As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DFO] Dungeon Fighter Online Global - 2nd Awakenings! M.Slayer, F.Mage out

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Right. One metric ton of gold to go for Blazing Flower.

Which I want more for the amazing passive - block hit, then gain tons of stats until it recharges.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    please I need knight or female dlayer

dark knight only uses dark break for 99% of dungeons it's so boring oh my god

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Well, got Blazing Flower, so my goals for the first OB round are met.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    they announced the obt part two time and events (same as what leaked yesterday)
    OBT Part 1 will be closed at 08:00(UTC) today and you have to wait only for 24 hours. See what happens then.
    more readable versions of the announced events: Growing Weapon Towers Level-Up Challenge

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I suppose it's time to look into what a knight is then...

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    So do only new characters get the event accessories?

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    it sounds like the level-up challenge is only open to new characters but you can get the growing weapon on whichever character you want (it says first character you log in to, but I'd assume it's account bound so you can shuffle it around). presumably it'd automatically scale to whatever level your character is, but you'd still have to go collect all the what's its to turn it into a permanent weapon before the event ends

P10 on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    who's ready to dream4u

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    i wonder if nyanko will have a mental breakdown on stream as well

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    p10's patch notes
    • New characters receive a 156 Fatigue potion on creation for the next two weeks.
    • First character you log into receives an account bound Growing Weapon Case, which you use to create one untradeable Growing Weapon of your choice. Word of warning to new Knights - Elven Knights can only use Zanbatos, and Chaoses can only use Short Swords. Wait until you advance to choose a Growing Weapon if you aren't sure. You need to collect 100 Dragon Teardrops over the course of the event to turn your Growing Weapon into the permanent Dragon Weapon equivalent. Dragon Teardrops drop randomly from any foe - I did a few runs and already got 4. Dragon Teardrops are untradeable.
    • Mileage system introduced. One Mileage is awarded for a dungeon clear (lvl 20+) up to 30 / day, and you can spend it at the mileage shop for consumables.
    • Newly created characters receive a temporary creature, and sets of consumables as they hit level milestones.
    • One newly created character can be designated as a challenger - choose a specific level milestone, and if you reach it during the event, get big prizes. Level 61/70 prize set includes a ticket to make the creature pet permanent.
    • Knights receive a special DFO cape.
    • Temporary (15-day) avatar sets are available for 9,900 gold. Collect 100 mileage and you can buy a ticket to make (the entire avatar set?) permanent. There's also a one time set of consumables available for 99,000 gold. The consumable set is available once per account, the avatar sets are available once per account per character type.
    • Tower of Despair available. Tower of Despair is 100 floors of difficult & gimmicky APC fights, and if you reach the end you get a pot containing an Epic item as a reward. Normally, you can only clear one floor a day. During the event, you can clear up to two floors a day for free. You can also buy re-entry tickets for 100k gold.
    • Altar of Infinity and Altar of Ascension available, with corresponding Epic quests. Altar of Infinity has no entrance cost for the duration of the event, and Altar of Ascension has guaranteed Heaven's Medal drops.
    • Danjun coins are now usable items. Using a Danjun coin gives you one of a handful of 15 minute buff potions, a town transformation potion, or, rarely, 1 mileage or a Reinforcement Proficiency Formula

now to fail at tower of despair every day and dream4u

P10 on
  • Options
    wait so you can make the avatars permanent? How hard is it to get that much mileage?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    you can get at most 30 mileage a day from runs, +100 mileage if you complete the level 70 challenge + a handful of mileage from using danjun coins
    assuming the permanent ticket works on a per-avatar basis (not clear if it does, but people seem to be assuming this) - ~30 days
    which makes me hope the ticket isn't on a per-avatar basis or at least the temporary avatars remain in your inventory if they expire

oh apparently its 30 mileage a day per character? so if you go real nuts its possible

P10 on
  • Options
    I'm reading that it's per ava

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    you can see the knight's cape when she backturns as a part of her combo and she makes stupid anime faces during her attacks
    elven knights get to ride unicorns at level 15
    this is everything i wanted from the knight

P10 on
  • Options
    I named my knight Bagles after the stream

only to realize it's spelled wrong (but gle looks closer to gla than gel)

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Also I read it was 30 mileage per day account wide

some dude did the calculations and said you can only perm one set of avas for one char

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Uh, how does mileage work again?

1 FP left on knight and I got zilch.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Uh, how does mileage work again?

1 FP left on knight and I got zilch.
    1 mileage per dungeon run if the dungeon's over level 20

• Options
    AH. Right, punching time then, or something.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    well, then

male ranger sure is a billion times more fun with a pink weapon at all levels for free

looks like you can get mileage on more than one char? i have more than 30...

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    god I am going to play so much in OBT 2. A character that has a super weapon at all times and gets goodies for levelling ... it's a pretty sweet deal. No AH or reinforce fuss, just GO. GO. GO.

Avenger seems much better than I remember people telling me. But anything might seem good with a growing weapon.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    avenger is way better in this version than in the nexon version. he has infinite sustain and beast mode

also chaos is stupidly strong, i am getting C ranks because my summons one shot everything

also her skill that groups all the enemies has a 7 second cooldown.....

even though you can get mileage on every character, it's still not worth it. the avas have no stats, so you'll replace them anyway when the cera shop opens... plus you have to grind a fuckload to even make them perm

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    The important thing is that you can give female characters pants.

