Options

Kingdom Come

pvtRock001pvtRock001 Registered User new member
edited April 2007 in Graphic Violence
Anyone read it yet?
It was pretty good, I thought.
Too quick though, I finished in about an hour.
also, if anyone could give me an opinion on Batman the 1st year.

You may have beat me in Counter-Strike, but how many terms were you elected president.- Truman
pvtRock001 on

Posts

  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    pvtRock001 wrote: »
    also, if anyone could give me an opinion on Batman the 1st year.

    Batman: Year One is definitely a good read. Pick it up if you have the opportunity.

    Grifter on
  • Options
    pvtRock001pvtRock001 Registered User new member
    edited April 2007
    Thanks. I most likely will now.

    pvtRock001 on
    You may have beat me in Counter-Strike, but how many terms were you elected president.- Truman
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    pvtRock001 wrote: »
    Thanks. I most likely will now.

    Year is amazing

    but be warned, it's more of a Gordon story at heart

    Algertman on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I liked Kingdom Come, but I didn't love it. I did LOVE the art. The story was a good idea and well-executed. But somehow, for me, those aspects didn't combine into "OMG I LUV THIS COMIC SOOOO MUCH!"

    Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm usually not a big fan of supremo ultimate editions of things but Absolute Kingdom Come is one of the best things I've ever bought. I'm not really big into the DC universe, I can get by but I definitely have more knowledge of the Marvelverse. Having said that the added content in Abs Kingdom Come did so much for my understanding of the whole universe. All in all a great buy.

    SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    smokmnky on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    I didn't get into comics until just recently. A friend of mine in college was a big fan and gave me the book to read, so I did. I had no idea it was a graphic novel I just thought it was a story someone wrote (with out pictures). I enjoyed the book for the most part, I'll have to look into finding the Trade then.

    smokmnky on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Alex Ross? Pfft! My imagination can do better.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Some of the novelizations (of other comic stories) are better than the actual comics

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Some of the novelizations (of other comic stories) are better than the actual comics

    Examples?

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Some of the novelizations (of other comic stories) are better than the actual comics

    Examples?

    Crisis on Infinite Earths, Batman: Knightfall

    This isn't of an actual comic story (I think), but I've heard it's so awesome

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kingdom Come was great. I have the Spectre/Norman McKay action figure set and it rocks.

    Also, does "Justice" have anything to do with Kingdom Come? I know the art is by Alex Ross but is there any other connection between them?

    Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kingdom Come was great. I have the Spectre/Norman McKay action figure set and it rocks.

    Also, does "Justice" have anything to do with Kingdom Come? I know the art is by Alex Ross but is there any other connection between them?

    None whatsoever.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    In before Bad Karma says "If you're looking for more Kingdom Come action, pick up all the issues of the JSofA series that's out now!"

    but really it's quite good

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Kingdom Come was great. I have the Spectre/Norman McKay action figure set and it rocks.

    Also, does "Justice" have anything to do with Kingdom Come? I know the art is by Alex Ross but is there any other connection between them?

    no

    Grifter on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Some of the novelizations (of other comic stories) are better than the actual comics

    Examples?

    Crisis on Infinite Earths, Batman: Knightfall

    This isn't of an actual comic story (I think), but I've heard it's so awesome

    Batman: No mans Land.

    The Kingdom Come novel was really, really good. I can't believe all the biblical stuff I missed when reading the comic after seeing it expanded in the novel.

    And the Spider-Man: Sinister Six books are far better then any Spider-Man comics have been in years.

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    This isn't of an actual comic story (I think), but I've heard it's so awesome

    Is that...is that the Question?

    WANT SO HARD

    Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    I don't normally read novelizations of comics, but I did like No Man's Land. It helped, I think, that Greg Rucka writes actual books for a living.

    Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Some of the novelizations (of other comic stories) are better than the actual comics

    Examples?

    Crisis on Infinite Earths, Batman: Knightfall

    This isn't of an actual comic story (I think), but I've heard it's so awesome

    Batman: No mans Land.

    The Kingdom Come novel was really, really good. I can't believe all the biblical stuff I missed when reading the comic after seeing it expanded in the novel.

    And the Spider-Man: Sinister Six books are far better then any Spider-Man comics have been in years.

    I dunno, I think they'd have to be pretty damn good to top Ultimate Spidey.

    DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Some of the novelizations (of other comic stories) are better than the actual comics

    Examples?

    Crisis on Infinite Earths, Batman: Knightfall

    This isn't of an actual comic story (I think), but I've heard it's so awesome

    Batman: No mans Land.

    The Kingdom Come novel was really, really good. I can't believe all the biblical stuff I missed when reading the comic after seeing it expanded in the novel.

    And the Spider-Man: Sinister Six books are far better then any Spider-Man comics have been in years.

    I dunno, I think they'd have to be pretty damn good to top Ultimate Spidey.

    You read the books, then tell me.

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2007
    pssh, like I have time for books

    DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Geebs wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Some of the novelizations (of other comic stories) are better than the actual comics

    Examples?

    Crisis on Infinite Earths, Batman: Knightfall

    This isn't of an actual comic story (I think), but I've heard it's so awesome

    Batman: No mans Land.

    The Kingdom Come novel was really, really good. I can't believe all the biblical stuff I missed when reading the comic after seeing it expanded in the novel.

    And the Spider-Man: Sinister Six books are far better then any Spider-Man comics have been in years.

    I dunno, I think they'd have to be pretty damn good to top Ultimate Spidey.

    You read the books, then tell me.

    Are you talking Ultimate Six...or the Sinister Six here?

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Geebs wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Some of the novelizations (of other comic stories) are better than the actual comics

    Examples?

    Crisis on Infinite Earths, Batman: Knightfall

    This isn't of an actual comic story (I think), but I've heard it's so awesome

    Batman: No mans Land.

    The Kingdom Come novel was really, really good. I can't believe all the biblical stuff I missed when reading the comic after seeing it expanded in the novel.

    And the Spider-Man: Sinister Six books are far better then any Spider-Man comics have been in years.

    I dunno, I think they'd have to be pretty damn good to top Ultimate Spidey.

    You read the books, then tell me.

    Are you talking Ultimate Six...or the Sinister Six here?

    Sinister.

    By Adam Troy Castro.

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh man, I love Kingdom Come so much, but then I read The Kingdom, knowing that everyone says it is terrible but still thinking, "It can't be that bad."

    It was.

    How do you fuck that up? It's not like I like Kingdom Come any less now, but The Kingdom was practically on the opposite end of the awesome meter.

    Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Did this ever get turned into an actually paper back novel? Cause I remember reading something back in college a few years ago that had the same idea and name I think.

    Yes. Why is beyond me, but there is a novelization of the graphic novel. No, there is no reason to read it over the graphic novel.

    Some of the novelizations (of other comic stories) are better than the actual comics

    Examples?

    Crisis on Infinite Earths, Batman: Knightfall

    This isn't of an actual comic story (I think), but I've heard it's so awesome

    Knightfall made such a good book.

    skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I wonder if Jay-Z's song "Kingdom Come" took its idea from this book because he makes a lot of references to comic book characters in that song.

    skippydumptruck on
Sign In or Register to comment.