Options

what's a fair reward for returning a wallet

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    A six pack of beer is a fine reward for something like that.

Decent fucking beer though.

If I turned in someone's wallet and they bought me a 6 pack of Natty Ice I would punch them and steal their wallet.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    like if you had five hundo smackeroonies in there then I'd say give em a nice lil reward

if it's like a fiver then give em a werthers original

Really though, returning the wallet saves him a huge amount of hassle, replacing bank cards and ID is a big thing. Even if there was no money in it.

For me it was literally a matter of losing probably a week of work while I got re-badged etc etc

It was an ENORMOUS help

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    FAQ drops mad lyrics like a man might drop a wallet: accidentally and with great remorse.

It's spelled with a 'b'. "FAQ drops Bad lyrics"

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

If I turned in someone's wallet and they bought me a 6 pack of Natty Ice I would punch them and steal their wallet.

What if that's all they could afford

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    FAQ drops mad lyrics like a man might drop a wallet: accidentally and with great remorse.

It's spelled with a 'b'. "FAQ drops Bad lyrics"

jomDp038

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    10% of whatever cash you had in there would be the legally required reward here

plus any costs they might've incurred while traveling to the guards to turn it in

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    im terrified of losing my wallet, but also girl pants have TINY FUCKING POCKETS

i have a tiny wallet

i love it so

2039837c3c22835ea4b917e764a57c2b.jpg

Kochikens on
  • Options
    your wallet is cute as hell

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    you fan out all the cards in your wallet and they get to pick one

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

What if that's all they could afford

Poordilocks shouldn't be losing their wallet then.

• Options
    simo wrote: »

face down at random of course

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    im terrified of losing my wallet, but also girl pants have TINY FUCKING POCKETS

i have a tiny wallet

i love it so

2039837c3c22835ea4b917e764a57c2b.jpg

tumblr_lm7w13UB8V1qzs6oc.jpg

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh are we posting wallets now? I got a new wallet today and posted it in the fashion thread.
    I got a new wallet that I kick-started.

In super pleased with it, while full, it's as thick as my old wallet while it is empty.
    F67937DD-255F-4906-9201-035D893D3F1B_zps2zqkpeki.jpg
    48C152D3-5471-44B4-BA08-30116B397424_zpsbeopa9hv.jpg
    9E134A99-979A-4775-A214-8F212AC9904C_zpshlgoc08m.jpg

• Options
    simo wrote: »

face down at random of course

One of which is a trap card, for obvious reasons. If they draw it you get their wallet, as is the custom.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    so I sent a text cos I'm at work, in the reply they dodged the bit where I asked for an address. The reward was not refused OR accepted, he's outwitted me this time but what's my next move in my quest to be a half decent bloke.

FAQ on
  • Options
    I have a leather wallet with a NY GIANTS logo emblazoned on it.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah the 'give me your address so I can send you a reward' seems like kind of a trap and I wouldn't do it, either

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah the 'give me your address so I can send you a reward' seems like kind of a trap and I wouldn't do it, either

The reward is murder.

• Options
    Which means now you must send them a series of clues and riddles to find their bounty

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I lost my wallet when I was living in Japan whike I was doing a month long study program in Sapporo. I has the equivalent of over 300 dollars in there (cashed based society and a night on the town) my foreigner card that I need to have like, legally with me at all times, and a bunch of other things that would have been amazingly difficult to replace.

Sadly I didn't get to thank the person who found it as they left it anonoymously at the front desk of the store complex I lost it in, but man I woukd have bought them two hours of drinking at any izakaya of their choice.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    so I sent a text cos I'm at work, in the reply they dodged the bit where I asked for an address. The reward was not refused OR rejected, he's outwitted me this time but what's my next move in my quest to be a half decent bloke.

Ask him if he wants to meet at a neutral location.

Like I don't know in front of the United nations in new York or somewhere.

• Options
    The only true neutral location is Switzerland.

• Options
    so I sent a text cos I'm at work, in the reply they dodged the bit where I asked for an address. The reward was not refused OR rejected, he's outwitted me this time but what's my next move in my quest to be a half decent bloke.

Stalk the person until you know everything that they love and are about, then give them a gift with your insideously discovered knowledge. That gift should be a lock of your hair, tied up with a ribbon of the finest cloth of gold, delivered on a bed of rose petals inside a mahogany box carved with the likeness of their face.

Alternatively, ask for an email address and just do an egift card if they don't want to give out their address.

• Options
    The only true neutral location is space.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    so I sent a text cos I'm at work, in the reply they dodged the bit where I asked for an address. The reward was not refused OR accepted, he's outwitted me this time but what's my next move in my quest to be a half decent bloke.

Seems like you and this guy have a lot of common

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The only true neutral location is space.

qenK85D.gif

Enc on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

This is horribly rude. It's a gift so you should politely accept it.

Then insist they share it with you to ensure mutual suffering.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    You owe this person a Wookiee life debt now

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You owe this person a Wookiee life debt now

Going to steal your wallet just to return it now.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

This is horribly rude. It's a gift so you should politely accept it.

Then insist they share it with you to ensure mutual suffering.

Rude you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH5fDgFqZAM

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I've never lost my wallet.

But I tend to have pretty large wallets.

hard to lose out of the front pocket of my jeans too.

• Options
    I lost my wallet at a Ren Fair when I was 16 or so. I didn't have anything worth worrying about in there.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    The feeling of doing something good for someone else should be reward enough, you cad!

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Sip their jack @FAQ

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Steal their wallet and then turn it into the guards with your number and see what they give you and the reciprocate in kind

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Two stories.

My brother lost his wallet in NYC and the bartender had it fedexd back. He wrote a letter first to the address on his license saying to call and describe it so he could confirm he still lived there. It had like... 500 dollars in it And came back with all the money. Sometimes people are really nice, will go out of their way to help. That guy could have taken all the money scott free but didn't. That's good people.

The other is that I found a camera and got it returned to its owner, my landlord knew which apartment she was in. The next day there was a knock at my door at around 9 am. And I'm like.... WTF who's knocking here that early? I just woke up. So I answered the door in my boxers.

The 55ish old lady looked startled, asked if I was the guy who found her camera, quickly handed me a gift card for coffee and left. So on the one hand, a free week of coffee. On the other hand I basically showed a grandmother the goods.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    so the grandma's got two reasons to thank you

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    give them midichlorians

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    so the grandma's got two reasons to thank you

Yeah, she didn't just leave after all.

"Dear Penthouse forum..."

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So this is kind of an advice-y thread? I need some.

I was hit by a vehicle on my way to work this morning (as a pedestrian). The person who hit me is a teacher at the school I work at. What should I do? (I'm home from the ER and mostly ok, but in pain)