As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DFO] Dungeon Fighter Online Global - 2nd Awakenings! M.Slayer, F.Mage out

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    oh okay, that's good to know

and i just reran it and after running through the first 3 bosses i used the radar, and it said i already found the goblin
    then i retraced my steps and he wasnt in any of the rooms i had been to

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    You can get to any room. You have to blast an ice pile on the south side to open that path.

I ended up having to attack it from the air to actually break it.

And then the goblin dies in an amazing lootsplosion that covers the whole room in treasure.

Also, the best way to fight a chaser is during fever. I can drop Scaffold faster than it finishes, so at any given time it's got like 3 of the thing holding it. Unfortunately day came before I finished the job...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    got an insane orb from a chest opened with free keys

thank you, neople

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    oh okay, that's good to know

and i just reran it and after running through the first 3 bosses i used the radar, and it said i already found the goblin
    then i retraced my steps and he wasnt in any of the rooms i had been to

the goblin tries to bolt

when I ran this, I found him and I didn't kill him and he peaced out the exit and I never saw him again. I couldn't use a radar.

It's possible the event is buggy or you're just supposed to ace him. I was on like ... a level 40 character? I haven't tried it on my asura yet, but radiation spam with fever would probably make me laugh menacingly.

• Options
    now i just radar as soon as possible so i know when i should be looking out for him

also not sure what to do with all my invite orbs, who thinks they'll go up in price once the event ends?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    i don't think i had any particular difficulties killing the treasure goblin on my asura

i just saw him and did the normal asura stuff and then picked up everything

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    My sword master should awaken tomorrow. I really wish feathers would drop more often.

Also the flavor text on the radar is awesome. I love Taken.

• Options
    i mean, i one shot the goblin

but he looks the same as every other goblin

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    just tried this

if for whatever reason you don't feel like doing all of Forgotten land (or already did it but missed a quest or two, most notably the 30 minute daily that awards 5 meteors)

you can just afk at the Forest of Disorder campfire, where the Goblin and Tau vendors are. I don't think Chasers will come to that square, but I haven't tested all conditions yet. When I teleported straight to that area with a jumping pill after arriving, i was able to afk until the last 2 minutes or so until i remembered that I still needed to kill the phantom goblin though, so that should work.

Orphane on
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    just tried this

if for whatever reason you don't feel like doing all of Forgotten land (or already did it but missed a quest or two, most notably the 30 minute daily that awards 5 meteors)

you can just afk at the Forest of Disorder campfire, where the Goblin and Tau vendors are. I don't think Chasers will come to that square, but I haven't tested all conditions yet. When I teleported straight to that area with a jumping pill after arriving, i was able to afk until the last 2 minutes or so until i remembered that I still needed to kill the phantom goblin though, so that should work.

If you just need to leave... hit end dungeon?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Polaritie wrote: »
    just tried this

If you just need to leave... hit end dungeon?

there is a daily quest which involves staying for 30 minutes

unless you mean a different end dungeon other than the "return home" button that's there when you hit esc doing that doesn't count as completing the quest

i could be a dumb and there could be an end dungeon button that i had no idea existed

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    No, I didn't know there was a daily like that...

Edit: 80 feathers until second box. I have no idea what to make to use it with though.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    i kind of wish i chose a phoenix bludgeon for my swordmaster

that illusion slash is way too fun

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Well, got my second phoenix weapon, made a F.Ranger, and got it to +11 with less than 5k cubes.

I have not the courage to try for +12.

• Options
    you actually have to +12 it though, you're playing ranger

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    We believe in you. Probably.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Well, got my second phoenix weapon, made a F.Ranger, and got it to +11 with less than 5k cubes.

