Options

[Wrestling] The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Ladders from Mars

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Has anyone ever had her/his debut on wwe tv at wrestlemania? Outside of one-time celebrity guests of course.

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had her/his debut on wwe tv at wrestlemania? Outside of one-time celebrity guests of course.

Pretty sure but I can't recall right now.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Sable, oddly enough.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Jim Ross made his debut at Wrestlemania IX.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Also Genichio Tenryu and Koji Kitao at WrestleMania 7.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »

Ah, ok, thanks. I guess you can argue to not count sable and JR because they didn't wrestle, but these two definitely count.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Ah, ok, thanks. I guess you can argue to not count sable and JR because they didn't wrestle, but these two definitely count.

Well, if you're talking about in-ring debuts, there's also Fandango.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    I think Big E. also had his in-ring debut at WrestleMania, but like Fandango he'd been on TV for some time by then.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    Yeah I was specifically thinking of not being on TV before. Was that tag match at VII promoted at all?

• Options
    Yeah I was specifically thinking of not being on TV before. Was that tag match at VII promoted at all?

Not really.

• Options
    edited March 2015

I believe not, no. From what I understand, it was mostly just something they threw together for later promotional purposes because they had a Japanese tour lined up.

David_T on
    13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    I was mainly wondering how special of a case Itami is. It's "just" the pre show and he is on nxt, but it still seems like a pretty big deal. A sizable portion of the (TV)audience might not know him at all?

• Options
    Technically I don't think the TV audience will see him, given that it's the pre-show.

I think they like giving these guys a taste of the big show feel without necessarily being a big part of it. Rusev debuted in the Royal Rumble as an NXT guy and then went back to NXT for a while before getting called up, Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss were a part of Triple H's entrance at last years WrestleMania and now Itami is part of the pre-show.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    Between 600 and 800 fans attended the Jim Ross one-man show in San Jose on Saturday. JR's special guest was Samoa Joe and it was strongly indicated that Joe is headed to WWE soon, according to F4Wonline.com.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I like the song in the wrestlemania commercials

something something shot at my ego

then it shows rollins' slimy face

perfect

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

They mentioned it when they ran down the card on "event center" segments, and the commentators mentioned it when Demolition was wrestling, but I think that's it. I don't think either Tenryu or Kitao made any televised appearances in the lead-up.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Variable wrote: »

perfect

Yeah, that song is actually really hype. The lyrics work great for a big match feel.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

Kevin Nash may have been a dick to the cruiserweights in WCW, but it's good that he learned from that and was just helping guys who wanted to do well in TNA. Maybe because there wasn't pressure to be as big of a deal or he didn't care anymore. Regardless the Paparazzi Productions stuff was awesome.

• Options
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Those hair extensions aren't even near the same color of his hair!

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    come for the Undertaker's weird hair extensions

stay for the random pre-Godfather Godfather cameo

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Wrestlemania!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    More crazy Undertaker as Master of Pain (Master Pain?) footage without hair extensions!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9LDFi88Q30c

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    CBRML2zUkAAWK3E.jpg

Security banning Steiner from the Hall, smdh

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Wrestlemania!

I haven't been this excited in a long time. I feel like a kid

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    Wrestlemania!

FINALLY

• Options
    I bet Jimmy Jacobs is chomping at the bits to pitch a new Wyatt Family to Vince.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    I started watching wrestling again weekly after WM30 so this is my first real year of watching. I'm super stoked, I've got my chicken fries and booze situation taken care of!

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Nooooooooooooooooooo! I'm not going to be able to watch live (have to cover a shift at work). :( looks like I'll be bowing out of the thread until I can watch it. Happy Wrestlemania day!

• Options
    I'm starting to regret picking Roman. Just a feeling.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Honestly, I'm sticking with it. Every time I think WWE might actually swallow their pride and switch direction, I'm wrong. So I'm going to bank on them having their heads up their assets tonight.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options

Honestly, I'm sticking with it. Every time I think WWE might actually swallow their pride and switch direction, I'm wrong. So I'm going to bank on them having their heads up their assets tonight.

I think the ESPN announcement might has cinched it for Brock retaining. Vince probably figures after that it's better to let Brock win due to the publicity.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I want them to pay off the 'no one can beat lesnar' thing by having someone beat lesnar. Even if it's not someone other people would like to see do it, I'm into it. Stick to your guns, show us the story you wanted to tell this whole time.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The Betman wrote: »
    I want them to pay off the 'no one can beat lesnar' thing by having someone beat lesnar. Even if it's not someone other people would like to see do it, I'm into it. Stick to your guns, show us the story you wanted to tell this whole time.

They can pay off that story later. The negatives of Roman winning and Brock losing now are too big and I think WWE realizes it.

• Options

I think the ESPN announcement might has cinched it for Brock retaining. Vince probably figures after that it's better to let Brock win due to the publicity.

I feel like they would have kept the signing secret if they planned to have Brock retain. Can you imagine the intrigue if Brock won the main event of Mania on his "last" night in the company? Everyone would be talking about Wrestlemania on Monday.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I picked roman to win because that way I can be either right or happy

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I assume "all of them" meant "all the ones defended on the show"

I guess? But there are only four to be defended on the show (WHT, IC, US, and Tag), and before "All of them" is "Four or More," so which one would you pick in that case?

On another note: Is it just me, or did HBK's speech (and maybe some of Nash's) seem to basically confirm all the bad stuff we've heard about Vince over the years?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

perfect

Yeah, that song is actually really hype. The lyrics work great for a big match feel.

MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY

This discussion has been closed.