As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

old d3 thread is old

• Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    If I jump back in to non-season, I've decide I'll go with my fem-sader. I'm just gonna need some help getting some Akkhan's, Leroics, Frydehr's Wrath going on, and possibly chaining some grifts to get my gems leveled. I have a non-ancient BoP with 10% CDR that I can gift already.

All aboard the loot train when you're ready to play on non-season. As a Crusader? Even better.

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I would love to do some uber kills but I'm only available for weekends at night. 10:30 EST Saturdays, 8:30 EST Sundays.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Loot tables are per account.

• Options
    rwextremerwextreme Registered User regular
    Incoming seasonal loot seed conspiracy theory.

:D

RNG is just a strange beast at times.

I probably had a dozen or so gifts and half a stash tab of Unity and SOJ's by around the same paragon I'm at now back in S1. I was playing wizard as my main then so the hunt at that time was for a furnace. I plowed through probably around 1000 rifts and gambled countless shards looking for one. I can't remember exactly when it dropped, shortly before paragon 600 I think and it ended up dropping from a breakable while fighting the skeleton king in search of more rift keys. That's probably a big reason why I had so many gifts drop. Obviously the chance is supposed to be random but I seem to get an awful lot of my gifts from breakables thanks to spamming blizzard everywhere I went.

• Options
    SkyAndPie wrote: »
    rwextreme wrote: »
    Around 570ish paragon into S2 with almost all of that play on WD and SMK is still a myth. Around paragon 500 is when I started to submit to the voices in my head and rolled a 2nd WD justifying that I'd have one as Jade and another as pet. Last night I rolled a 3rd after the voices convinced me that nah, you won't be trying to overcome bad RNG in vain with a new WD again and you'll be able to have the third always ready to roll as zdps. I'm sure that if I get one, it will be like S1 and it will drop a week or so before the end of the season - that's how it went down then, gambled one from Kadala and then no later than 30 minutes after in the same game one dropped off a pack.

If the voices in my head convince me to roll a 4th seasonal WD and justify it because then I could have one always in Helltooth gear... PM me for my address so you can give me a solid beating.

Oh man... That's how I felt when I was playing Witch Doctor on non-seasons. I actually, drum roll please, fell for that one post that PaulNG said there seems to be a "loot table" when you roll a new toon. That thread was full of people going, "OH MAI GAWD, I got 5 SMK and 10 FURNACE by making a new WD, SO TRUTHS." So instead of being reasonably sane person and shrugging off this ludicrous notion of loot tables, I made 3 Witch Doctors just to see if I could replicate SMK drops people seem to go on about.

I finally found one though so I can move on. Not sure if making a new Witch Doctors did anything for it... *Removes tin foil hat*

Yea, I agree that it's all just random chance, sometimes RNG is very good for you for a streak and sometimes you struggle finding even anything you would even use on any current build for a fresh 70 and just get all trash legs. I won't roll a 4th, but it will be nice having 3 WD's available so I don't have to deal with the gear/skill/paragon swap everytime I want to change it up.

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Loot tables are per account.

You are a terrible person.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    One could say that your loot table is

account bound

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Incoming seasonal loot seed conspiracy theory.

:D

RNG is just a strange beast at times.

I probably had a dozen or so gifts and half a stash tab of Unity and SOJ's by around the same paragon I'm at now back in S1. I was playing wizard as my main then so the hunt at that time was for a furnace. I plowed through probably around 1000 rifts and gambled countless shards looking for one. I can't remember exactly when it dropped, shortly before paragon 600 I think and it ended up dropping from a breakable while fighting the skeleton king in search of more rift keys. That's probably a big reason why I had so many gifts drop. Obviously the chance is supposed to be random but I seem to get an awful lot of my gifts from breakables thanks to spamming blizzard everywhere I went.

Ever since you told me about how you got that furnace I break all the pots in that room whenever I do that bounty.

I also try to break all breakables in rifts after seeing you loot 40? 50? Gifts last season.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    I actually had a handful of legendaries from breaking pots solely in the Skeleton King's room. I make it my duty to break everything and flip tables over for loot in Torment 6 too.
    One time not long ago I was in a group Torment 6 and I kid you not, we opened a resplendent chest and 3 legendaries popped out. Not that amazing right? Well we opened another regular chest fairly shortly after on the same map, and 2 legendaries came out. Then AGAIN we opened another chest soon after and a legendary came out.

