told me that's not allowed

mkc.png
  • Options
    I dont know how you managed to PuG archimonde.

The only group I could find... First we have 2 disc priests. Then people start bitching about dps on the trash that instantly kills randoms DPS. The raid leader kicks the only mage, and then kicks the highest DPS (Some mythic gear rogue who was doing double the rest of us) because he says "that was silly."

The group literally falls apart before we even pull the boss once.

I am not cut out to be a PuGlord.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Puglyfe ain't easy.

Archimonde groups are sort of tense right now. It's such a time sink that everyone is an inquisitor looking for a reason to doubt their group. ... or so it feels. I was in a group that was cut-throat enough that they kicked the group leader because he was too silent and slow and was having computer issues. Another group cleared trash and then half the group bailed because the group leader was too silent and slow about placing markers. They immediately lost confidence in the group.

The best groups I've had have been "learning groups" who just wanted to see and try the boss. Many phase 4 wipes - some even with single-digit health percentage left on the boss. There's at least a common pursuit to improve rather than loot. That keeps groups together. He's real tough to just walk in, learn and drop though.

I actually have my legendary ring now. Archimonde drops upgrade items for the legendary ring so there's a real incentive to go for him but maaaaaannnnn. It's rough.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Never pug.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    when i was trying to gear up fatloaf i tried to pug some stuff and 99% of the time it was awful.

it reminded me why i raid the way i do. i just want to do stuff with people i like.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    while the affliction buffs are nice nobody cares about pvp burst except the one posting the video

I think my gear might be really bad for affliction right now but I'll have to see

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    while the affliction buffs are nice nobody cares about pvp burst except the one posting the video

I think my gear might be really bad for affliction right now but I'll have to see

a lot of people care about the fact that Warlocks are unimpeachable gods right now

• Options
    Puglyfe ain't easy.

Archimonde groups are sort of tense right now. It's such a time sink that everyone is an inquisitor looking for a reason to doubt their group. ... or so it feels. I was in a group that was cut-throat enough that they kicked the group leader because he was too silent and slow and was having computer issues. Another group cleared trash and then half the group bailed because the group leader was too silent and slow about placing markers. They immediately lost confidence in the group.

The best groups I've had have been "learning groups" who just wanted to see and try the boss. Many phase 4 wipes - some even with single-digit health percentage left on the boss. There's at least a common pursuit to improve rather than loot. That keeps groups together. He's real tough to just walk in, learn and drop though.

I actually have my legendary ring now. Archimonde drops upgrade items for the legendary ring so there's a real incentive to go for him but maaaaaannnnn. It's rough.

Yeah im in more of a learning group now I guess.

we're slamming into the exact same wall that shamblers are at. We get to the massive add spawn phase and shit fell apart. Personally I blame this random mage who had the second shackle and would just not break the bloody thing, so I was stuck not being able to chase after the boss.

or the warlock who literally did not break his shackle ever. He in fact stood completely still with allure, rather than break it. I waved to him over the sea of fire as the group left him behind.

• Options
    If you have the disease and just gotta PUG, late night seems to be the best time

mkc.png
  • Options
    I might try affliction tonight to see how the damage increases are assuming I don't have the worst gear on earth for it

those hotfixes are live right?

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    If you have the disease and just gotta PUG, late night seems to be the best time

Probably. All those hardcore nosleep guys on late.
    But if I wait until night I wont have that chance at the ring before shambler time. And not trying to get my ring before raid is hurting the raid.

• Options
    A second ring would help so much on Kilrogg, Gorefiend, and Socrethar especially. A melee one especially especially

mkc.png
  • Options
    A second ring would help so much on Kilrogg, Gorefiend, and Socrethar especially. A melee one especially especially

We started making it to infernals.
    I say started. Rain of fire has yet to not immediately wipe the raid as soon as it happens. In my Defense im usually inside a void thingie at the time, so I have no idea what you're even meant to do for that beyond "not die."

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah infernals are really the death knell of smaller groups because there's always the same number of adds, and they will always basically wipe the group if they get enough energy. Basically any fight where X number of adds spawn, where X is constant whether you have 10 people or 30, is not going to lead to an equitable challenge.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    If they scale the health enough though it shouldn't be an issue. 10 targets at a tiny health is not unreasonable for 3-4 DPS and a tank to handle in a 10 man group. At least that's true with foes that are CC immune. Larger groups should preform better on Xhul'horac because there's a lot of stunnable and interruptable targets.

Seems to me like the Twisting Nether banish would be more annoying for smaller groups as it's basically Kilrogg 2.0. Unlike Kilrogg it is not a static 3 players. Maybe the Nether is easy enough in ten man that 2-3 players who go in and pop cool-downs can beat it. Who knows. In the 15-20 man pugs Twisting Nether + phase 4 ruins the most because either too few or too many DPS drop down into the Nether. Failure in either group creates a wipe.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    If they scale the health enough though it shouldn't be an issue. 10 targets at a tiny health is not unreasonable for 3-4 DPS and a tank to handle in a 10 man group. At least that's true with foes that are CC immune. Larger groups should preform better on Xhul'horac because there's a lot of stunnable and interruptable targets.

