As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the old [STEAM] thread. Please buy the new thread mod for $4.99.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Gameagent seems to be having a Borderlands sale.
    Borderlands 2 GOTY: $10
    Borderlands the Pre-Sequel: $20
    Borderlands the Pre-Sequel Season pass: $19.99 See blood atonement's post below.

All games are steamworks titles and should redeem on Steam.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Gameagent seems to be having a Borderlands sale.
    Borderlands 2 GOTY: $10
    Borderlands the Pre-Sequel: $20
    Borderlands the Pre-Sequel Season pass: $19.99

All games are steamworks titles and should redeem on Steam.

Game stop has TPS season pass for $10

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Happy Earth Day! This year's giveaway is much smaller than last year's, but Let There Be Life is a lovely peaceful, soothing puzzle game where you grow trees while keeping the flowers happy, too. The giveaway ends on Friday, Arbor Day!
    signature.png

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Should be Total Waaaaargh.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Last Call! Ends in 4 hours!

signature.png

signature.png

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

tumblr_nkevj9ju9N1skf179o2_250.gif

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    There is a demo for Not a Hero up, which is a sort of Broforce meets Hotline Miami meets Gunpoint actionfest from the OlliOlli devs.

I suggest not playing the demo because then soon you will find yourself absent 12 dollars.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    @Albino Bunny just hit me with Killing Floor.

Alrighty then.

It's true, I did not own this. I sorta just looked at it from the sidelines and thought 'Huh'

Thank You!

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    10th Anniversary "Pay What You Want" Bundle #2:
    Pay $1 for:
    • Fist of Jesus
    • Truffle Saga
    • Space Farmers
    • Racer 8
    • Litil Divil
    Beat the average with $4 for:
    • Grimind
    • Gold Rush! Anniversary
    • Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition
    • The 39 Steps
    • International Snooker 2012

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

1sXPseL.png

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I tried to soldier on through Woodle Tree Adventures. I decided that, even though I spent money on it, I gave it the ol' college try, I just can't do it.

Life's too short to play shit games.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    There is a demo for Not a Hero up, which is a sort of Broforce meets Hotline Miami meets Gunpoint actionfest from the OlliOlli devs.

I suggest not playing the demo because then soon you will find yourself absent 12 dollars.

This is exactly how I feel about the Ronin demo. Turn based action platforming is real and it rocks.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Has the Mass Effect sale been posted yet?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009XDMQ0W/

Origin of course, but still, $10 for the trilogy on PC. First two games look to include at least some of the DLC, but ME3 DLC is still something you have to purchase.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    MuddBudd wrote: »

Origin of course, but still, $10 for the trilogy on PC. First two games look to include at least some of the DLC, but ME3 DLC is still something you have to purchase.

Interesting; I'd thought Pinnacle Station was long gone, at least for PC.

The ME2 DLC listed is the stuff that was free with Cerberus Network (aka, the ME2 online pass) anyway and came out over the first couple of months the game was out. It's some good stuff, though. Zaeed is incredible. But the big paid DLC for ME2 (Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Overlord, Arrival) and any of the other optional little things you might want still needs picking up separately.

C'mon, EA/Bioware, get your shit together. Srsly.

Jazz on
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

I should have listened to you. Now I own it.

I don't even know what happened.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Albinooooo!

fq1g8kf7h6zm.jpg

@Albino Bunny hits me with The Next Penolpe.

Thank you! Was just the thing to lift my spirits, walking out to my car after yet another tiring day of work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Jazz wrote: »

The ME2 DLC listed is the stuff that was free with Cerberus Network (aka, the ME2 online pass) anyway and came out over the first couple of months the game was out. It's some good stuff, though. Zaeed is incredible. But the big paid DLC for ME2 (Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Overlord, Arrival) and any of the other optional little things you might want still needs picking up separately.

If I bought the DLC on console... using the Cerberus Network... would I have access to it on PC?

-edit-

I think that's how I bought it...

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    The Next Penelope is fabulous. Just completely delicious.