What to get out of this story? Give Jay Wilson all your money.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Yeah I always like getting a legendary from a random pot or corpse in the environment.

It's like, hey, what is this random dead guy doing with a Blade of Prophecy? And if he had it, why is he dead?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    The great thing about being a multishot demon hunter is I don't even have to try to break things.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    It works that way with the cold cluster arrow too, except even better because the projectiles are seekers and actively open up everything in a massive radius

• Options
    It's like, hey, what is this random dead guy doing with a Blade of Prophecy? And if he had it, why is he dead?

He didn't have the condemn shield, duh.

• Options
    GardhausGardhaus Registered User regular
    Sneakman wrote: »

That random dead guy was me...because I have a sweet BoP and couldn't get a Fry Shield if I sacrificed my first born...

But on another note thanks to @Smoogy @rwextreme and @Sneakman for running me around GRifts all last night. Got all 3 of my sader gems at 25! It was good times and lots of tears.

PSN: Gardhaus Steam: Gardhaus88 aka SsgtFuzzyNipples BattleNet: Gardhaus#1659
  • Options
    Gardhaus wrote: »

That random dead guy was me...because I have a sweet BoP and couldn't get a Fry Shield if I sacrificed my first born...

But on another note thanks to @Smoogy @rwextreme and @Sneakman for running me around GRifts all last night. Got all 3 of my sader gems at 25! It was good times and lots of tears.

:biggrin:

I'll be on most of the night again once my boy heads to bed if you're up for some more grifts and either leveling your gems up higher or leveling some others up to 25, or just spam T6 rifts if you prefer that. We'll get you that shield one way or another, maybe I'll even find the mythical SMK!

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Maybe a silly question but none of the wikis have it explicitly stated, for the legendary gems, do you have to level them and then socket them or can you socket them and continue to level them at your leisure?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Maybe a silly question but none of the wikis have it explicitly stated, for the legendary gems, do you have to level them and then socket them or can you socket them and continue to level them at your leisure?

Exactly - you can put them in a socket at base level and then as you level them up, they'll grow in rank and power!

Time for March Madness...aka less time for Diablo :(

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Daimar wrote: »

You can level them while it's socketed as long as it's either on the toon you're running the grift as or in your stash. Gems socketed (as well as unsocketed) either equipped or in the inventory of another character are "invisible" as far as the game is concerned. This is also why you can get duplicates of some gems when you run grifts.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I don't know why, but I find it so frustrating when you run a Grift above 25 and get 0 legs. It just seems odd that I'm doing something harder than T6 yet get nothing for it except some blood shards.

• Options
    shadowane wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I find it so frustrating when you run a Grift above 25 and get 0 legs. It just seems odd that I'm doing something harder than T6 yet get nothing for it except some blood shards.

the game should at least give you some pity Invoker's pieces

• Options

Very frustrating to say the least. I've had a number of low to mid 30's grifts in the past several nights result in 0 legs, to add insult to injury on a couple of them I was hit with the 3x fails on 70% gems. I've been soul starved lately, enchanting has been giving me nothing but grief on just about everything I try and roll. Started to run some T6 full clears to help try and buildup some souls last night and called it quits after several rifts produced 1 or 2 legs at best after clearing. It's like the RNG gods in every aspect of the game are trying to test my resolve this past week. Maybe it's time to take a break from farming mats/gear for a little while and find some kind people willing to help me farm some mid 40's keys and try to progress further up the solo WD leaderboard.

• Options

Very frustrating to say the least. I've had a number of low to mid 30's grifts in the past several nights result in 0 legs, to add insult to injury on a couple of them I was hit with the 3x fails on 70% gems. I've been soul starved lately, enchanting has been giving me nothing but grief on just about everything I try and roll. Started to run some T6 full clears to help try and buildup some souls last night and called it quits after several rifts produced 1 or 2 legs at best after clearing. It's like the RNG gods in every aspect of the game are trying to test my resolve this past week. Maybe it's time to take a break from farming mats/gear for a little while and find some kind people willing to help me farm some mid 40's keys and try to progress further up the solo WD leaderboard.

Let's find 2 well-geared demon hunters and try to clear GR 50 with your witch doctor and my crusader. I just need to level my gems some more. We can totally do it!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Is it sad the promise of what's on the ptr has killed any interest I had in season 2 play?

