Options

Everything Dies, [Superhero Thread]

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Apparently Whedon has said there is no post credits scene in AoU

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm going to go out on a limb here

And say that is a lie

He is a liar

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I just

I cant image how that art style takes this long

Aja you are drawing characters in flat colors

Webcomic people do that and release daily

is Aja the colorist on the book, too??

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What the hell, David
    What are you doing with your time
    Are you even working on anything else now? Fuck you

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I just

I cant image how that art style takes this long

Aja you are drawing characters in flat colors

Webcomic people do that and release daily

Again. Look at his layout process work. Shit is intense.

Also, I imagine he does the same thing as Mignola where he fully details and renders them, then simplifies them. Makes you more effective at finding the most sort of iconic look in a graphic style. Less lines =/= less work.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What the hell, David
    What are you doing with your time
    Are you even working on anything else now? Fuck you

sandwhiches

makin em

eatin em

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I imagine Marvel pretty much has given him free reign on getting the book done.

They care about the volumes now. Not the issues.

And I bet Aja is drawing the heck out of it. Give any artist more time and generally the book will be better for it.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    okay, the August 9th release date may have been Tom Brevoort trolling people who keep bugging him about it, but an actual date is apparently impossible to find

google search points to a previewsworld page for updates/changes to comic release dates, but Hawkeye isn't in that list, and I found a reddit thread saying it was delayed from next week to June 10th, but it links to that same previewsworld page which has apparently been updated since. Another site says next week as well, but when I look at the release schedule for next week on previewsworld (which is where basically everyone refers to for this stuff), Hawkeye definitely isn't on there.

Hawkeye #22 is of course not listed on Marvel's site at all.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the last issue of the aja hawkeye is gonna turn out to be the finale of the current all new ongoing, vis time travel shenanigans

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    166.jpg
    UD2MiCS.jpg?1

Someone puts these out every work day, and has had only one delay of 2 weeks in a year

They color, draw, and write the story alone

I get that Aja is doing stuff with with layout, but there are comics that have copied that since that have out out entire arcs between him finishing issues

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    166.jpg
    UD2MiCS.jpg?1

Someone puts these out every work day, and has had only one delay of 2 weeks in a year

They color, draw, and write the story alone

I get that Aja is doing stuff with with layout, but there are comics that have copied that since that have out out entire arcs between him finishing issues

I think trying to compare two artists processes when you aren't either of those people is a highly presumptive process

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Copying is far, far easier than designing, as has been pointed out before.

That's not to say there isn't necessarily more to it, Aja may have other issues that are slowing his work that we don't know and that may not be any of our business. Why he's taking so long is really between him, the rest of Team Hawkeye, and Marvel.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not going to go "So and so manages to do this at this time" (Except for Soule who writes like 6 books and is a practicing attorney..how?!) but damn Aja, just finish already!

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I think the reason Aja is so slow is that he can only draw one panel while under the effects of a Full Blood Moon.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

And say that is a lie

He is a liar

To clarify, there IS the scene that comes up shortly after the credits start but there is nothing after all the credits roll

• Options
    I get that. I really do.

But you are also dealing with a comic that is requiring new sets of iconography to be developed. Whether how a dog sees or how to display sign language in comics. That shit takes development off and on the page.

Dude's not sitting around eating cheetos in an attempt not to give you his book. Likely not anyways.

But I'd wager Marvel is giving him as much time as he needs and he's taken them up on it. I'd rather see this book end on an artist's terms than a deadline's. And apparently so does Marvel.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I really hope that what is slowing Aja down is some unavoidable personal issues. Like, medical issues or something. Maybe he has a sick parent or something he has to take care of.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Maybe he's very good and very nice so he doesn't have to be very fast.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Was it solicited as a regular size issues? A finale for such a high profile book usually gets extra pages to work with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I thinks it just that hawkeye was the second book I ever bought

And I have had like 20 series start and end in that time

Its my new half life 3, where I just desperatly need a conclusion

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I really hope that what is slowing Aja down is some unavoidable personal issues. Like, medical issues or something. Maybe he has a sick parent or something he has to take care of.

man, CD. It's one thing to be annoyed at the delays on the book, but I don't wish his illness on the guy's parents over it. Harsh.

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    I get that. I really do.

But you are also dealing with a comic that is requiring new sets of iconography to be developed. Whether how a dog sees or how to display sign language in comics. That shit takes development off and on the page.

Dude's not sitting around eating cheetos in an attempt not to give you his book. Likely not anyways.

