As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

old d3 thread is old

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Even with the IK 6-piece nerf, and the IK weapon CotA damage nerf, MannerCookie was still critting for 400-600M with Seismic Slam in GR 64 and I still saw some 1B crits in there. Still better damage than I've ever done with my Barbarian, so this will still seem like a huge buff to me.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    also @SkyAndPie what is the "omnislash" belt

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Biggest nerf of this patch;

nYrimHV.jpg

It's a really bad photoshop copy and paste too, lol

quote for botp

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Boulder breaker dropped from 50-100% down to 45-60%

Jade/Zuni buffed to bigger numbers i guess, poster didn't specify

and another had this to say about 1k storms, "Dat 2p 300% generator dmg and dat 6p raiment damage, 12,500%"
    Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac now only procs if your resource-spending attacks hits a target.

Blood Brother buffed from 20% to 30%, unlikely that it would make anyone pick it over other weapons.

I don't care how "good" they make the numbers for the 1k Storms set. The 4/6 pieces bonuses are terrible and I don't want to play as a fucking ferret on crack.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    these zuni buffs are so silly

like it makes it pointless to play any non 6pc spec, but that also makes most of the new items they've added worthless since you can't use them with zunis

also what:
    Fetish Army: Each Fetish deals 680% (up from 250%) weapon damage as Cold to any nearby enemy as it is summoned.

really blizzard that is the skill you are choosing to buff

I can kind of see why they would buff that particular rune. It seems like that rune was meant to cure the lack of AOE. What confuses me though is WTF, why would they make it a Cold rune when clearly all the good Fetish runes are Physical?

Now I have a question about the Cold Fetish rune:
    Each Fetish deals 680% weapon damage as Cold to any nearby enemy as it is summoned.

Does that mean it's a one time 680% weapon damage when it's summoned or a duration of the summoning? Because of its the former, that's a load of baloney.

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    New Item: Each enemy hit by your Sweep Attack increases the damage of your next Sweep Attack by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}, stacking up to 5 times.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The In-Geom change makes sense if you use it for short cooldown abilities (so monks, and maybe barbs). Giving it a longer duration would be nice, though. Otherwise you'll never use it in a Grift.

• Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular

like it makes it pointless to play any non 6pc spec, but that also makes most of the new items they've added worthless since you can't use them with zunis

also what:
    Fetish Army: Each Fetish deals 680% (up from 250%) weapon damage as Cold to any nearby enemy as it is summoned.

Is that a huge deal though? I'm reading it as a burst when they are summoned, not the damage they themselves do.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »

also what:

I can kind of see why they would buff that particular rune. It seems like that rune was meant to cure the lack of AOE. What confuses me though is WTF, why would they make it a Cold rune when clearly all the good Fetish runes are Physical?

Now I have a question about the Cold Fetish rune:
    Each Fetish deals 680% weapon damage as Cold to any nearby enemy as it is summoned.

Does that mean it's a one time 680% weapon damage when it's summoned or a duration of the summoning? Because of its the former, that's a load of baloney.

It's one-time damage on summon. So you have a 680% x 5 nuke, but you lose three fetishes. You could likely get it every 4-5 seconds with a full FS and FA stack and some CDR, but even then it's barely worth it and still in the wrong element.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I guess maybe they're trying to offer a cold pet build with the new dog rune?

They should have Fetish Sycophants take on your highest element.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    New Item: Each enemy hit by your Sweep Attack increases the damage of your next Sweep Attack by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}, stacking up to 5 times.

I'm VERY interested in this item. I've honestly never even tried half of the crusader abilities because some were just seemed terrible. I suppose this weapon + theoretical roland's changes could be quite awesome.