Also it didn't help that my play buddy immediately finished his jade set without me and I'm stuck lingering in T3

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Is it sad the promise of what's on the ptr has killed any interest I had in season 2 play?

Also it didn't help that my play buddy immediately finished his jade set without me and I'm stuck lingering in T3

I've been playing WD as my main class this season. If you do get any desire to play on S2 again you're more than welcome to tag along for shards and gear I find.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited March 2015

Let's find 2 well-geared demon hunters and try to clear GR 50 with your witch doctor and my crusader. I just need to level my gems some more. We can totally do it!

I have a long way to go with my gems, but mostly it's not a matter of gear with me...it's the fact that I just don't pay attention enough and die too much, haha. Also, that I need a Witching Hour with more than 37% CD...

But I'm always down for the GRifts! Once I get some more trial keys anyway.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options

Sounds good to me, I'll have to spend a little bit more time grinding out souls to make a few improvements to my zdps gear. It's all there, just need to get a few more optimal rolls.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Just saw a video of mannercookie clearing a 4 player lvl 68 grift on ptr

Consistently hitting for billions and they still just barely made it :eek:

edit - 2 barbs if you couldn't guess, insane right now

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    What a surprise.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    As the 2.2.0 PTR comes to a close, we know you've probably got plenty of questions about what the next patch and season have to offer. Well, good news everyone! To answer your questions and more, we'll be hosting a live Q&A next week onTwitch!
    As the 2.2.0 PTR comes to a close

auugh god that quote is so worrisome

There's still so much messiness on the PTR and still SO much they need to iron out.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

naph why dont you play with me whyyyyyy

• Options
    Roz wrote: »

naph why dont you play with me whyyyyyy

bearly, you say

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    As the 2.2.0 PTR comes to a close, we know you've probably got plenty of questions about what the next patch and season have to offer. Well, good news everyone! To answer your questions and more, we'll be hosting a live Q&A next week onTwitch!
    As the 2.2.0 PTR comes to a close

auugh god that quote is so worrisome

There's still so much messiness on the PTR and still SO much they need to iron out.

Yup. They still didn't take out the old code for Immortal King's after how many PTR resets? 2? 3? Apparently the code is giving Barbarians an additional 500% damage on top of the set bonus than its suppose to... It's also disheartening to see that Witch Doctors and Crusaders are poop tier in PTR. Crusaders being the most poopish by one or two greater rifts.

I remember watching the last Tavern Talk and it was full of so much stage talk. Even though they said that none of the questions were cherry picked, they sure do seem like it.

• Options
    yeah uh

ptr totally still needs work, what the hell is going on

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    maybe in the SDLC, they consider not adding anything new, and focusing on the fixing/polish the start of the wind down of their patch cycle?

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    If the ptr patch needs too much work, I could see them taking it down and doing a full rework on stuff then bringing it back up again

At some point, your feedback just becomes about the same stuff until a new patch drops, and it might be pointless to keep the severs going if a new patch is just going to take too long to develop.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I can see them dropping a Quality of Life patch relatively quickly. But the balance around stuff like the new Obsidian Ring or the retroactive set changes are so far from being finished it's laughable...

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    ptr 2.2 review, meeting minutes:

"Not enough players are making barbarians, and their set changes aren't doing enough to fix that."

"Ya, while excitement for monks continues to rise!"

"Ok, now hear me out. Make raiment useless, then we take barb damage... and we quintuple it."

"What about the high damage of demon hunters? They still want to use M6."

"Nerf 0dogs."

"But then... everyone will play barb..."

"Ship it"

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Diablo 3 just doesn't feel like Diablo 3 unless Barbarians and Wizards are better than every other class.

They're just going back to their roots.

• Options
    Roland's Set Tweaks
    John Yang hinted at his twitter that we might see buffs for the Roland's Set that benefit Sweep Attack. Maybe on the next PTR build, and hopefully all these set changes make the underused sets more competitive on Patch 2.2.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Twitter)
    @walkintall93 Roland's with Sweep Attack improvements are coming. We definitely want Sweep Attack to be more viable like Shield Bash.

So maybe one more set of tweaks?

• Options
    Walt wrote: »
    Diablo 3 just doesn't feel like Diablo 3 unless Barbarians and Wizards are better than every other class.

They're just going back to their roots.

except with the current ptr changes wizards are still behind barbs, monks and DHs?

This discussion has been closed.