As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the old [STEAM] thread. Please buy the new thread mod for $4.99.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'd really like to get around to playing through War in the North. My wife and I briefly played a level or two together a few years ago and it was fun. We both have fond memories of playing through the studio's Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games, and I was hoping we'd do the same with this.

Awesome to hear that Axiom Verge is coming soon.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Deadcore is on sale at Gamersgate for $2.50

I put it on my wishlist a while ago thinking it looked cool. Looks like I'm going to get a chance to try it out now :)

Description from Steam page:

DeadCore is a Platformer-FPS blending exploration and speedrun. Become immersed in a futuristic and dreamlike adventure which will see you climb a huge Tower born from the void and truly put your capabilities to the test. Will you be able to reveal the secrets that lie beneath this fog-ridden world?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I started playing LOTR War in the North co-op with my best friend a couple months ago. Then we got sidetracked and haven't got back to it. Hrm. Might have to remind her and give it another shot. It was quite fun, as I recall.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Friend request from gulmira and another from Tina. Anyone know them? Profiles are private.

I'd go with no

Since they "fixed" the issue with low level accounts, I have had more invites from level 0 accounts than before. I don't think they fixed it.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    The "fix" is not retroactive, that's why spam bots are still around. It'll stop anymore new ones from being made but we're still stuck with the million that got in before the date. Should be slowly wittled down though.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yeah, War in the North is a fun romp with a friend. As a single player game obviously Shadow of Mordor is way way better tho.

But honestly, if you just finished SoM and want more Tolkein, this is an odd suggestion but LEGO Lord of the Rings is crazy enjoyable. The Hobbit not so much tho...

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Shadow of Mordor, including the DLC, is complete.
    Man, the Bright Lord really messed up big time.

I felt overall that it was modern, but fit nicely into the movie universe, and had some decent call-backs to Tolkienesque writing (tragedy, mirroring of events, the corrupting influence of power). And the Nemesis system is the most fun I've had with multiple RNG vectors since, well, forever.

Now I just need to pick one of these games to play:
    wx3kcw2tt6e7.jpg
    I've started all of these, and some of them a have a bit of progress on. I'm just not sure what to play after that . . .

Edit: I usually only play the difficult ones in fits and starts. Some I doubt I'll ever beat. So they're not such good candidates.

If you're still in a LOTR mood after Shadow of Mordor then War in the North is a fun romp. Even better if you have a dedicated coop buddy but not necessary.

Otherwise I recommend the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy.

karoz - Gasp, someone else who liked War in the North. I thought I was alone.
    I really hope Shadow of Mordor 2 is a mix of SoM and War in the North. I'm picturing all the awesome things SoM had, but with more of Middle Earth to explore, and quests and towns and jive.
    *crosses fingers*

For all the bad that is Assassin's Creed Unity, the cooperative element had some really great potential. I can only imagine the awesome stealthing and taking over a fortress or the brutal slaughter unleashed if there was a SoM & WotN hybrid.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Are we doing Killing Floor now?

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Are we doing Killing Floor now?

Looks like Killing Floor and GTA now

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Jragghen wrote: »

From the comments in that video, it seems like there are only going to be four playable races? That's... more than a bit disappointing.

Edit:
    Total War wrote:
    In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character, who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Should be Total Warhammer.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

From the comments in that video, it seems like there are only going to be four playable races? That's... more than a bit disappointing.

Edit:
    Total War wrote:
    In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character, who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.

If previous total war games are any indication, you'll be able to play as more than twice that, it's just the others will be unlocked with DLC.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I agree with @Pixelated Pixie regarding Eschalon being rad, but you should play Castle of Illusion first. It's a really solid (and surprisingly challenging) platformer, and you can bam it out in a few hours to knock it off of the backlog before you start something meatier. After Eschalon there is Book II and Book III with their higher resolutions as well.

Also you can scratch Woodle Tree Adventures off of the list, it looks charming but it's janky as fuck.

All I need to do with Castle of Illusion is beat the last boss. Which I still have yet to be able to do. I have awful timing with jumping over her spinny ghosts in the 3rd and final wave.