• Options

It would need to be by a lot of [insert an arbitrary number] percent to make Sweep Attack good. Roland still has toughness and Wrath management issues. If I'm wrath starved in Torment 6 then it's just not going to work on higher greater rifts. I'm just speaking from my experience though. I have yet to upgrade those 2 new legendary gems that help with toughness but Wrath is still a really limiting factor in this set and once you're out of wrath, you're out of defense. It's not even like super amazing burst damage either like a Demon Hunter and they can stay behind a wall the entire time. No one will use 6 piece. It's poop.
    Naphtali wrote: »
    also @SkyAndPie what is the "omnislash" belt

The Omnislash belt makes it so that Slash is a 360 degree primary attack.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Biggest nerf of this patch;

nYrimHV.jpg

It's a really bad photoshop copy and paste too, lol

Wow that somehow looks both better and worse.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18061643

Official patch notes updated.
    Fetish Sycophants damage is now increased by your highest elemental damage type at the time of summoning
    Whoaaaa.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Nice!!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Blizzard you uh

You seem.to have completely.missed the problem with that outfit in the first place

• Options
    Denial
    Legendary Power added
    Each enemy hit by your Sweep Attack increases the damage of your next Sweep Attack by 30-40%, stacking up to 5 times

So glad the new Sweep Attack legendary is a shield. Was worried it's going to be another Blade of Prophecy, another endless search. Now it makes perfect sense to pair it with Golden Flense. Yay! Now to see if the % damage increase is worth it.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I'm excited by these changes! I wonder if Nat's/Rain of Vengeance will be viable now...

Huge changes to Firebirds.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    I keep starting a greater rift on PTR but roughly half way my game just stalls and I have to force quit. Sigh... Was so excited to try the new Denial.

• Options
    Denial
    Legendary Power added
    Each enemy hit by your Sweep Attack increases the damage of your next Sweep Attack by 30-40%, stacking up to 5 times

So glad the new Sweep Attack legendary is a shield. Was worried it's going to be another Blade of Prophecy, another endless search. Now it makes perfect sense to pair it with Golden Flense. Yay! Now to see if the % damage increase is worth it.

Golden Flense got buffed too!
    Golden Flense
    Wrath per enemy hit increased from 3-4 to 4-6

Now if only they'd replace the Cold rune on Sweep Attack with something else.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Denial
    Legendary Power added

Golden Flense got buffed too!
    Golden Flense
    Wrath per enemy hit increased from 3-4 to 4-6

Now if only they'd replace the Cold rune on Sweep Attack with something else.
    They need to do something with Golden Flense for single target. It could be all the way down to one wrath per enemy hit and large groups are fine for T6 and grifts, but it's still full to empty stupidly fast on bosses.

Not sure how they're going to get that balance though, because if I'm not whipping at a speed only the finest meth and cocaine binge can produce then what's the point.

• Options
    I haven't had the chance to actually do the condemn build yet but I really do like holy shotgun, even if it's not top tier damage anymore it's still really fun.

• Options
    Blizzard keeps tripping itself over with the 2 piece bonus and 6 piece bonus for Roland's Legacy. Yes, we get it that you want us to use a Primary to get the Wrath flowing. First off Crusader primaries are horrible at generating wrath and have bad % damage. 100% APS on full stack is not going to fix it. Neither will 20,000% APS simply because it'll only serve to drain Wrath even faster and there you have the catch 22.

I don't like Condemn play style that much but that only requires one button to mash and the occasional button for Akkarat's Champion. Roland's Legacy requires a crapton of button mashing (Law, Consecration, Iron Skin cycling constantly). If any of those defensive laws goes off, you're a goner. It's too much micromanagement and it reminds me of Sunwuko before 2.1.2. Also remember how much we LOVED that.
    Column wrote: »

They need to do something with Golden Flense for single target. It could be all the way down to one wrath per enemy hit and large groups are fine for T6 and grifts, but it's still full to empty stupidly fast on bosses.

Not sure how they're going to get that balance though, because if I'm not whipping at a speed only the finest meth and cocaine binge can produce then what's the point.

