Options

You want to pay me that much to do this [Job]?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Shit. The guy with the mop top on the left next to the red shirt lady is also peaking out behind the arm of the first dude in the blue shirt on the left. This is turning into a true horror.

Fuck. Blond doctor is also business hi5 lady. This is the worst photoshop ever.

Or

THEY'RE BUILDING PEOPLE

POORLY

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Why is Zac Efron in that picture?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Why is Zac Efron in that picture?

because he should be in every picture

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I'm terrible.

I'm a terrible human being.

I made a joke at work. I handed my co-worker a box with two chickens in it
    and asked him to hold this cock and pullet

I'm sure there is a special level of hell for me and I'm going there.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I'm terrible.

I'm a terrible human being.

I made a joke at work. I handed my co-worker a box with two chickens in it
    and asked him to hold this cock and pullet

I'm sure there is a special level of hell for me and I'm going there.

Report to the calendar factory. Your services are needed.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    hey job thread, is it kosher to talk about paychecks here? 'Cause I just got my first paycheck from my job and this is almost more money than I know what to do with
    ha ha sike I know what exactly to do with this money

throw it at my student debt

Machwing on
    l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    hey job thread, is it kosher to talk about paychecks here? 'Cause I just got my first paycheck from my job and this is almost more money than I know what to do with
    ha ha sike I know what exactly to do with this money

throw it at my student debt

only if you're sharing

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Today was a shit day.

That poor chicken. It was still alive by the end of the day.

My heart breaks for her :(

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Chickens are surprisingly tough! She might make it.

• Options

I'm gonna spoil this for squick/triggers
    she's not gonna make it. The rat chewed through her leg bone and into her side. Her leg is just hanging there by a piece of meat. There's a hole in her abdomen, so who knows what's missing out of there.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I have to fill out this form detailing 'specific objectives' and 'agreed measures and timing'. That by itself would be fine, but the examples of what they want us to fill in are just *seriously* pissing me off.
    Demonstrate my impact in leading others by role modeling and championing the BlahBlah Five Key Leadership Skills while creating a culture of appreciation.

It's like a dictionary of 1st year marketing terms threw up in a spreadsheet, and they want me to copy that style. I never realized I could be this angry at a spreadsheet before.

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I have to fill out this form detailing 'specific objectives' and 'agreed measures and timing'. That by itself would be fine, but the examples of what they want us to fill in are just *seriously* pissing me off.
    Demonstrate my impact in leading others by role modeling and championing the BlahBlah Five Key Leadership Skills while creating a culture of appreciation.

It's like a dictionary of 1st year marketing terms threw up in a spreadsheet, and they want me to copy that style. I never realized I could be this angry at a spreadsheet before.

I'm an engineer and I envy people who don't know how angry you can get at a spreadsheet

• Options
    It's just, you're supposed to be showing specific objectives.
    The fuck is specific about that marketspeak bullshit?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Fuck if I know. I don't put up with employers who believe in market speak. Which is why I work a low end retail job now.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I'm an engineer and I envy people who don't know how angry you can get at a spreadsheet

I don't think that I've ever been mad at a spreadsheet. Irked, annoyed, confused, bemused, sure. But angry? Compared to programming, spreadsheets are a soothing and relaxing diversion. Plus, I get to make graphs and charts and conditional formating to make things look pretty.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I write my workout plans in Excel. I should be better at it by now, but I still find the air is blue around me when I'm done.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

she's not gonna make it. The rat chewed through her leg bone and into her side. Her leg is just hanging there by a piece of meat. There's a hole in her abdomen, so who knows what's missing out of there.

Is there some kind of policy where you work about not killing an animal in that condition?

'Cause tbh letting it live with those injuries is cruel.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I also fail to see how they hell you could measure that over any specific time frame.

Are you sure it's not a "How not to do it" example?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    It's a thorough fuckup.

I'm basically saying fuck them and am just filling in all of the tasks I'm responsible for and how to measure them.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

I also fail to see how they hell you could measure that over any specific time frame.

Are you sure it's not a "How not to do it" example?

That's when you say "Oh yeah I've been doing that, totally" then provide a bullshit anecdote and then your idiot management eats it up.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    jgeis wrote: »

Is there some kind of policy where you work about not killing an animal in that condition?

'Cause tbh letting it live with those injuries is cruel.

This isn't really a discussion I want to have right now. It might be less expedient than we'd like, but it's been taken care of.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    First day of vacation.

Showed up at work at 0630 and am now going to go get a cavity filled.

I am bad at vacation.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, staff meeting tomorrow where all the temps in my department are attending along with our department head and the liaisons from the temp agency. Scuttlebutt says this will be a Come To Jesus meeting for everyone slacking on work and watching Netflix all day. There's also been some dress code issues.

