Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DFO] Dungeon Fighter Online Global - 2nd Awakenings! M.Slayer, F.Mage out

1131415161719»

Posts

  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    so this thread has been dead for a while but I actually did start playing again after taking a long break

    but that's not important

    DacHenroidGeddoe
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Man they really know how to keep raising the bar on making things flashy.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    In case it wasn't clear, that's only two subclasses of the new Gunblader class in Korea: Agent is the base subclass with Enforcer and Requiem being the titles of the 1st and 2nd Awakenings, and Troubleshooter is the other base subclass, with Wild Card and Untouchable being the 1st and 2nd Awakenings

    The other two subclasses will be coming out later (they already have names, it'll be Hitman and Specialist)

    The actual weapon equipped is the melee weapon, the gun type changes based on subclass chosen

    This stuff will also not be coming out on DFO Global (the version available to the West) for at least 5 to 6 months

    Currently on DFOG the 2nd Awakenings for Savior and Dragon knight just came out (Savior and Dreadnought) and we might be getting a big patch next week. We'll know more after the devstream tonight if they decide to confirm anything big.

  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    so the 2nd awakenings for the 2 new Lancer subclasses are coming out next week probably






    also i finally managed to finish a 90 upgraded set!
    l4se5iK.png

    TcheldorGeddoe
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I'm in Japan, so playing global relies on my VPN working. So I haven't logged in in awhile.

  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Last time I played this they released the monk class..that was awhile ago I think?

  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Last time I played this they released the monk class..that was awhile ago I think?

    Male Monk? You're years out of date.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    wFw5Kaq.jpg

    :ohdear:

    Henroid
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Thank you lucky shoulder cat retweet to be blessed by lucky shoulder cat.

  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    congrats Frosteey

  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Very nice.

    I've been playing with my shadow dancer recently. It took a couple hours to get it down, but I feel really good about the class. it's been a TON of fun.

    Then I went to do the pvp quests to snag the 2 TP reward. I cannot for the life of me do the combos. It's just too much thinking on the fly as to what will hit and link together. PVP in this game's just too complicated to get down ;;.

    On the upside I now have like 5 level 50+s. Maybe one will get 80+

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Trying to get my new agents to level 90 for the free level 90 epic weapon. Some days are write-offs because my vpn doesn't work properly.

    Edit: I did it. Also started farming ov swap sets in the new easier unified IR. Had 4 legendaries from cards so far.

    Geddoe on
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    My agents are all now level 90. Some of the free epics seem ridiculous.

  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Solo Luke Raid far exceeds my expectations in awfulness.

  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I suck at gimmicks. I didn't even try.

  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    I might be poking at the game again. I'm sick so I just wanted to get the login issues worked out (trying to use Steam was stupid) and see how the basic interface and such worked out. It's been a lot of years since I've played. The first thing I noticed was the skill menu changed to show you what skills fall under what advanced classes. Which is actually suuuuuper helpful especially when learning a new character.

    And on that note DAMN they've added a lot of playable characters.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I might be poking at the game again. I'm sick so I just wanted to get the login issues worked out (trying to use Steam was stupid) and see how the basic interface and such worked out. It's been a lot of years since I've played. The first thing I noticed was the skill menu changed to show you what skills fall under what advanced classes. Which is actually suuuuuper helpful especially when learning a new character.

    And on that note DAMN they've added a lot of playable characters.

    Who was new when you last played because if it's been a few years, yea...there're a TON of new characters.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I might be poking at the game again. I'm sick so I just wanted to get the login issues worked out (trying to use Steam was stupid) and see how the basic interface and such worked out. It's been a lot of years since I've played. The first thing I noticed was the skill menu changed to show you what skills fall under what advanced classes. Which is actually suuuuuper helpful especially when learning a new character.

    And on that note DAMN they've added a lot of playable characters.

    Who was new when you last played because if it's been a few years, yea...there're a TON of new characters.
    Male Mage had two specs, as did the Thief.

