As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Zombie: Back Tonight? Sure Final Season?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    CW ordered 6 more episodes for a 19 episode season 2 total.

I'm generally a fan of shorter seasons and don't mind limited series, but only 19 episodes seems a little odd. I hope they're not just ordering six episodes to wrap up loose ends and end the series.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever heard of a show getting more episodes to cancel it. Probably they expected to replace zombie with Legends of Tomorrow (pairing with Flash) but seeing as it does solid ratings they kept it where its at and so they needed more eps to fill the space?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://www.avclub.com/article/cw-orders-more-episodes-crazy-ex-girlfriend-and-iz-228870

AV club also makes it sound like a good thing plus my girl RB got some more eps as well so CW is in a giving mood I guess.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    You know who I just realized basically HAS to make an appearance on iZombie eventually? Mark Pellegrino. I mean, we already have David Anders, so why not go for the other half of the I'm In Every Genre Show Ever team?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

I'm generally a fan of shorter seasons and don't mind limited series, but only 19 episodes seems a little odd. I hope they're not just ordering six episodes to wrap up loose ends and end the series.

13 + 6 is a thing that happens with some frequency. Ordering 9 for the traditional 22 at this point I think makes things hard on the staff.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

13 + 6 is a thing that happens with some frequency. Ordering 9 for the traditional 22 at this point I think makes things hard on the staff.

Fair enough. Just get a little worried when they recently hit a series low in ratings and execs might start to get itchy trigger fingers.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever heard of a show getting more episodes to cancel it.

Yeah, I mean I've heard of a show getting more episodes to wrap it up after it got cancelled; i.e. Jericho. And that ridiculously obvious one that got a movie a decade back jesus aitch christ has it been that long oh emm gee.

Hopefully it doesn't fuck up the story arc. Given how well-paced season one of iZombie was, and the way things seem to be progressing at a similar rate this time around, do you bolt more stuff on or stretch out the originally-planned arc? Or both? I have faith that they'll pull it off, but it's still a concern.

• Options
    If you read the AV club link they were asked for scripts back in october, so these aren't entirely new eps. These are eps both shows got to plan for, they just didn't know if they'd get them.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    That's good, ta for that. I hadn't checked the link out, no.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    So, while iZombie doesn't seem to be available as a European DVD or Blu-ray, while it isn't available on Netflix in this country, and while UK channels don't seem to be showing it... I yesterday found that a French channel was just about to start broadcasting it, in English as well as in French. Okay, that adds yet another series to the ten or twelve we've recorded that are waiting to be watched, and that's not even mentioning all the box gathering dust on the shelf, but still - yay!

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    So many pretty people on this show. I loved ravi's a "Second longer than creepy." Shame about his try hard girlfriend, but my lord woman you're like a "I watched some tv shows about british people" bad at what you were going for.

I get the feeling the show expected me to side with Ravi and think that his girlfriend was being ridiculous, but I just felt like he was being a huge jerk. If your partner is doing something that you're not happy about, especially if it's something that they think you want, the correct answer is to bring it up with them and deal with it, not silently resent them until you snap and end the whole relationship.

• Options
    Cantide wrote: »
    So many pretty people on this show. I loved ravi's a "Second longer than creepy." Shame about his try hard girlfriend, but my lord woman you're like a "I watched some tv shows about british people" bad at what you were going for.

I get the feeling the show expected me to side with Ravi and think that his girlfriend was being ridiculous, but I just felt like he was being a huge jerk. If your partner is doing something that you're not happy about, especially if it's something that they think you want, the correct answer is to bring it up with them and deal with it, not silently resent them until you snap and end the whole relationship.

Well yeah that's the rational thing that you're supposed to do. But Ravi did the totally seattle thing of not bringing it up until it was a huge issue...

It's called the Seattle freeze for a reason.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

i dunno about that. She called him out on being a douche by waiting until the morning after to break up, and I was feeling her on that.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    So I binge watched Season 1 on Netflix only to find Hulu still does that bullshit expiring episode thing so they don't have episodes one and two of Season 2. Guess I'll have to wait for it to finish and be on Netflix?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    So I binge watched Season 1 on Netflix only to find Hulu still does that bullshit expiring episode thing so they don't have episodes one and two of Season 2. Guess I'll have to wait for it to finish and be on Netflix?