• Options
    I decided to go Elven Knight. I'm not 100% sure how to properly combo all of this stuff, but it looks like the level 35 chain rush skill is key to the whole class? Also a 3 min Unicorn at level 15 is pretty sweet.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I decided to go Elven Knight. I'm not 100% sure how to properly combo all of this stuff, but it looks like the level 35 chain rush skill is key to the whole class? Also a 3 min Unicorn at level 15 is pretty sweet.

Shield launch > intercept > finish is fun and looks awesome. You can probaly slip wheel of fate after the launch too without breaking the combo.

Intercept is homing within nearby air - you can link your grab into it even despite how low it is

I have no idea what skills to skip though... I want them all and don't have enough SP.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    my guess is skip stark shield, lethal punto, guardian riding (;_;), and leave intercept at 1 point (can't chain rush it) along with skipping all of the weird defensive skills but i have to see how tight sp is at high levels and how things play with chain rush

P10 on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I cant chain intercept? Boo. Worth a point for the home on airborne and yank to ground for aure though.

I want the buffs maxed, because buffs are good.
    The walk with shield is interesting. It can be canceled into the basic launcher, so..
    Stark is completely inferior to boar rush... but a stun on 3 sec cooldown...
    I dunno, need to play with it some more.

Edit: Punto is a must take I think. Charged it picks enemies back up off the ground for more combos.
    Murderpony is the most ridiculously OP level 15 skill of any class, bar none. It's absolute stupid, it tears anything to little bits.
    Also, I'm not entirely sure intercept is unchainable? I'm wondering about a low to the ground one.

Edit 2: What does the sentence debuff do, exactly? It looks like a pseudo electrocution?

Polaritie on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    you can intercept into finish! but chain rush specifically says its ineligible

ok i got chain rush and now i immediately see what people were saying about elven knights being ridiculous. you just chain between skills and dump all of your damage super fast

P10 on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ah. Well, then I may as well just go straight to finish, which appears to more or less lock onto airborne targets and drag em down with me anyways!

Edit: Chargeable skills are REALLY awkward to use in a chain rush flow, which is a shame since Punto gets a lot of damage on downed shit and has a teeny tiny cooldown (unlike Stark Shield which can't hit downed enemies at all). For now I'm leveling things that only require one press and keep moving me back on the enemy (or have huge range) - Finish! is excellent for this, and chain rush removes the downtime at the end with MORE HITS.

I may still try to get used to Punto, since that and Disarm seem really good otherwise...

Polaritie on
  • Options
    i think the main problem i'm going to run into is having so many skills and wanting to actually use a bunch. even one point in punto or stark shield is nice to have for chain rush filler, but you run out of bar hotkeys real fast and manual inputs +chain rush seems like a pain
    maybe i'll just find one chain rush sequence that works to clown on bosses and mostly ignore it otherwise

• Options
    edited April 2015
    P10 wrote: »
    i think the main problem i'm going to run into is having so many skills and wanting to actually use a bunch. even one point in punto or stark shield is nice to have for chain rush filler, but you run out of bar hotkeys real fast and manual inputs +chain rush seems like a pain
    maybe i'll just find one chain rush sequence that works to clown on bosses and mostly ignore it otherwise

Down down space is the boss killer :P

I don't think Punto and Stark are entirely filler. Punto in particular since it procs Sentence a few times quickly. (Sentence into Punto and Deer with sword chains is going to do so much damage). Both are good for around 1000% at level 30 too.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in being a mentor/mentoree? As I understand it, the mentor gets extra FP and the mentoree gets an EXP bonus if they are both online.
    I'm usually on around 8pm Pacific-midnight Mon-Wed and randomly on weekends (it only works when both are online).

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    Don't know if its port related, but the game soft locks every time I try to change channels, is the xp bonus from being in a channel enough that I can not just stay in whatever channel I first choose?. changing characters works fine, but its just changing channels after that first one to log in comes up with a connection error and then it wont connect at all and the bottom buttons all grey out like its still searching (but you can move the mouse around and click on other channels and nothing happens).

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    channel bonus is relatively small - 5% to dungeon clear exp.
    i'd still submit a ticket to see if they can fix it but it shouldn't really impact anything

• Options
    Oh god help me. Level 35 elven and OH GOD THE SKILLS.

• Options
    im really enjoying chaos, but no free FP potions suuuucks

and buying the mileage ones feels like a waste, somehow

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If nothing else, Chaos at least gets those two summon shortcut skills to condense all their stuff onto two buttons.

Still, vine grab>sentence>anything is just murdertime.

Whenever EK is enabled for PvP... holy fuck there's no way to get away from them.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    yeah the summon buttons are great. only thing is the middle hotkey doesn't work (space)

but those are the shitty summons anyway and you dont end up using them much later on

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Am I supposed to be weaving normal attacks in with Chain Rush on my knight? I feel like I'm just mashing skills at this point...

• Options
    Not really? The short delay you get to Chain Rush after each skill gives you enough time to fit in a normal attack or two but I'd assume it'd lower your burst
    the only reason i could think that you'd really want to is if you needed the autos to maintain a juggle (perhaps in pvp?) but i think the chain rush hit restands or something weird