As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] Thread invaded by a Deviljho. Go to new thread or get eaten.

2456799

Posts

  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    A GS L3 charge with Life Hone will heal over half your health bar. Gaijin Hunter likes it on Hunting Horn because the idea is you never really want to sheathe that and I guess it heals small hits like monster turning around on you.
    I'm still not going to risk a cart when I have potions readily available. It's still a proc when GS charging, and so you aren't guaranteed to get that health on the big hit.

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    TimFiji wrote: »
    Does honing your weapon with Life add health per hit? If so how much?

    Depends on how hard you hit. It's a proc chance, about 20% probability but with an internal CD so duals can't abuse it.

    chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Also Dalamadur: make artillery god armor. Grab gunlance. Cheese fight.

    Start fight, do 180, shoot tail. He roars, turn around, shoot fin. If he stands to the north, climb pillar near body and shoot hand. Towards the west, climb small platform near where you started and shoot claw. When he wraps around big pillar, drop below him, run to the left where his body is, face away from him and use x+a to point straight up and commence firing repeatedly (hold r, repeatedly tap a.) You face away so the knock back from shooting pushes you out of the damaging water. He'll roar, sharpen because if you try to climb he'll just knock you off. It's safe once you finish. Just follow him from place to place.

    If he totally disappears, he's either going to laser or bite. You can block the bite. Not the laser. Laser always goes left to right. He'll shoot down then sweep right a bit before going left to right so don't dive too soon.

    Once he enters the final stage just stand under his head and shoot up. Block bites, claws and meteors. You can also break his chest and claws if you haven't done so yet.

    Easy solo, 25 minutes. Might take a bit of practice.

    Edit: I forgot to say, make the gyre lance. It's cheap and has wide 3 which is your best damage option.

    chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Dracil wrote: »
    A GS L3 charge with Life Hone will heal over half your health bar. Gaijin Hunter likes it on Hunting Horn because the idea is you never really want to sheathe that and I guess it heals small hits like monster turning around on you.
    I'm still not going to risk a cart when I have potions readily available. It's still a proc when GS charging, and so you aren't guaranteed to get that health on the big hit.

    Edit: NM looks like the proc is 30%.

    In which case yeah it's only useful if a monster is gonna one shot you on a normal attack if you aren't at full health if you get a lot of bump and scratches from the monster moving around and the opportunity cost of sheathing is too high on the weapon.

    Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Do Kinsect hits proc Life Hone?

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Trying to get stupid rath plates. Argh.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    2pjxsod1eu6p.jpg
    I AM THE MUSHROOM KING.

    I'll probably swap out the Waist as soon as I farm up the parts for a better one. But for now, ALL the blue mushrooms will be shared with my friends!

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    PolaritieSeidkonaPeas
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Dracil wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Dracil wrote: »
    A GS L3 charge with Life Hone will heal over half your health bar. Gaijin Hunter likes it on Hunting Horn because the idea is you never really want to sheathe that and I guess it heals small hits like monster turning around on you.
    I'm still not going to risk a cart when I have potions readily available. It's still a proc when GS charging, and so you aren't guaranteed to get that health on the big hit.

    Edit: NM looks like the proc is 30%.

    In which case yeah it's only useful if a monster is gonna one shot you on a normal attack if you aren't at full health if you get a lot of bump and scratches from the monster moving around and the opportunity cost of sheathing is too high on the weapon.

    The opportunity cost of sheathing and using a potion is high on ALL weapons, really (SnS notwithstanding). In a lot of G-rank fights you basically have to leave the area to heal every time you take a hit. In my very limited experience with Apex fights, especially, using a potion while your Drive stone is active basically means the remaining duration is wasted and you get to spend the next two and a half minutes AFK at base camp unless your teammates can pick up the slack.

    I still only have one Zenith stone, so I have no personal experience on the matter, but I'm open to the possibility that honing for heal could be strong.

    Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Do Kinsect hits proc Life Hone?
    Dunno. I guess it's worth testing. I have some Zenith Wyvern stones sitting around for a Rank 8/9 glaive that I'm not using.

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    after hunting all there is to hunt, the last quest they give you should be called "monster hunter." when you get on location, the supply chest just contains a single dagger and the guildmarm chimes in "Well, it looks like you're the only monster left. Do the only thing you know how to do." and if you don't press the button yourself your palicoes all jointly stab you, Julius Caesar style.

    Are you the magic man?
    admanbSurfpossumPolaritiedinodankz
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    after hunting all there is to hunt, the last quest they give you should be called "monster hunter." when you get on location, the supply chest just contains a single dagger and the guildmarm chimes in "Well, it looks like you're the only monster left. Do the only thing you know how to do." and if you don't press the button yourself your palicoes all jointly stab you, Julius Caesar style.

    "Et tu, Ace?"

    Freidinodankz
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Stealth glaive and full gypceros armor get! I'm now poison immune, can do poison damage, can run forever, and I added psychic gems for detect and a negate hunger gem to remove drawbacks of the armor.

    Fear me, monsters!

    (also accidentally sold my bone glaive + so I hope there aren't many poison resistant monsters)

    Arch on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I guess if I fight poison resistant or immune monsters I can break out my drill hammer and practice

  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/guild/10/advanced-monster-hunter

    Not quite the same thing, but I'm sure it might make some people want to stab themselves.

    steam_sig.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Every time I use a weapon that isn't a glaive, though I miss my pogo stick ability :(

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I should not have checked desire sensor for the plates v.v

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I should not have checked desire sensor for the plates v.v

    Plates are stupid. You don't need any.

