Options

Lá Fhéile Pádraig, [Paddy's Day]

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    It's a little thin but otherwise not bad.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Pretty much the opposite of me then.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Here anyway, export Guinness is the stronger (8%?) Guinness that's popular in some African countries

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Made a big dinner of corned beef and cabbage. Inviting family over.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

Pretty much the opposite of me then.

And me, if I'm being honest about it.

• Options
    FAQ wrote: »
    Here anyway, export Guinness is the stronger (8%?) Guinness that's popular in some African countries

Looks like it's the same stuff, this is 8 as well.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Langly wrote: »
    Hahaha oh man

OnNPR today there was a story about Obama doing a st. Patrick day thing with some Irish politicians, and the journalist ended with:

Later Obama will give a speech, where he will probably make a joke about how his last name sounds Irish. Which he...often does on st Patrick's day.

And he sounded so annoyed at obamas lame joke, you could tell it was something that killed him a little
    So when does the new conspiracy that Obama was born in Ireland start?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    He was born in Montserrat and is a British spy of course!

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I will

Either go to one of the four possible shows going on tonight around town

OR

Go home and put away laundry and make dinner quietly like a jerk

I can't think of any non-horrifically-depressing/serious Irish movies to watch, though. Darby O'Gill and the Little People? That seems nice and roundly offensive to everyone, right? Or... The Quiet Man?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I don't have any beer.

But I have some jameson left

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Darby O'Gill and the Little People is terrifying.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I will

OR

I can't think of any non-horrifically-depressing/serious Irish movies to watch, though. Darby O'Gill and the Little People? That seems nice and roundly offensive to everyone, right? Or... The Quiet Man?

Waking Ned Devine

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    if you're looking for decent beer in america to celebrate with, this list is approved by at least one proper irish lass

http://deadspin.com/irish-beers-ranked-1542298458

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That is a cute movie.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I plan to get drunk and harass Irish Americans about potatoes and the fuckin boondock saints aka the worst most bad movie ever

• Options
    I plan to get drunk and harass Irish Americans about potatoes and the fuckin boondock saints aka the worst most bad movie ever
    Boondock Saints 2

• Options
    The Secret of Roan Innish
    The Secret of Kells

The best secrets are Irish secrets

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Boondock Saints was alright. It's a fun time

Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day is a mess

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Secret of the Kells is really good.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    "Why yes I'm wearing a green shirt today because I totally knew it was St Patricks day! I will have some of your delicious looking green cake! Thank you very much nom nom nom"

(Dis' lying to a random co-worker he doesn't know - so many irishes 'bout these parts)

Dis' on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    y'know I never have seen leprechaun in the hood

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I have agreed to celebrate by making green cookies with my nephew and nieces, and then watching Brave with them. When I tried to point out that Brave is about a Scottish princess, my nephew successfully rebutted "I'm 5, and I don't care!" That's difficult to argue with, bro.

In ages past, I'd celebrate by joining up with my City of Heroes crew to run missions in the Celtic Mythology themed zone north of the main city. Just a relaxing evening doing karate to goblins and pumpkin monsters, wearing green variants of our super-suits, listening to people on the vent server get progressively more intoxicated.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    y'know I never have seen leprechaun in the hood

Oh crap! You are in for an experience, right there!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I will

OR

Watch the Guard

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Saw a guy in a flat cap, white shirt, and tartan kilt earlier today on campus, and if I should have thought to correct him but I was just far enough away when I walked by that it would've been a bother.

Alas, I'm about as Anglican Protestant English as a native-born American citizen can feasibly be, thanks to short-term family history (My grandma was born and raised in the Blitz and came over during the rationing of the 50s). Not a drop of Irish in me as far as I know. Hell, I've got more Welsh in me.

I put on green this morning by sheer accident

• Options
    I don't own anything good in green to wear.

Also my grandpa on my biological father's side's family was Irish.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I will

OR

Waking Ned Devine

edit: whoops, late!

JoeUser on
  • Options
    I'm not wearing green.

I have tattoos with green in them though.

I think that counts.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    More like SlowUser

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Alas, I'm about as Anglican Protestant English as a native-born American citizen can feasibly be, thanks to short-term family history (My grandma was born and raised in the Blitz and came over during the rationing of the 50s). Not a drop of Irish in me as far as I know. Hell, I've got more Welsh in me.

I put on green this morning by sheer accident

...there's more people of Irish descent in Great Britain than there are in Ireland thanks to a millennium of back and forthing, go back two more generations and you'll probably turn up a few unless the family tree is a bunch of toffs (and even then). Not that it matters though!

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Uriel wrote: »
    I don't own anything good in green to wear.

article-0-1179CE46000005DC-175_468x367.jpg

Peccavi on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I will

OR

Watch the Guard

Agreeing with this post was not enough, so I am quoting it too.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Huh, I never knew about the Orange Order. Some years back my dad told me he had a genealogy report done and his family was Northern Irish and we should wear orange on St. Patrick's Day. I kinda go with it but to some degree I always figured he was full of shit. Cause if there's one trait I got from my dad it's being full of shit.

I'm actually wearing neither green or orange today, and am celebrating currently by watching Chappie and unless it fills up super fast me and some friends are going to a show later.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    If we go by Harry Potter rules for "purity" (i.e. your grandparents dictate your status), I'm three quarters Irish and one quarter Northern Irish. Despite that my grandparents were all born in the same county. Political upheaval!

I'm not a fan of the Orange Order. They make July stressful.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    saw this on the Star Trek facebook page this morning and was kind of dumbfounded

M9xzNna.png

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    saw this on the Star Trek facebook page this morning and was kind of dumbfounded

M9xzNna.png

Colm Meaney is totally Irish, what's dumbfounding?

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Everyone knows that the best thing about today is the music!

https://youtu.be/RZku2REI-Xs
    http://youtu.be/gvIgPl5YE9A
    http://youtu.be/7m5tPzabAyg
    http://youtu.be/_A5CHEmTT5s
    http://youtu.be/GonUTdh7VBI

I sure do love the Dubliners

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Even Geth is getting in the spirit!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm going to sit inside and not give a whit about it. I wore dark green pants by accident today when I was trying for black.

If I don't get the day off I tend not to care much about holidays. Doubly so for this one since I don't drink and while I may have ancestry in the Nolan family my heritage is predominantly Scottish (Davidson) and Russian.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am almost positive the Irish place near me is already jam packed. Probably should have tried going there for lunch because it's going to be nutso now.

A shame since they have pretty good food.

YL9WnCY.png