I'm not terribly concerned about my job, I know my boss appreciates how hard I work; I'm just worried that I'll have certain freedoms and privileges taken away, like being able to listen to my music or a podcast, thanks to other people fucking it up for everyone else.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Look, @Darth Waiter , your Mankini just isnt workplace appropriate attire.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Look, @Darth Waiter , your Mankini just isnt workplace appropriate attire.

Speak for yourself

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Librarian's Log: DeweyDate 677 (Textiles)

Today is a teacher in service day. I don't have anything to do.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

Pillow fort

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Pillow fort

I have two pillows. And they are small. I could make a fort out of books but then I'd have to re-shelve them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    sorry mr. manager you can't bribe me with overtime to come in on my day off

nor can you guilt trip me

i NEED those 2 days off

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Name Files:

One of my Facebook friends is plastering photos of her newborn daughter on there right now.

Kid is named Harley Quinn.

That sure is a name with some aspirations.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Kevin Smith's daughter is named Harley Quinn Smith. I kind of dig the name, the only issue I'd have would be concern that people would think I named my kid after the motorcycle. But I named my son after Luke Skywalker, so who am I to judge?

• Options
    edited April 2015

Pillow fort

I have two pillows. And they are small. I could make a fort out of books but then I'd have to re-shelve them.

Fashion yourself a suit of armor out of bookmarks held together with staples

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Kevin Smith's daughter is named Harley Quinn Smith. I kind of dig the name, the only issue I'd have would be concern that people would think I named my kid after the motorcycle. But I named my son after Luke Skywalker, so who am I to judge?

My cousin's daughter is named Harley.
    And same cousin named her son David.

newSig.jpg
  • Options

My opinion of the name depends on which one were talking about. Are we talking about that shitty new redesign of Harley Quinn or are we talking the animated series Harley Quinn? Can we just name her Harley Quinn TheOneFromTheAnimatedSeries Smith to avoid confusion?

• Options
    Anyone have those times at work where they have nothing to do because they have to wait for people to actually respond to emails?

• Options
    Anyone have those times at work where they have nothing to do because they have to wait for people to actually respond to emails?

No

• Options

Yup. Just not this job.

These jobs. Both of them.

Watch out middle class, I'm coming through.

Haha just kidding. I don't even make enough to get my food stamps reduced.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I have lots of times where I have nothing to do cause its like, theres nothing to do

even a lot of times when I have something to do I'm barely doing anything

"ok (such and such) pressure is dropping. it will reach target pressure in... 6.... hours...."

I basically just have to make sure nothing fucks up. If stuff fucks up, then there can be lots to do.

It sucks when stuff fucks up

Al_wat on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I have lots of times where I have nothing to do cause its like, theres nothing to do

even a lot of times when I have something to do I'm barely doing anything

"ok (such and such) pressure is dropping. it will reach target pressure in... 6.... hours...."

I basically just have to make sure nothing fucks up. If stuff fucks up, then there can be lots to do.

It sucks when stuff fucks up

Sounds like when I was a movie projectionist. Except probably more real repercussions.

Sit around for hours and days doing nothing until "oh god everything is broken!"

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I get a lot of emails. Like...a fuck ton of them.

Right now my inbox is currently sitting at 3,401 unread.

That said, I'm often quick to dismiss the pile of spam that makes it through the filters because I don't have time for that shit. In that pile of emails area often things that are supposed to go to the other Steve (our CIO) that works here. I was here first so I don't have the first letter of last name on my email..it's just my name. Most of that stuff I just forward on over and call it good.

So, today I get an email from a name I recognize as something that I've already mentally ID'd as spam and have even responded to with "are you looking for the other steve?" "unsubscribe" "remove from list" "stop emailing me"....nothing stems the tide. And, as I'm already having a shitty day and it's still early on a Monday I figured that nope...I was done with this shit.

Thus, I begin sleuthing and manage to score the name, company and phone number of the person that has been bombing my box for the last few weeks...and I call them. I mentioned I'm having a bad day, yea? Well, I heap just about every piece of pent up bullshit into what can already be an overly forceful voice and give this person both barrels of bile.

By the time I'm done they are a mewling pool of apologies and me? I'm feeling a little better, if not in need of a nap and some more tea.

Oh...an IM. hm.

Other Steve: "Uh, does the name <REDACTED> mean anything to you?"
    me: "It used to be a person and now it's a spammy smear on my day.....wait...don't tell me...."
    "Yea, they're a vendor we use."
    "...oh fuck."
    "Riiiiiight, so I'm just going to apologize to them on your behalf and would you like to send over a gift basket?"
    "That sounds like a rather nice gesture, let's do that."

Thankfully he dropped by laughing so hard there were tears in his eyes, but....uh...whoops.

This discussion has been closed.