And yes, Woodle is janky as fuck, I've already experienced that, but I'm still going to play it. For reasons. Though my wife refuses to co-op with me again. Ever.
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Yeah, War in the North is a fun romp with a friend. As a single player game obviously Shadow of Mordor is way way better tho.

But honestly, if you just finished SoM and want more Tolkein, this is an odd suggestion but LEGO Lord of the Rings is crazy enjoyable. The Hobbit not so much tho...

Sadly, I have neither.

So probably I'll mess with Eschalon and try to pick it back up at some point. Maybe try and beat Mizrabell again. Or maybe I'll reach in to my library of eternity and just pull some random game. :wink:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    So I've started playing Endless Legend. It's a lot more involved than Civ, but it's been delightful so far even though I still suck at it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Restarted Dues Ex for pacifist. I hate myself.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    So I've started playing Endless Legend. It's a lot more involved than Civ, but it's been delightful so far even though I still suck at it.

Remember that as you unlock new resources, you can equip better gear on your heroes AND your normal military units.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

I've never played a Total War game but I do like Warhammer. I may have to keep an eye on this.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    So, WWE 2K15 has officially been announced for PC. It'll release April 28 on Steam for $50, and include all the DLC packs. GreenMan is taking pre-orders for $45 right now, and you can use coupon code SAVE20-APRILD-EALSON to bring it down to $36.

I'm kind of into wrestling (like a fish is kind of into water), so I jumped on that right away.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Talus9952 wrote: »

Remember that as you unlock new resources, you can equip better gear on your heroes AND your normal military units.

Yeah, I had a hard time figuring out how to upgrade my troops last night. The tutorial only covered creating New unit types. Eventually found out that you had to edit the existing type, then your troops have the option of upgrading to the current design.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So, WWE 2K15 has officially been announced for PC. It'll release April 28 on Steam for $50, and include all the DLC packs. GreenMan is taking pre-orders for $45 right now, and you can use coupon code SAVE20-APRILD-EALSON to bring it down to $36.

I'm kind of into wrestling (like a fish is kind of into water), so I jumped on that right away.

That's amazing news. I don't follow wrestling anymore but I love the video games. Does it have a good character creator?

• Options
    IIRC WWE 2k15 doesn't have the best reputation. Neat that they're releasing it at least, I guess.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I've never played a Total War game but I do like Warhammer. I may have to keep an eye on this.

Isn't this a weird time for a WHFB game to come out? I'm given to understand that in the backstory...
    Chaos won and the whole world was destroyed a few months ago, bam, that's all she wrote.

• Options
    edited April 2015

That's amazing news. I don't follow wrestling anymore but I love the video games. Does it have a good character creator?

Yeah this just shot to the top of my wishlist. Yesterday they said it would be out this spring, now it comes out in 6 days. And yes, the character creator is great. I spend days there,
    Corpekata wrote: »
    IIRC WWE 2k15 doesn't have the best reputation. Neat that they're releasing it at least, I guess.

True, but it was the first attempt at a "next-gen" WWE game. The fact that they are releasing it (with all the DLC which is nice) shows that maybe future games will come to PC as well.

Halfazedninja on

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Frem wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Shadow of Mordor, including the DLC, is complete.
    Man, the Bright Lord really messed up big time.

I felt overall that it was modern, but fit nicely into the movie universe, and had some decent call-backs to Tolkienesque writing (tragedy, mirroring of events, the corrupting influence of power). And the Nemesis system is the most fun I've had with multiple RNG vectors since, well, forever.

Now I just need to pick one of these games to play:
    wx3kcw2tt6e7.jpg
    I've started all of these, and some of them a have a bit of progress on. I'm just not sure what to play after that . . .

Edit: I usually only play the difficult ones in fits and starts. Some I doubt I'll ever beat. So they're not such good candidates.

Rogue Legacy isn't super difficult until you start hitting NG++ or so and is a really neat game.

Valdis Story is fun once you get used to it controlling more like a fighter than a metroidvania despite it being the latter.

I wonder how long it'll be before Valdis Story moves to the "difficult" category. I rage quit at the Engineer's Palace. Brutal.

Before the last big update added a new round to the final boss fight, I had S rank on every boss on hard. I never got the S rank on the new form. Holy. Fuck. Deadly.

