The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Star Wars: Armada] Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

1101112131416»

Posts

  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    No lie, the only part of getting another ISD that worries me is having to put together another hanger for them. They are awesome and perfect but very time consuming.

    I should know... *sadface*

    JzICqlJh.jpg

    iLaXVZ7.png
    Steam & NNID - Athenor // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    I'm blogging about my experiences purging my toy collection... read about it here!
    crimsoncoyoteElvenshaeFuselageHexDexAlbino BunnyTurksonPolaritieitalianranma
  • PACherrnPACherrn Registered User regular
    Today I finally managed to get use out of the imperial raider. The main focus of my build was the Gladiator flanked by two imperial raiders, all three with intel officer crew, and assault concussion missiles. Fleet admiral was Screed. Started the above three at speed 3 and surged in, and completely shredded his entire fleet. The idea was to use Screed to repeatedly trigger assault concussion missiles, which causes 1 damage to hull zones adjacent to the zone attacked, whilst using the intel officers to take brace out of the fight. The two raiders alone destroyed his Pelta and his Assault Frigate, whilst they stripped ALL of the shields entirely off his Nebulon B Yavaris, leaving the gladiator to finish it off.

    At the end of the game he had killed off 1 raider, and killed about 121 points in total. I had killed 330 something points of his.

    Which was great! That said though, I still think it is difficult to find a place for the raider, as its defense isn't built to withstand the range you need to get your offense to bear. I like its rebel counterpart the cr-90 a lot more, since it offers so many more options.

    crimsoncoyoteTurkson
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited September 18
    Just got into a star wars debate with a friend. The Empire goes through all the trouble of making it look like desert nomads shot up a Jawa crawler to cover up the fact that stormtroopers did it.

    The same Empire who just gave zero fucks about blowing up an entire planet just to show the whole galaxy that they could.

    MrBody on
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Just got into a star wars debate with a friend. The Empire goes through all the trouble of making it look like desert nomads shot up a Jawa crawler to cover up the fact that stormtroopers did it.

    The same Empire who just gave zero fucks about blowing up an entire planet just to show the whole galaxy that they could.

    Tell him that this happens all the time with large governments such as the Empire. The local Empire government on Tatooine likes to keep the locals confused. So they do a lot of frame jobs to keep the locals at each other's throats. Makes it easier to rule them.

    Then hope your friend doesn't bring up the fact that Obi Wan mentions that the blaster shots are too precise which is what gave them away.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 61 Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    Just got into a star wars debate with a friend. The Empire goes through all the trouble of making it look like desert nomads shot up a Jawa crawler to cover up the fact that stormtroopers did it.

    The same Empire who just gave zero fucks about blowing up an entire planet just to show the whole galaxy that they could.

    Tell him that this happens all the time with large governments such as the Empire. The local Empire government on Tatooine likes to keep the locals confused. So they do a lot of frame jobs to keep the locals at each other's throats. Makes it easier to rule them.

    Then hope your friend doesn't bring up the fact that Obi Wan mentions that the blaster shots are too precise which is what gave them away.

    Racism is racism, even when it's Space Racism though.
    The average moisture farming yokel is going to do exactly what Luke did and jump to the same conclusion. "It looks like Sandpeople did this, all right. Look, here are Gaffi sticks, Bantha tracks", but most of them aren't going to have an experienced general/jedi master with them to point out all the parts that don't fit the Sandpeople's MO.

    So, it's not going to be too hard to convince the average Tatooine native that the Sandpeople are getting ready to go to war with the Jawas and everybody should be keeping their heads down while the Storm Troopers march in and sort everything out (by killing everyone that doesn't keep their head down).

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    BetsuniFuselageKetar
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    Just got into a star wars debate with a friend. The Empire goes through all the trouble of making it look like desert nomads shot up a Jawa crawler to cover up the fact that stormtroopers did it.

    The same Empire who just gave zero fucks about blowing up an entire planet just to show the whole galaxy that they could.