    Female Slayer, Knight, Demonic Lancer, Female Priest, Agent?, Creator?, and Dark Knight are all new to me.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I might be poking at the game again. I'm sick so I just wanted to get the login issues worked out (trying to use Steam was stupid) and see how the basic interface and such worked out. It's been a lot of years since I've played. The first thing I noticed was the skill menu changed to show you what skills fall under what advanced classes. Which is actually suuuuuper helpful especially when learning a new character.

    And on that note DAMN they've added a lot of playable characters.

    Who was new when you last played because if it's been a few years, yea...there're a TON of new characters.
    Male Mage had two specs, as did the Thief.

    Female Slayer, Knight, Demonic Lancer, Female Priest, Agent?, Creator?, and Dark Knight are all new to me.

    Ah, yea you've got all sorts of stuff to check out.

    Personally, I had a lot of fun with F. Crusader and Thief's Shadow Dancer recently.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Holy moly the female priest has some pretty absurd melee attack range. I'm gonna spec her to Mistress, it seems like the most straight forward of her advance classes (along with Inquisitor).

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I didn’t like mistress much despite thinking I would love it. Maybe you’ll enjoy it more.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    So the game still has shit native support for gamepads. What outside software is the most not-pain-in-the-ass to use in this situation? Where I can map gamepad inputs to mimic keyboard inputs the DFO client is looking for?

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Used the level 90 armor transfer stone to move Black Formal belt to my ranger to finish the set. Less than 3 minutes later, I did p. rift on her and got a Black Formal Belt. A little salty.

  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited January 2
    Henroid wrote: »
    So the game still has shit native support for gamepads. What outside software is the most not-pain-in-the-ass to use in this situation? Where I can map gamepad inputs to mimic keyboard inputs the DFO client is looking for?

    I use JoyToKey, it's pretty straightforward.

    Edit: I realize now you said that in November, so, uh, hopefully you weren't waiting for an answer.

    Kamar on
    H3Knuckles
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I use SCP and scp2vjoy with a DS4. But it isn't exactly a simple setup, so I didn't post an answer.

    I used JoyToKey in old DFO, but found it too finicky on my new computer and new DFO.

  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    So the game still has shit native support for gamepads. What outside software is the most not-pain-in-the-ass to use in this situation? Where I can map gamepad inputs to mimic keyboard inputs the DFO client is looking for?

    I use JoyToKey, it's pretty straightforward.

    Edit: I realize now you said that in November, so, uh, hopefully you weren't waiting for an answer.
    I ended up getting distracted away from the game for a bit. I might try Joytokey someday but I'm worried about something I heard about it being universal input.

    There was a Logitech software I used to rely on for this sort of thing, but its latest builds are... lordy. Bloated as shit and tries to do social media integration or something? That was a big yikes when I installed and I immediately uninstalled.

    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    The 95 cap is only a bit over a week away. Takes around 3-4 days of grinding to get from 90 to 95. Then the true grind begins.

    Geddoe on
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2
    Two characters have finished harlem epics(well, sort of) and moved on to Tayberrs. Still a bunch more I want to work on.

    Geddoe on
    Tcheldor
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Figure I'll post this here since it is, well, totally related I suppose.



    Project BBQ (title TBD) is a new game coming from Neople. From what I can gather it isn't a "sequel" to DFO, but it does take place in the same world. You will visit familiar locations, meet familiar NPCs, and even some of the classes are inspired (and named after) DFO classes. So "sequel" in all but name I guess? And hell, maybe they will officially announce it as DFO2 anyway, who knows.

    What I do know is that it looks dope as hell and the good folks at Neople have said they are concerned with making a good game first and foremost. Which should be the goal of every Dev, but sometimes feels like it isn't.

    The game wont be hub based like DFO. Instead it will have large open worlds and instanced dungeons.

    No word on whether or not it has gender locked characters or uses classes. Korea seems to enjoy the former.

    I believe it has entered alpha in Korea recently.

    FrosteeyBucketmanTcheldor
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh, wait, it's 3d
    I was real into it when I was thinking of a 2D action game with their nice spritework fitting your description, since I know they do great 2D sprite action games. A 3D game is a big shift in art and game design.

    BahamutZERO.gif
    Bucketman
Sign In or Register to comment.