• Options
    edited April 2015

If I bought the DLC on console... using the Cerberus Network... would I have access to it on PC?

Nope. Not the paid stuff. The free stuff, yes. Cerberus Network itself was an online pass and an in-game storefront for the version of the game you got it with, that's all. Sorry.

No difference if you got it through Cerberus Network or Xbox Live Marketplace. Or, I assume, PSN.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Like I said a day or two ago, the trilogy is cheaper than a single piece of DLC. nice job bio

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's so arse-about-face. The cost and the hoops to jump through create a ridiculous barrier to entry that we've seen people in this very thread just can't (or won't) get past. It's doubly sad because those games are so good.

It's triply sad because these guys gave us Dragon Age: Origins: Ultimate Edition: With Extra Colons, thus setting themselves a great example of how to actually do it right.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    The Total Warhammer thing is going to be a trilogy, apparently.

From Blue's News:
    SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd. today announced a new title from UK videogame studio Creative Assembly™; the first in partnership with Games Workshop®, creators of the well-known Warhammer® Fantasy Battle tabletop wargame and accompanying range of miniatures.

Total War™: WARHAMMER® for PC, Mac and SteamOS, coming soon.
    Now in its 15th year, the award-winning Total War™ continues to offer a unique combination of huge-scale real-time battles and an addictive turn-based campaign game of statecraft, politics and empire building.

Total War: WARHAMMER will take the series to a realm of grand high fantasy for the very first time in its history. Our rules have changed, and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined. The limitlessly deep and rich universe of Warhammer heralds a new era for Total War. Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power take their place on the battlefield, alongside thousands of warriors clashing in real-time tactical battles.

In the turn-based campaign game, players will find the Old World an unforgiving and treacherous place, filled with endless war and cunning alliances alike. Whichever race you choose to play as and however you seek conquest, you will be faced with a conflict that threatens to tear the very fabric of reality asunder.

The first in an epic trilogy of titles, Total War: WARHAMMER will deliver hundreds of hours of absorbing gameplay. It will combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the single largest Total War experience ever.

“We’ve always loved the Warhammer universe, and couldn’t wait to approach it with the same colossal scale and authenticity that has characterised our titles for the last 15 years,” said Total War: WARHAMMER Project Lead, Ian Roxburgh. “We’re bringing it to life in a way that nobody’s attempted before.”

(Emphasis added)

Content packs, swell.

Orogogus on
  • Options
    While I've always felt that the TW series is kinda lacking (but fun) as historical wargames I feel like Creative Assembly is a perfect fit for Warhammer.

• Options
    All of my Source Engine games are updating. HL2, the episodes, Lost Coast, HL:S, even Synergy...

HL3 arg confirmed!

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So. In chat, I was saying "Hey. I can run pretty much any game now. I want to play a shootman that I normally couldn't. What shootman should I play?" to which the response was "Killing floor 2" Well...I said well, this...

HvSh7E4.png

I WAS ANSWERING A SUGGESTION! THIS IS ENTRAPMENT!

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    So. In chat, I was saying "Hey. I can run pretty much any game now. I want to play a shootman that I normally couldn't. What shootman should I play?" to which the response was "Killing floor 2" Well...I said well, this...

HvSh7E4.png

I WAS ANSWERING A SUGGESTION! THIS IS ENTRAPMENT!

:biggrin: :hydra:

• Options
    Fantasy Grounds now officially in bed with D&D. Officially supports D&D, and has content packs for sale.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Also, Killing Floor 2 devs Tripwire reserve the right to ban you if you're a dick. It's worth reading the whole article.

raFDiB6.png

Jazz on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So, I died.

Not literally of course, but in the Steam Battle Thread being run by @akajaybay. My character had recently gone through a harrowing mission, one where there were all kinds of injuries and basically we got our asses handed to us. Personally, my character was glad to be alive, since he never even wanted to leave the ship in the first place. Well the round ended, and I was safe.