    Tell him that this happens all the time with large governments such as the Empire. The local Empire government on Tatooine likes to keep the locals confused. So they do a lot of frame jobs to keep the locals at each other's throats. Makes it easier to rule them.

    Then hope your friend doesn't bring up the fact that Obi Wan mentions that the blaster shots are too precise which is what gave them away.

    Racism is racism, even when it's Space Racism though.
    The average moisture farming yokel is going to do exactly what Luke did and jump to the same conclusion. "It looks like Sandpeople did this, all right. Look, here are Gaffi sticks, Bantha tracks", but most of them aren't going to have an experienced general/jedi master with them to point out all the parts that don't fit the Sandpeople's MO.

    So, it's not going to be too hard to convince the average Tatooine native that the Sandpeople are getting ready to go to war with the Jawas and everybody should be keeping their heads down while the Storm Troopers march in and sort everything out (by killing everyone that doesn't keep their head down).

    That makes a better reasoning than mine. I'd go with this.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Fuselage
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Tattooine isn't part of the Empire. It's part of Hutt space.

    So, they're likely trying to avoid annoying the Hutts (and their "trade cartels") by making it look like the wanton slaughter of a bunch of protection-paying tax-paying locals was a purely internal matter.

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    crimsoncoyote
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 61 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Tattooine isn't part of the Empire. It's part of Hutt space.

    So, they're likely trying to avoid annoying the Hutts (and their "trade cartels") by making it look like the wanton slaughter of a bunch of protection-paying tax-paying locals was a purely internal matter.

    Is it? I thought there was an imperial garrison there making it "officially" part of the Empire, but the part that's generally ignored for all intents and purposes.
    I could be wrong, or that might be old EU.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Tattooine isn't part of the Empire. It's part of Hutt space.

    So, they're likely trying to avoid annoying the Hutts (and their "trade cartels") by making it look like the wanton slaughter of a bunch of protection-paying tax-paying locals was a purely internal matter.

    Is it? I thought there was an imperial garrison there making it "officially" part of the Empire, but the part that's generally ignored for all intents and purposes.
    I could be wrong, or that might be old EU.

    It was considered part of the Empire with just a garrison there. In the new EU Jabba was negotiating with the Empire (aka giving supplies) and knows that as long as he plays nice with them he is allowed to do whatever he wants. This was in both the new Star Wars comics and Darth Vader series.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    Also like, those stormtroopers are low levels guys carrying out their standard orders.

    They would not know that some super high ranked guy would then later order a planet blown up. They probably didn't even know the deathstar existed!

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    crimsoncoyote
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    Well, fuck.

    I was looking forward to a tournament, but it turns out it is this Sunday... when I have to travel 6 hours away for a conference. So.. no participating in that. :(

    And I had just printed up some really sweet 3D trays too.

    iLaXVZ7.png
    Steam & NNID - Athenor // 3DS: 3883-5283-0471
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    I'm blogging about my experiences purging my toy collection... read about it here!
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Do anyone else's Rebel Transports fit in their stands really loosely?

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • PACherrnPACherrn Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Do anyone else's Rebel Transports fit in their stands really loosely?

    Mine fit alright. My problem seems to be with my nebulon B's, which slip out as soon as I lift them.

    One a sidenote, I flew a Screed-fleet made up of an ISD 1 with the Avenger title and XI7's, and two VSD 2's with overload pulse, XI7's, all three with gunnery teams, with a Bossk tacked on for minimal squadron presence, against my friend who flew and MC80 alongside a MC30, a CR90 and a rebel transport, some squadrons, and with Ackbar as the commander. The game got really spectacular in the third round, when I got into his side-arcs, and he got into my front-arcs. The ability to get a guaranteed crit from Screed is just so good, since his MC80 got obliterated in that round when I activated one VSD, exhausted all of his defense tokens with Overload pulse, and then activated my ISD right after. Avenger title means defender can't use exhausted defense tokens.

    I think Screed is by far my favourite imperial commander so far.

    (ps @Elvenshae let's do a SW rp campaign again :D )

    ElvenshaeFuselagecrimsoncoyote
Sign In or Register to comment.