I think the Sweep Attack and Golden Flense is a fair trade off. You have one build doing great single target (Shield Bash) and Sweep Attack should theoretically be best for AOE. If Sweep Attack were to gain the single target advantage, then you can just forgo Shield Bash. But I don't wanna be the "anti-fun" person here. Just make Sweep Attack + Shield Bash together, k thanks Blizzard! :D

• Options
    Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare

Now rolls +20-25% Meteor damage as a fifth primary affix

Well, uh, ok. I feel like anyone using Tal's is going to want the meteor staff anyway, but this is nice for sparker + Tal's, if they ever fix Hydra to gain benefit from Tal's 6pc.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Blizzard wrote:
    Season 2 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
    North America: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. CET
    Asia: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. KST
    Season 3 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:
    North America: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. CET
    Asia: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. KST

That's a lot shorter than I was expecting given how long season 1 lasted. That probably means 2.2 drops on Tuesday the 7th?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Yay! Time to level up a new 70 to get dem transmogs

• Options
    Woohoo, yay for unifying our clan again, at least for a while.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Since Season 3 starts April 10, unified for 5 days :D

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    I sure as hell won't be doing a season again. Especially since this one doesn't have much incentive.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Blizzard wrote:
    Season 2 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
    North America: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. CET
    Asia: Sunday, April 5 @ 9:00 p.m. KST
    Season 3 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:
    North America: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. PDT
    Europe: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. CET
    Asia: Friday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m. KST

That's a lot shorter than I was expecting given how long season 1 lasted. That probably means 2.2 drops on Tuesday the 7th?

Good to hear it's a short season, at least.

I'm still not all that keen on Season 3, but I am glad they aren't making the same mistake as Season 1.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    That is a really quick turnaround, dang

I need to get a seasonal character to 70 here before too long. Maybe tomorrow after work.

• Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    Not doing seasons this time around. Fuck that noise.
    Also I am dying and I should be sleep already.
    At least I got that immortal follower relic + double Unity (albeit one of them is 62 but who cares) today. Huzzah!

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Thanks to Kadala, I've gotten the full set of Marauder's gear on my seasonal Demon Hunter. May not be top tier gear, but I can happily murder my way through T4 without breaking a sweat, which is better than I've been doing with my other characters.

Next up, try to talk her into giving me a rucksack while I'm crafting some Reaper Wraps...

Then maybe Cain will see fit to give me a RRoG. Seriously, Cain, you've given me a dozen of the god forsaken braces, I don't need any more. Give me the damned ring.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    They've said they want seasons to begin and end with patches for the most part, so the short season is probably a consequence of starting the last one with a relatively minor patch before 2.2.

If repeating the leveling process is what you're worried about though, getting powerleveled is stupidly easy if you're willing to wait a week or so.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Gonna go monk or WD for season 3, I think.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Guess I should go cap shards on the seasonal toon, so I can do a huge spending spree because I doubt I'll have a decent fry's shield by then. Also really annoying they keep rolling with spenders that aren't condemn.

Not sure what, I'll do for S3. Maybe I'll dice roll that, not even sure if I'll do more than lvl it to 70 or bother getting the new gem to 25.

• Options
    Yeah I don't think I'll be doing Season 3 this time around either. I'll level a guy up to 70 just for the transmogs, but that's it. I'll be too occupied with all the new crap in 2.2 to want to start all over again.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I'm back from doing Army stuff and realized all of the friends are playing Diabro 3 again (yay!), which gives me renewed vigor to play it. I quit last summer before the major rift patches and the season additions. Overall questions are...

What are the major changes to the game? Is it still rift farm, blood shards = Kadala?

How were Wizards and Barbarians affected by the patches? Before my Wizard was a beast and my Barbarian was a victim of circumstance. Has things changed?

Last year I was running a Conflag/MM w/ Mirrorball Wizard. Is this build still viable?