Then the next round started, and my dead body was found with a drone to the heart. Oops. Apparently though, I was not allowed to pass to the next life just yet, I needed something to entertain me on the way.

nHeH0BO.png

Thanks @shdwcaster! CA-CAW!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also, Killing Floor 2 devs Tripwire reserve the right to ban you if you're a dick. It's worth reading the whole article.

raFDiB6.png

This is really cool in theory, but the "We will not also tolerate anyone hosting servers for the game where such behaviors are continually or repeatedly allowed to take place" part doesn't really sit right with me.

A game developer has no right to tell someone what they can or cannot do with a game they paid for on a server they are running using hardware they own.

Banning someone from official servers for being a dick is a great idea, but revoking a CD Key for a game that they paid for because they don't fit into your personal morality belief system is some straight up bullshit.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

raFDiB6.png

This is really cool in theory, but the "We will not also tolerate anyone hosting servers for the game where such behaviors are continually or repeatedly allowed to take place" part doesn't really sit right with me.

A game developer has no right to tell someone what they can or cannot do with a game they paid for on a server they are running using hardware they own.

Banning someone from official servers for being a dick is a great idea, but revoking a CD Key for a game that they paid for because they don't fit into your personal belief system is some straight up bullshit.

Yeah I wonder if that's even legal.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I wonder if that's even legal.

EULAs in general have been in a very murky legal area since their inception, mainly because you can't read them until after you have made a purchase.

Adding things like "We'll tell your mom on you!" isn't doing the "EULAs are legal agreements" argument any favors.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    @cardboard delusions is a classy assassin, sending a message all the way from china saying that @CorriganX sucks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I'm having a hard time working up any moral outrage over a "Don't be a dick" rule. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

raFDiB6.png

Banning someone from official servers for being a dick is a great idea, but revoking a CD Key for a game that they paid for because they don't fit into your personal morality belief system is some straight up bullshit.

Yeah, it may not be right, but I'm actually still ok for people who are dicks to get their cd keys revoked too.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @spoit retaliates with avengers pinball! jerks all around!

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Like I said a day or two ago, the trilogy is cheaper than a single piece of DLC. nice job bio

Pretty sure EA is the one setting those prices.

• Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    Yeah, it may not be right, but I'm actually still ok for people who are dicks to get their cd keys revoked too.

You're ok with someone telling you that after you have given them money for something they can dictate how you are allowed to use it based on their personal feelings regarding what is or isn't being a dick?

If someone wants to run their own server and be racist or sexist or homophobic or whatever than that's pretty morally reprehensible sure, but it's also their own business. "Don't be a dick" in public is fantastic, and if you're a dick in public than you lose the ability to be a dick in public, which is also fantastic... but if someone wants to be a dick on their own time in their own game on their own hardware than nobody has the right to tell them no.

They're game developers, not morality police.

• Options
    This is something that TWI has been doing for a while now and it has been in a few of their EULAs. They've even gone so far as banning a few people. Guess what, no one misses them and it was a net positive for the game as a whole.

It's a nuclear option for when a problem grows beyond the ability of the players and server admins to handle. All the outrage about rights here is pretty cute stuff but I'm pretty happy that TWI doesn't just shrug their shoulders when there is a problem trashing the experience for people who just want to have fun playing a video game.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    One thing I didn't really like about the wall-grab move in HR is that it is a lethal move and you can't tell if the context button is going to knock down the wall or murder an unfortunate soul on the other side unless you've got the x-ray ability.

Hippie.

Far from it. I don't do stealth because I don't like killing people, I do stealth because killing people is too easy. Sniper rifle? Pistol? Rocket launcher? Too simple.

No, I sneak up and perform non-lethal takedowns because it's more difficult than sheathing my armblades in their lungs. I move silently through the vents because strolling down the hallway whistling Dixie with a shotgun is boring. I put every living thing to sleep and disable all electronic security features, whether I already passed them or not, because I want to read every bit of email they've ever received and nothing is going to stop me.

Actually killing people isnt a silent takedown so murdering them with your arm blades is actually harder than knocking them out.

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.