It's also worth noting that the better your rank on a boss, the better the stat bonus you get... and S ranks are REALLY worth it.

Oh, and as a final note, there's a Demon's Souls reference in the achievements :D

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Valdis Story really is the closest thing to a Devil May Cry/Metroidvania mash-up and I fucking love it.

Dust came close but the best strategy in it devolved pretty quickly into spin to win. Combos stop being impressive or interesting when you're casually getting 500 hits in.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

I've heard the character creator isn't quite as good as in previous years. Of course, previous years had the gold standard of character creation, so I'm not sure if that means it's bad, or simply that it's less good.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    The Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator Beta got an update today.
    I was wondering if anyone here has gotten into the beta, and if so, what the verdict is on it?

I'm all for securing my Steam account, but I was wondering how much of an additional pain in the butt it was going to be.

Also, I discovered in Marvel Puzzle Quest that healing packs slowly refill to 5. That knowledge would have been handy earlier.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    My hope is that people mod the SHIT out of WWE 2K15 for PC.

That game was barebones as shit when it came out on consoles.

Also, will they have to mod noted sexual predator Bill Demott out of the game's "story" mode?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    What a messed up morning. I cried, I laughed, I swore at @malakaius for gifting me Killing Floor 2. (I didn't do that last one, honest). Found out my elderly neighbour passed away which was awful cause he was such a nice guy with an amazing family. Hell, they were like family to us. Then I got home from that to find a package from @cardboard delusions for a Wii U Controller Pro! And then Mal gifts me KF2! Thanks guys, I needed a pick me up after that. <3

Realtalk: You have without a doubt given me better presents/surprises than most of my blood relatives. As far as I'm concerned it's the least I can do. <3 you bro!

• Options
    Hmm, getting the itch for some Dungeon Keeper. War for the Overworld is still somewhat a buggy mess, but Dungeons 2 coming out soon and looks much better than the Dungeons Tycoon that was the first.

I can get it on GMG for $29 with their code and since it should pop out a Steam key I should be able to get in on all those preorder goodies that were unlocked right? For some reason my mind refuses to believe this is the case.

Then again I think I might just hunt down my old CDs or finally repurchase DK on GoG.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Hmm, getting the itch for some Dungeon Keeper. War for the Overworld is still somewhat a buggy mess, but Dungeons 2 coming out soon and looks much better than the Dungeons Tycoon that was the first.

I can get it on GMG for $29 with their code and since it should pop out a Steam key I should be able to get in on all those preorder goodies that were unlocked right? For some reason my mind refuses to believe this is the case.

Then again I think I might just hunt down my old CDs or finally repurchase DK on GoG.

I guess you missed the time they were giving away DK on GOG for free and had DK2 for like $2

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Started some FTL: Faster Than Light again.

1st time taking the Rebel Flagship, got annihilated and couldn't put a dent in it.
    2nd time around, managed to wittle it down with the game's most powerful lazer. Screwed me over big time with the follow up battle.

*head desk*

Fun fact, while FTL is subtitled "Faster Than Light", the F.T.L. acronym actually stands for "Fire, Torn apart, Lasers" the 3 most likely ways your crew will die.
    I thought the FTL stood for Frustration Then Loss.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Futile. Trivial. Lost.

• Options

I guess you missed the time they were giving away DK on GOG for free and had DK2 for like $2

Eh my CDs are about five feet away from me so I probably passed up on it on purpose.

• Options
    FTL?

Fuck This Lunacy

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Feeling The Loss

• Options
    FWIW Nuuvem has Dungeons 2 for like 16 bucks. Definetly tempting me at that price. I know Jim Sterling raved about it but want to hear more about the game, since the first kinda sucked.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

War is a buggy mess? How? I haven't had anything happen but I haven't played much yet.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

War is a buggy mess? How? I haven't had anything happen but I haven't played much yet.

A bit of hyperbole on my part but it definitely seemed released too early to others and going over to their Steam community hub doesn't seem to be too much improvement though patches are coming out. I still plan to get it some day but Dungeons 2 seems to be the better option right now.

This discussion has been closed.