What changes could I do to my Wizard today to make it more suitable for being in the closet in the long run? (Profile)

What's the PA Guild Again? I got g kicked for inactivity. :(

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    Waffen wrote: »
    I'm back from doing Army stuff and realized all of the friends are playing Diabro 3 again (yay!), which gives me renewed vigor to play it. I quit last summer before the major rift patches and the season additions. Overall questions are...

What are the major changes to the game? Is it still rift farm, blood shards = Kadala?
    More or less, but now Greater Rifts exist as well. Normal Rift Guardians have a chance to drop Trial Keys (higher chance with higher torment), use Trial Keys to enter a Trial Rift (think Cursed Shrines/Chests, where you fight wave after wave of mobs), get a Greater Rift Key according to how many waves you get through. GRs are more or less normal Rifts, but on a timer. Mobs don't drop loot, so just blast your way through everything. Once the progress bar fills up, fight the GR Rift Guardian. THEN you get a giant loot-splosion.

GRs also drop Legendary Gems at the very end. These are SUPER POWERFUL and you definitely want to slot them. They can only go in Rings and Amulets, meaning you want Int/CC/CHD/Socket as ideal stats. Rings are a bit different, considering the trifecta of Rings (RoRG, Unity, SoJ) roll with set stats. Some semi-indepth min/max-y stuff below:
    RoRG always rolls IAS/LPH, so roll off LPH to Socket, or something else if it already had a Socket. Unity always rolls Main Stat, Elite Damage, Crit Chance. So roll the 4th stat off to Socket if it's junky, or roll off Main Stat to Socket if the 4th stat is good (CHD, for example). SoJ always rolls Main Stat, Elite Damage, Elemental Damage, so same rules apply as Unity. Roll off 4th stat if junky, otherwise roll off main stat.
    But otherwise, aim for Int/CC/CHD/Socket.
    How were Wizards and Barbarians affected by the patches? Before my Wizard was a beast and my Barbarian was a victim of circumstance. Has things changed?
    Kind of the opposite, now. Wizards had a crowning moment in the sun right when 2.1 launched with the Firebird changes, only to be thrown to the wolves once more when 2.1.2 came out. Okay, maybe it's not THAT drastic. They're not in a great spot, though.

Barbs are extremely strong now in 2.1.2 thanks to Raekor changes, and should continue to be strong in 2.2 as well.
    Last year I was running a Conflag/MM w/ Mirrorball Wizard. Is this build still viable?
    Ehhh, not exactly. You can still probably do T6 just fine, but you probably won't get very high in Greater Rifts with it. Main build is now Apocalypse (Blizzard w/Fire Rune) and Mammoth Hydra with Firebird set. Toss down Apoc, toss down Hydra, kite kite kite. It's boring. Build, if you're interested: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lQiNOS!Zhdb!YZcYcZ
    What changes could I do to my Wizard today to make it more suitable for being in the closet in the long run? (Profile)
    Step 1: Get the Firebird set. It's currently the only viable set, although soon to change with 2.2 on the horizon.
    Step 2: Start running Greater Rifts and get Legendary Gems. Firebird Wizards want Bane of the Trapped, Zei's Stone of Vengeance, and Gem of Efficacious Toxin.
    Step 3: Get a better weapon. 2hs are basically better than 1hs now, so aim for maybe a Maximus or something. You can also try to craft an Ancient Devastator, which pairs nicely with the Firebird offhand.

Oh, and speaking of, Ancient Legendaries are a thing now. These are Legendary items with a gold border that have higher base stats than normal Legendaries. They're somewhat uncommon but not TOO uncommon. And any craftable Legendary has a chance to be Ancient.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Welcome back @Waffen! The community is "PAF" and the guild is The Merch Hungers (TMH). Poke @SkyandPie ir @HexDex if you need an invite.

The community is thriving, always plenty of folks on to play with

This discussion has been closed.