Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Devil May Cry 5 Announced: MY GRANDFATHER IS TOO POWERFUL

18910111214»

• TOGSolidTOGSolid I didn't choose the tiki life, the tiki life chose me Inside a bottle of rumRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Played the demo. Feels weird as heck! Gonna take a lot of time to adjust, I think. Played too much DMC4SE.

For some reason Nero's helm splitter has been remapped to back rather than forward on the stick.

I like his new reload mechanic in place of charge shot, but can't figure out if there's a way to reload and hold all three shots. Seems like the input demands you fire off the first one when you release it.

And the new Breaker mechanic is probably gonna replace holding a charge shot...

Found it pretty hard to hit SSS. Sorry for judging, gorm journos

Yeah, the first charge shot will fire as soon as you let go and the only way around that will be to remap the controls in the full game to make charge holding easier, assuming there is no control rebinding in the demo.

Apparently this demo is the older Gamescom demo and not the slightly updated one that toured around later so some things are missing/weird.

TOGSolid on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Yeah, get hyped!

TOGSolid
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Tried the demo on XB1X. Looks good, especially once the sun comes out I think. I'm very, very out of practice for DMC, I haven't been returning to a remaster or similar as I have been with Ninja Gaiden over the past decade. A little bit of framerate drops if you position the camera right, but that happens in all the earlier games too. Shaping up very nicely I think, and not as unforgiving as I expected.

Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    V's battle theme dropped and it's goth/industrial as fuck which seems super appropriate.

This is a rad theme. I imagine I'll probably play more with the other characters but I look forward to hearing this when I have to play V.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * ~ Week-Long Dance-a-thon Booty Ribbon ~ * ~
    TOGSolid
    It is important to note that in the most recent trailer, Dante has a poster of a Pizza in his office.

TOGSolidDark Raven XBurnagePLA
  • KadokenKadoken One batch, two batch, penny and hIIIIII Registered User regular
    he knows who he is
    woohoo pizza party time man

I am going to shoot this mystery with my pistol of deduction -Sherlock Holmes (Scott Benson)
    Mine TTRPG blog http://darkheresychainsofmalice.blogspot.com/
    TOGSolidmanwiththemachinegunDemonStaceyAndy Joe
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I didn't choose the tiki life, the tiki life chose me Inside a bottle of rumRegistered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/a5uvo9/i_forced_a_bot_to_watch_1000_hours_of_devil_may/?utm_source=reddit-android

"I forced a bot to watch 1,000 hours of Devil May Cry cutscenes and then write its own. Here's the result."

It's short, but as fantastic as you think it is.

manwiththemachinegunPLANo-Quarter
  • DeMoNDeMoN Registered User regular
    So Capcom is hosting a Charity Drive on their twitch channel tomorrow. A bunch of pro players from the reddit DMC community will streaming the games, and Capcom themselves will be streaming 3 hours of DMC5. Probably the different demos that they've had at shows.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    TOGSolidXerinkBRIAN BLESSED
    "Yes, this is crazy, I am content," "Hell is removed,"and "Fate is occurring" are all lines that need to appear in a future DMC.

TOGSolid
    edited December 2018
    The absolute madman can't be stopped

TOGSolid on
    BlackDragon480Dark Raven X
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Death comes to all. Even men.

manwiththemachinegun
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

V Trailer

desc wrote: »
    ~ * ~ Week-Long Dance-a-thon Booty Ribbon ~ * ~
    TOGSolid
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    V's alternate costume revealed
    jafar-aladdin-animated-disney.png

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    The absolute madman can't be stopped

Capcom really should let Little V make a song for a dlc pack

Psychotic One on
    KadokenTOGSolidBlackDragon480
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    "I am happy" and "Happy happy happy yay" are all lines that need to appear in a future DMC.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    V looks so weird to play. Wonder if he actually moves that slow as a default, or if it's just a stylish affectation for the trailers. Also can't really tell if the hair colour change is a gameplay feature or no. Is it a DT or some new polarity switching mechanic or what!?

Oh brilliant
  • RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    Looks like his hair may change when Nightmare is summoned?

Dark Raven X
    V looks so weird to play. Wonder if he actually moves that slow as a default, or if it's just a stylish affectation for the trailers. Also can't really tell if the hair colour change is a gameplay feature or no. Is it a DT or some new polarity switching mechanic or what!?

I believe his "sprint" options are all using his summons to do the work for him. He can teleport, but he doesn't seem able to actually run.

Getting quite the Noctis vibe. Also got clarification from Reddit on his colour change deal. It's... pretty fucking cool, actually.
    he uses ink to summon his demon pals. Mostly from his tattoos, but the big guy requires a little extra, so it comes from his hair dye. His natural colour is, surprise, white.

It feels like a detail they pulled over from DmC.

Oh brilliant
    TOGSolidRollsavagerGolden YakShadowfire
    The only thing that bugs me is people assuming his summons are, well, the ORIGINALS.
    It's pretty clear that Griffon at the very least is not the same character that Dante mortally wounded back in DMC1. Nightmare is *possible* since he's a demon bioweapon... but it's more likely he's just another type as well, just as Nightmare-Beta is a demon, but it's a demon that's a gun.

From a stripped down, non-JC version of the game with limited moveset:

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Nero's special looks like it destroys his arm, then he just slaps another one on. That's hilarious.

Also, I'm really digging that music.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Forza del Destino is p.good and should have been Dante's gameplay music IMO

Oh brilliant
    manwiththemachinegun
18910111214»