    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
      Plates and gems often become easier to find when you get to the next rank*, so it isn't always worth farming stuff for them unless you really need the equipment right now.

      *Except Zinogre, who is a jerk.

      Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
      Yeah, I want to upgrade Twin Flames and the Valk HH.

      "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

      The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

      Steam: Korvalain
    • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      I was just trying to fool the desire sensor!

      Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
        Twin flames are kind of bad. Make the Agnaktor duals instead.

        Cheaper parts wise too.

        steam_sig.png
      • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
        I thought wyvern conciliation was one of the better fire DS

        "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

        The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

        Steam: Korvalain
      • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
        edited March 2015
        Brody wrote: »
        I thought wyvern conciliation was one of the better fire DS
        Wyvern Conciliation is way better than Agnaktor Inferno, but the G-rank Silver Rathalos parts necessary to make it aren't obtainable until the DLC for them comes out, and the second-to-last weapon in the Rath line isn't good enough to matter (this is true of almost every Rath-based weapon, sadly).

        Wyvern on
        Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
      • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
        Getting a Gypceros Head to upgrade a Poison Battleaxe might drive me crazy.

      • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
        Wyvern wrote: »
        Brody wrote: »
        I thought wyvern conciliation was one of the better fire DS
        Wyvern Conciliation is way better than Agnaktor Inferno, but the G-rank Silver Rathalos parts necessary to make it aren't obtainable until the DLC for them comes out, and the second-to-last weapon in the Rath line isn't good enough to matter (this is true of almost every Rath-based weapon, sadly).

        The G-rank insect glaive is actually pretty good at its second to last iteration while you're still ascending G-rank, but near immediately after you fight Rathalos you can start fighting Brute Tigrex and upping basically every other glaive to max level.

        I ate an engineer
      • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
        edited March 2015
        I know the answer to this is probably forever, but how long until the dlc is expected?

        Looking at the components in the app, I'm not sure which pieces aren't available currently?

        Brody on
        "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

        The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

        Steam: Korvalain
      • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
        edited March 2015
        Brody wrote: »
        I know the answer to this is probably forever, but how long until the dlc is expected?
        The first pack already dropped a couple weeks ago. I think it's supposed to drop monthly?

        EDIT: Oh, you mean the G-rank Silver Rathalos... umm, who knows? I don't know if we are releasing on a similar schedule to Japan's or if it's getting moved around for the rest of the world.

        Hahnsoo1 on
        8i1dt37buh2m.png
      • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
        Ugh. Triple cart to caravan Teostra.

        I had it napping from low health, the bombs didnt kill it... it woke and supernova'd my face. Like, immediately.

        Ow.

        Steam: Polaritie
        3DS: 0473-8507-2652
        Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
        PSN: AbEntropy
      • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
        Yeah, it does that. Waking it up from sleep will always cause it to supernova near immediately.

        Though really, you should be able to survive a supernova against caravan Teostra. If it's napping there's no reason not to fill your HP up and sharpen before you go.

        I ate an engineer
        Vyolynce
      • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
        So, my train of thought during my first fight with a Molten Tigrex:

        "Man, I don't see why people say this is hard, this guy is a lot more peaceful than normal Tigrex, oh hey it causes blastblight, I guess it's kind of bothersome but I'll just roll to get it out, see, it's not that bad ONETWOTHREEDEATH"

        "..."

        "...what just happened?"

        Steam ID: Right here.
        Vyolynce
      • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
        Drascin wrote: »
        So, my train of thought during my first fight with a Molten Tigrex:

        "Man, I don't see why people say this is hard, this guy is a lot more peaceful than normal Tigrex, oh hey it causes blastblight, I guess it's kind of bothersome but I'll just roll to get it out, see, it's not that bad ONETWOTHREEDEATH"

        "..."

        "...what just happened?"

        Explosions. Glorious, wonderful lovely explosions.

        Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
        Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
        Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
        Switch: 0293 6817 9891
      • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
        For me its his roar attack if you are up close, it can one shot you on g rank, especially if he does a spin and then a blast.

        I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

        pleasepaypreacher.net
      • CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
        Caravaneer's challenge opened up so I thought I'd give it a try.

        Screw you too, caravaneer.

        DracilVyolynce
      • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
        Whee, HR4 online. Neat.

        1 bloodscale needed for the Mohran Charge Blade, though. Ugh.

        ew9y0DD.png
        3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
      • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
        If there is anyone out there that could help kill an ukanlos, you would be my hero. I cant deal with helping others kill their urgent and them leaving after anymore.

        52-5490-0501-4244. 1234. Is the room

      • PeasPeas Registered User regular
        Peas wrote: »

        Hoo boy SZ took me all my healing stuff, carted me 2 times and finally went to sleep at the final 10 minutes which was unexpected but thank god I took the chance to cap it which worked

        Raging Brachydios:

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3YmT2d-8k&hl=en-GB&gl=SG


      • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
        G rank Stygian Zinogre is incredibly obnoxious

        fRAWRst
      • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
        Huge thanks again to Cromarty, beasted that ukanlos. Now to farm the fun stuff!

      • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
        milski wrote: »
        Yeah, it does that. Waking it up from sleep will always cause it to supernova near immediately.

        Though really, you should be able to survive a supernova against caravan Teostra. If it's napping there's no reason not to fill your HP up and sharpen before you go.

        Not with -20 fire res and only 100 HP.

        Steam: Polaritie
        3DS: 0473-8507-2652
        Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
        PSN: AbEntropy
      Sign In or Register to comment.