Or spend a few bucks and buy the two from Amazon/iTunes/Google Play.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Eh, maybe. I don't feel like spending money because of whatever stupid policy causes them to retire episodes mid season.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Eh, maybe. I don't feel like spending money because of whatever stupid policy causes them to retire episodes mid season.

Well they're suggesting you buy it from not-Hulu so Hulu's policy isn't really working for Hulu.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Yeah, I know. 3 dollars or whatever for HD versions isn't something I can justify. I just got my wisdom teeth removed so I have a $450 charge that is taking precedent. :b

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

Well they're suggesting you buy it from not-Hulu so Hulu's policy isn't really working for Hulu.

I think these policies come from the networks, who maybe prefer for you to go buy an episode on Amazon. Or watch it live, you filthy netizen.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

FWIW this is how I ended up catching the first season and it was up fairly quick after the finale.

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

i dunno about that. She called him out on being a douche by waiting until the morning after to break up, and I was feeling her on that.

True. I guess it was just the preceding scene that annoyed me, where's he's chugging the beer and the atmosphere seems to be "wow, what a crazy girlfriend, right? Poor Ravi!" with no indication that he's in the wrong too for not speaking up.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the scene where she calls him out for waiting until the morning after bugs me a little too, because there's still the implicit statement that her behavior did merit a breakup, and that Ravi's only error was holding off for another chance to have sex with her. I really wish she'd said something like "If you didn't like what I was doing last night, why didn't you just say so?"

To be clear, what she was doing was wrong, if only for remaining oblivious to his obvious negative reaction, but it's all just such petty nonsense to end a relationship over. The show's done a good job dealing with the complicated hurdles between Liv and Major, so it's disappointing to see Seinfeld-esque stuff trotted out here.

Cantide on
  • Options
    Nah on the dubs if someone is a crazy girlfriend they break out into song about being a good person while threatening to kill everyone in a diner.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I felt I was being roped into taking Ravi's side intentionally, so it was juicier when Peyton turned him down and we all realized that yeah, all of that was rather immature.

The show was indulging in relationship drama, but also toying a bit with CW relationship drama? Not unlike Major and CW secrets drama, on a smaller scale?

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    So at the end of last nights ep I was all "NO LIV BAD LIV BAD!!!!" And the thing is its not like what Rita was doing cast any thing bad about Major. It was like any other rando ex texting you Liv just responded in a way that would encourage the behavior she got. It's the brain, but still Liv didn't fight it particularly well at all.

Also Max Rager no longer just a metaphor. And the Clive bits were great especially the game of thrones thing and that Clive cooks, I didn't even mind the other detective too bad he'll be dead in like a week.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    If Liv is going to be the crazy Ex the least she could do is break out into song. Oh man an Izombie Crazy Ex Girlfriend random musical cross over would be the best. Don't explain it just have them all singing there for no reason whatsoever.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    "What's going on? Did everybody eat Broadway brains?"
    "Nah, we just thought it would be fun."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I always laugh at how down Ravi is with any stupid thing that comes along. Like this weeks ep "Sure lets risk our jobs why not?" He's the downest bro that ever was down.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    See we are being denied clives latent sexuality!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Do not wait for the fog to just roll in... to the body bag.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Just so everyone was clear, the Seattle Superhero movement was a real thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_City_Superhero_Movement

• Options
    Man triple nut punch of clive breaking up with liv and then liv breaking up with major and then the zombie virus coming back in new hope.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    But on the bright side, Ravi's reactions...

...which lent themselves to an excellent new thread title, bravo!

• Options
    I just had to laugh they went with the pun of eating a hero's brain on a hero. I mean come on so good.

I got a hint that new zombie might be new Liv love interest. Something about the shared looks.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I thought for a minute you meant the zombie hooker and I was 100% down.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I think we need to consult Sterling Archer and see if she's still a call girl.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    I thought for a minute you meant the zombie hooker and I was 100% down.

Her (potential) return could get rather interesting. Lots of ways that could pan out.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I think both the zombie hooker and the zombie utopium guy have some real potential as cast members.