I have not the courage to try for +12.

there but for the grace of god go I

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I hope they keep these lost treasures around. I like the idea of being able to at random get something neat with some time and luck.
    -also wish we got more events with the storage upgrade.. 8 slots and weight limit is so bad.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Hmm

I will have actually farmed up 850 burning meteors today or tomorrow

but the question is, should i wait until the vendor quality rotates around to being superior (which is probably the smart option) or risk rng and try to kaleido box a weapon into superior quality (aka instant gratification of having the weapon now)

also as an Asura, I'm still torn between Superheat Magnotium and Fiery Flames

Fiery Flames seems more consistent with its higher int, +3 Katana Mastery and +1 Fire Wave Sword, but its abilities are nothing special
    Superheat Magnotium has +2 SS mastery and the potential for CD resets on Fire Wave Sword could be amazing

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    awww shit

from Neople's facebook

11703334_723203367807111_8794610806993384977_n.jpg?oh=43c04179405d7795cf3e1b3b86e502f3&oe=5654C7A5

Orphane on
  • Options
    mmm female fighter second awakening.

• Options
    mmm female fighter second awakening.

Nen Empress. MOAR DAMAGE. (Oh god I need it so much)

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I could play bishounen M Bison maybe, sure.

• Options
    I'm looking forward to Indra and Ultimate Diva

wonder if their names are gonna change in localization

• Options
    Hit 85 on my Noblesse day before the challenge ends

The 85 box has a +1 Level Ticket that's bound to account and another mystic meteor box

totaly not worth

• Options
    Male Slayer second awakenings ... Hm. I feel like I have played so many male slayers. It's probably one of if not the most popular class, honestly. I'm not sure which one I would settle on, if I decided to upgrade my Asura or branch out and do new and interesting things.

• Options
    SP costs noooo

• Options
    edited August 2015
    so the xp storage event is crazy good

good way to get a free 4m experience that's all stored is to go to forgotten land, go to the upper rightmost room, summon girl of ruins and afk (you have to resummon her) then do it again

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
  • Options

What. So, does this mean they can go into an otherverse dungeon, hit X, and everything just dies?

• Options
    mine didn't even make it to +12

it blew up

thankfully i had gambled and gotten an epic katana to +11 so i didn't lose out on anything

• Options
    edited August 2015
    pretty sure the guy with that sword is a god now

also @ you asura players, what is magma wave sword for (the ex ball one)
    it doesnt seem to do that much damage?

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    huh?

the initial wave + explosion into magma sphere hits of Magma Wave Sword do good damage (the explosion hit has all the damage loaded onto it)

you can miss one or both though, which might make it feel like it doesn't do much

Orphane on
  • Options
    hm, i used it in the second room of mt hardt and it didnt kill the soldiers

i'll try it some more

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I have begun playing this. Berserker, monk and creator.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Definitely way more fun using a controller with inputs. Berserker is bestzerker or whatever.

They really don't make the clone avatar/pet things in the shop very clear though. Like are they just passive stat boosts? Do the clone things need you to have a visual effect on already? Do pets level and have skills?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    non-clone avatars have a cosmetic effect, but no stats
    clone avatars give passive stat boosts but have no visual appearance themselves, instead they copy the appearance of the last avatar you had in that slot when you equip them

pets level and have skills, it shows you when you mouse over them

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    the clone avatars, if you have nothing equipped, can still be equipped but will just display your default looks. They are passive stat boosts that are always on.
    when you get clone avatars you can choose the stat boosts they give; there's a recommended stat that usually does a decent job of getting a useful stat for your class, although desireable stats may change depending on whether or not you want to pvp. For the clone top avatar you can pick a single skill that the avatar will give you an additional rank in; it's usually best to pick your class's best buff skill and run with that (you might look on the dfo reddit or other dfo forums to see if specific classes have other options).

• Options
    TIL phoenix weapons break after +10 now that the event is over

thankfully i discovered that only 200k gold into reinforcing

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    Praise avatar jesus, I can finally have pants on my F Fighters.

• Options
    "yo dawg we heard you like gathering so we put more gather in your gathering so you can gather while you giant swing"