Devil May Cry 5 Announced: MY GRANDFATHER IS TOO POWERFUL

1282930313234»

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Vergil coming to PC, but maybe not all the other enhancements? Wouldn't assume the worst, but they never did patch the PC version of DmC with the Definitive Edition stuff that made it a much better game...

Oh brilliant
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm kind of curious how playable Vergil's DT works. When he transforms in the trailer there's a DT explosion, which I think might have bigger range than Nero's.

I think it'd have made sense if he had his old DT from 3 and 4 and the new form was his SDT, like Dante, but then they'd actually have to make a new model for the old DT.

Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I’m guessing his main DT is to summon his Doppelgänger, V is a separate thing or another option for the meter, and SDT is used similar to how Dante does it.

YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm assuming no playable Trish or Lady, which is disappointing. I'd like them to actually do something.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    TOGSolid
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Capcom, you cheeky dickwaffles. I knew you were gonna pull this off sooner or later.
    The new modes do look pretty good though. I wish Trish and Lady were playable though. They did it once before, so they already have movesets to work from. (Unless they're also planned DLC later on)

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Vergil coming to PC, but maybe not all the other enhancements? Wouldn't assume the worst, but they never did patch the PC version of DmC with the Definitive Edition stuff that made it a much better game...

It doesn't look like the Special Edition is coming to PC, which is utterly baffling. Hopefully PC gets it at a later date.

• MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    Looks like hes only getting one weapon. No extras. Just a few things tacked on like a "V" trigger.

While I appreciate the pun, was hoping for more weapons.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Mmm, I guess LDK and the shinier graphics are a nice selling point for the new consoles, and while PC could definitely do the same, maybe it's a marketing move to only deliver the standalone Vergil DLC that the PS4 and Xbone are getting, to make the new consoles look better? Or to be hopelessly optimistic, PC will get a patch for the shinier graphics and LDK and we only gotta pay for Vergil...

Also, wonder if the V transformation might just be a super move, alternative to Judgement Cut End maybe?

Bummed he's only using the Yamato, but I could see them cribbing from DmC - there Vergil had the one weapon, but holding the left or right trigger let you change stance, for heavier and slower attacks or lighter aoe type moves. He'd got that new Stinger style teleport stab in the boss fight in DMC5, could definitely use the same input as Rapid Slash but with a trigger held, y'know?

Oh brilliant
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    I'll probably eventually get the special edition but nothing on there is like must buy.

If they rebalanced and added stuff sure but this update seems pretty small.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I get tired of this double dipping.

Cantido
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Yeah. This update seems pretty barebones and most of the PS5 updates seem to be just more stuff on the screen.

Which I'm sure will be fun but also eh.

• MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    I mean. I'll get it. But meh.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Haha, oh dear. The Special Edition box art (spoilers) is hilariously bad compared to the original.

It's got it all. Awkward character placement that makes Dante look like a giant, big faces in the background, reviewer blurb on the front of the box, actiony poses because the original setup wasn't cool enough? And a NEW FUNKY VERGIL MODE tag.

YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    TamerBill
  • Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    I love this game but I've never really been a vergil fanboy. The real way to make this interesting would be to allow full coop bloody palace now that it will support crazy amounts of enemies.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I like Vergil but you've had 6 games that have involved his rivalry with Dante in some way and usually with the same powerset. Do something different.