Options

Test Your Might [Mortal Kombat X Thread]

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Any bets on when we'll see the PC version of that patch? I'm taking next month, any suckers/optimists want to take this month?

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty much going to give up on ever being able to play this at a competitive level because lol pc version

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's going to hit whenever Tanya drops. That's what I read from a tweet by HVS, anyway.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Sweet, pretty minor adjustments, no dramatic changes, mostly bugfixes

Weird stupid OS is out, I like that

Klassic Reptile? Like, green ninja human Reptile? Fuck me, learning reptile now

Nah. Sadly he seems to be just lizardman Reptile in his MK1 Ninja clothes.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    The new Kitana move is not an overhead but it is a low that can be canceled into specials. This is good news.

But when did people online actually get good? I think I went 1 a d 25 in rooms last night, the 1 being someone who complained about how much I used throws. You can guess what I did as soon as he said that.

• Options
    The new Kitana move is not an overhead but it is a low that can be canceled into specials. This is good news.

But when did people online actually get good? I think I went 1 a d 25 in rooms last night, the 1 being someone who complained about how much I used throws. You can guess what I did as soon as he said that.

perhaps it is not they who hath gitten gud

but thine who hath gotten rekt scrub

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Can some one explain what cancels are and how they are benificial?

Or is it something the requires a lot of background knowledge?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options

Cancel (usually) means to use a special move immediately after a normal move such that the recovery frames (the part of the move where your limbs retract and you are no longer in a hitting state but a hittable one) do not happen and the startup frames of the special move happen instead.

If you press 214 with Scorpion and immediately input a teleport after the 214, the recovery frames of the high kick at the end of that string doesn't happen and instead you teleport.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Walt wrote: »

Cancel (usually) means to use a special move immediately after a normal move such that the recovery frames (the part of the move where your limbs retract and you are no longer in a hitting state but a hittable one) do not happen and the startup frames of the special move happen instead.

If you press 214 with Scorpion and immediately input a teleport after the 214, the recovery frames of the high kick at the end of that string doesn't happen and instead you teleport.

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

• Options

What was that? I don't listen to people who aren't on the most recent patch. :P

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    Trying to go as layman as possible, apologies if this is too simple, I'm not trying to talk down to anyone

Normally a move has to completely finish it's animation before you can do anything else. So you do a kick, then a fireball for example. The entire kick animation plays, then the fireball animation starts, and there's this big chunk of space in between them where the kick has stopped being active but the fireball hasn't started yet. The opponent can block during this hole. So even if the kick hit them, they can block the fireball point blank and you're probably in trouble.

Cancelling means the kick animation doesn't have to finish. The kick hits, then those dead recovery frames where you're pulling your foot back never happen, you go instantly into the fireball animation. Its beneficial because it doesn't create a hole where they can block. The fireball will hit them while they're still being hit by the kick, so it's a combo. You turned the small damage from your kick into larger damage from the kick + the fireball.

• Options
    Chris Hu can explain it better than I can

https://youtu.be/44depsi7b1E

• Options

good thing I have it on PS4 now, then

• Options
    Um.. scrub!

Damn it, I don't talk trash well. But I do have some fans for you.

• Options

So how much better is the netplay on PS4? I've been considering it, but now you get to be my PC -> PS4 guinea pig.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    What is the trick to getting fatalities with a jump in them to work? I can never get them to work unless they end in a jump, if there's a jump in the middle it never clicks

• Options
    Hold block during everything but the last input.

• Options
    Ah I see thanks

Also anyone notice that during some fatalities they forget to change the colour of dvorah and reptiles insides? Kinda lazy

• Options
    Fig-D wrote: »

So how much better is the netplay on PS4? I've been considering it, but now you get to be my PC -> PS4 guinea pig.

I've played a bunch of basically lagless matches on PS4, and a couple not very good ones. It is miles ahead of PC, at any rate.

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular

I've played a bunch of basically lagless matches on PS4, and a couple not very good ones. It is miles ahead of PC, at any rate.

i've heard the opposite.

many players i've seen (justin, ultradavid, drew grimey, honzo, etc) have said that the netplay experience on the PS4 is the worst one right now.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I should try it on X1. It was kind of iffy even after the patch, but I've heard there have been a few more improvements on that front.

And it should be over the release day jitters by now.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular

i've heard the opposite.

many players i've seen (justin, ultradavid, drew grimey, honzo, etc) have said that the netplay experience on the PS4 is the worst one right now.

most online games ive played were against people i know and it was totally fine

against randoms less so

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options

i've heard the opposite.

I refuse to believe that either the PS4 or Xbone could have worse netplay than the PC. Maybe the Xbone handles it better than the PS4, but my brain cannot accept the concept of "worse than the PC version." Inconceivable.

• Options
    I can't speak for the XB1 experience as I don't own one. Online is much much better on PS4 than PC.

But it is sort of like a grocery store cake versus a cake that someone took a shit in.

• Options
    bought Jason

I like relentless a lot, but I have a sneaking suspicion its probably the worst variation.

• Options
    It's fine as a counterpick to heavy zoning but doesn't have the big easy damage of slasher

Also I want to Jason the shit out of you sometime this week?

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Also the resurrection variant is hands down the joke option

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The resurrection variant's damage buff is the relevant thing

The extra life and heal buff are whatever, and always losing your meter between rounds is shitty

• Options
    @Knob and @Blackbeard7 add me on PSN my ID is GeneiDjinn

• Options
    I figured out some relevant relentless setups to close distance with teleport after a hard knockdown. Dunno what the hell I'm looking for as far as mixups. Command throw, tick command throw, or finish strings I guess

• Options
    Why the hell do my dlc skins never load on Xbox one. They were finicky as hell but u was usually able to reinstall and get them to work, now nothing

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I am surprised with how bad MKX's netcode is. Thought fighting game creators were finally getting the hang of it.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I am surprised with how bad MKX's netcode is. Thought fighting game creators were finally getting the hang of it.
    Fighting game creators were, Mortal Kombat is made by Netherrealm though

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Fighting game creators were, Mortal Kombat is made by Netherrealm though

WHOOOOAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

• Options
    anyone wanna play on ps4

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So there are TWO Blanche stage brutalities? One seems like a normal thing, and the other seems can only be done with Klassic Reptile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJimx41x0c4

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p-sQCUpCbg

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oh my god. They put Blanchalities into this game. That is amazing.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Apologies if this is something that's common knowledge, but I just played a little online with the faction wars stuff last night (XB1), and the tower and boss that, guess everyone in the faction kind of whittles away at are red and unusable. Is the feature off for the time being, do I have to accomplish something to open them, broken?

• Options
    i thought the faction bosses were just time based to start and lasted until someone finished it off, but i could be wrong

7yh4xczljsym.png