Seems to me like the Twisting Nether banish would be more annoying for smaller groups as it's basically Kilrogg 2.0. Unlike Kilrogg it is not a static 3 players. Maybe the Nether is easy enough in ten man that 2-3 players who go in and pop cool-downs can beat it. Who knows. In the 15-20 man pugs Twisting Nether + phase 4 ruins the most because either too few or too many DPS drop down into the Nether. Failure in either group creates a wipe.

Our 20 man group is sending 5 in. tank, healer, 3 DPS. 2 ranged 1 melee. 1 Ranged is kiting, second range is backup

I dont know how much hp theyve got with smaller groups, but I think if it's minimal you can probably get away with 1 tank 1 dps maybe 1 healer as needed? I dunno, its a shitty place, that orb basically has to be kited. But at the same time if the dude only has like 2 million health you can probably just burst it?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I am going Affliction out of boredom

• Options
    Eeeeey we did it finally.

No tome.
    No loot.
    Bonus roll gold.
    3 hours.

#Puglife

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

a lot of people care about the fact that Warlocks are unimpeachable gods right now

Yeah and that guy in the video is one of the best players in the world.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Is it just me or do warlocks seem to have this status come the end of the last few expansions?

• Options
    he's talking about in pvp though, this really isnt the case in pve but I'm gonna try the affliction buffs tonight

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options

It's not just about DPS throughput. The Infernals are going to disrupt positioning, rotations, cooldown timing, whatever else. In a 10-man group, you have 100% of your DPS just dealing with dragging them apart.
    Add another 10 people and half of them can just tunnel the boss and you're still fine.

mkc.png
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I my have to pug this week if there isn't an F Trooping because I'm a butt fart and couldn't make Tuesday

• Options
    F Troop is on the books, just gotta bully people into showing up for super fun gear times

mkc.png
  • Options
    Socrethar is really fun as prot.

But that one attempt seriously highlights my problem with the class. I got 3 shot because none of those auto's was a block, and I didnt build Holy power fast enough to get a SoTR up before the second one. Im basically 2 non blocked auto's from dead the entire time im tanking the robot. Only SoTR, blocks, and absorbs keep me in the green.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    i dont think any boss hits fast enough that 3 unblocked autos should kill you if you're steadily getting heals...I mean, this isn't Brutallus or Steelbreaker or something.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    the difficulty difference from normal to heroic for the first 3 bosses is not super noticeable, council and gorefiend aren't too bad, but then kilrogg and socrethar are ridiculous. things not being tuned correctly for small raid sizes is such a bummer.

also i have no fucking idea why i keep randomly disconnecting. i don't think it's a network or internet issue because it doesn't happen to anything else. maybe i have a bad addon...

Adus on
  • Options
    kilrogg didnt seem so bad but I dunno how long you guys dealt with him on tues

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Kilrogg was actually going pretty well on Tuesday, people just kept fuckin' up
    Then we started him at 11 people today and WHOOPS now it's super hard

mkc.png
  • Options
    Or I'm talking out my ass and we had 12 people Tuesday too, either way

mkc.png
  • Options
    can't wrap my mind around how warcraft logs ranks Gorefiend. It's based on KRSI but i don't know why it thinks my KRSI is infinity. Robot rightly recognizes that I am a god.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    i dont think any boss hits fast enough that 3 unblocked autos should kill you if you're steadily getting heals...I mean, this isn't Brutallus or Steelbreaker or something.

We pulled Socrethar robot and he died in literally the span of a single global cooldown for me. Rhylith and I both said the same thing at the same time in vent, "What the fuck?"

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I was so fucking bad on on Kilrog.

Missed the vision that both Apron and I missed and then on the kill I was so focused on killing the blood I had dumped way at the back of the room I didn't even notice the vision.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

At -2.09 seconds the boss melees me for 160k, 40k absorbed by sacred shield and avenging shield
    at -1.89 seconds the bosses overwhelming power ticks on me for 19k
    at -1.54 seconds the boss melees me for 50k (Lots of absorbs + my mark of blackrock triggered putting my armor somewhere in the stratosphere)
    at -0.91 seconds the bosses overwhelming power ticks on me for 19k
    at -0.56 seconds the boss melees me for 225k (no absorbs, no block)
    at 0.00 seconds the boss melees me for 19k (overkilled by like 50k or something)

4 melee hits over 2 seconds. With a grand majority of the damage being done by 2 hits in particular. This happened at the very start of the fight. I literally died 3 seconds into it.
    Damage taken: 654,248
    Healing received: 126,886
    Health needed to survive: 527,326
    Amount of blocks: 0
    Block strength: 40%

If I had blocked any of those 4 hits except the third one (at that point a block wouldnt have saved me) I would have lived. At that point I have my 3 HP I can shit my pants, heal up, drop SoTR, pop a lay on hands, something. But basically going from full hp -> dead in 2 seconds because your classes passive tank ability just never activates is pretty much paladin life.

Jasconius wrote: »
    can't wrap my mind around how warcraft logs ranks Gorefiend. It's based on KRSI but i don't know why it thinks my KRSI is infinity. Robot rightly recognizes that I am a god.

Probably something to do with resolve. IIRC its not just a flat measure of average Damage taken per second. It's weighting in your resolve too. So if you took a lot of damage without getting high resolve, or didnt receive big heals during high resolve periods, your KRSI looks trash.

This discussion has been closed.