But I'd wager Marvel is giving him as much time as he needs and he's taken them up on it. I'd rather see this book end on an artist's terms than a deadline's. And apparently so does Marvel.

The reasons are irrelevant, its an unacceptable schedule for a monthly book

I just think speculating on the actual reasons and trying to go "well this person gets itdone in x" is a bit too far

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

And say that is a lie

He is a liar

To clarify, there IS the scene that comes up shortly after the credits start but there is nothing after all the credits roll

This was the case with the "international" release of the last Avengers so that makes it a little more believable.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Was it solicited as a regular size issues? A finale for such a high profile book usually gets extra pages to work with.

It's oversized and $5

• Options
    I get that. I really do.

I just think speculating on the actual reasons and trying to go "well this person gets itdone in x" is a bit too far

except whether or not it's acceptable isn't really your call, as you're not his employer, the people who pay him to do it are okay with how long he's taking.

Where you come in is deciding whether or not you're willing to pay them.

I do agree with you about speculating/comparing, in part because of the above statements - it's not really our business unless he or Marvel choose to make it our business. Our only say on the matter is whether we buy the book when it does eventually come out.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    We know that the Flash is very fast, and that means that he is either very good or very nice, but not both.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I get that. I really do.

except whether or not it's acceptable isn't really your call, as you're not his employer, the people who pay him to do it are okay with how long he's taking.

Where you come in is deciding whether or not you're willing to pay them.

I do agree with you about speculating/comparing, in part because of the above statements - it's not really our business unless he or Marvel choose to make it our business. Our only say on the matter is whether we buy the book when it does eventually come out.

I'm a consumer

the delay is unacceptable to me, the consumer

I'm not saying that he should be fired, but I'm not buying any books hes on

where my money goes is 100% my call

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Shrug. I'm gunna enjoy the heck out of these books uninterrupted and perfected in one big nice hardcover.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I just want my Hawkeye omnibus.

And a Thor omnibus while I'm at it. Both of those side by side on my bookshelf would be nice.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Kevin Fiege says that Captain Marvel is not in Age of Ultron at all, but that there are a few surprise appearances including one female character who isn't a "big deal" but is "a good character."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

And say that is a lie

He is a liar

This was the case with the "international" release of the last Avengers so that makes it a little more believable.

And the response to that lack of credits scene was so significant that they added one in afterwards. They'd be crazy to make that mistake again.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

And say that is a lie

He is a liar

And the response to that lack of credits scene was so significant that they added one in afterwards. They'd be crazy to make that mistake again.

Yup, but I can see them shooting something quick/putting an extra one in for America just like last time as well. Still, we get it a week earlier so...eh?

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options

And say that is a lie

He is a liar

Wait what

That isn't what happened, they added the post-credit Shawarma thing just for fun, Thanos was totally in the European cut

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

And say that is a lie

He is a liar

Wait what

That isn't what happened, they added the post-credit Shawarma thing just for fun, Thanos was totally in the European cut

That's what I mean. People were complaining there wasn't a post-credits scene (Thanos was an in-credits scene), so they added the Schwarma thing in response. It wouldn't be there if people hadn't made a deal of it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

And say that is a lie

He is a liar

Wait what

That's what I mean. People were complaining there wasn't a post-credits scene (Thanos was an in-credits scene), so they added the Schwarma thing in response. It wouldn't be there if people hadn't made a deal of it.
    I never heard this at all? From what I recall it was just a goofy fun thing Whedon did cause he wanted to. I don't recall any sort of huge backlash over there only being the Thanos scene

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

And say that is a lie

He is a liar

Wait what

I never heard this at all? From what I recall it was just a goofy fun thing Whedon did cause he wanted to. I don't recall any sort of huge backlash over there only being the Thanos scene

Maybe that was how it went down. I definitely remember seeing people say they added it due to response, but I suppose that could easily be media spin.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    The shawarma thing was definitely shot way after the fact though, cause I know Chris Evans has talked about how they had to hide the beard he'd grown since the end of shooting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    This is literally the first time I've heard of any outrage, manufactured or otherwise

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    The only after credits scene I remember people getting mad about was Iron Man 3 cause it was just a goofy fun thing and not a tease for a future thing

Which I didn't agree with but can understand

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I think outrage is a little strong. I know I remember being disappointed that there was nothing at the end of the credits after all that training from the previous films. I would expect a Next Movie mid credits and a Joke at the end now.

7qmGNt5.png
This discussion has been closed.