Options

GV10 [Results] Best Comic Book Movie: Check Page 3 for results!

124»

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I'm glad Dredd got in the top 5. Support mask/helmet-on movies!

Iron Man and Dark Knight, I'm sorry. I tried.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I saw Scott Pilgrim three times on theatres, and Dredd twice.

Winter Soldier is Marvel's best film except maybe for Iron Man, I'm happy it won.

Guardians of the Galaxy is utterly generic tripe.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Worth it

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Worth it

I mean, it's no 'the cape'

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Geebs, I just want to mention that I'm enjoying your writeups for the results more than even the results themselves.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    There are so many pieces moving now that sometimes I can't even remember what I voted for by the time results hit.

I definitely gave Winter Soldier my top spot, then I think Guardians, Scott Pilgrim, Dark Knight (which was my least favorite of the Nolan films, but I felt if I split my vote I'd be throwing it away), and All-Star Superman. I'm glad someone voted for Red Hood since I wasn't able to, and just generally glad the DC Animated movies got some love. It's a shame that they haven't been very good for the last few years. Flashpoint was fun but not like... good. I'd probably have to go back all the way to All Star to find the last one I was really in love with.

Edit: Ohh shit, I think I voted for Tintin in a spot because I loved it! Hah, I can't remember my votes at all!

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Huh, Defendor got 16th, people should really check that movie out since it placed so high!

*whistles innocently*

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Damn right Dredd deserves a place in the top 5. Such a shame we'll never get a sequel.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I did not expect Snowpiercer or Dredd to do as well as they did

And Winter Soldier was my first place pick! I straight up love that movie, mostly because if you divorced it completely from superheroes or the MCU, it still completely works as a politically-charged action movie

There are very few movies on this list that I think of as "great movies" rather than "great superhero movies" and Winter Soldier is absolutely one of them

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET