Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Star Wars: Armada] Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

1121314151618»

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Planning on it.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Elvenshae
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @italianranma

We can use this discord link for voice chat, if you'd like: https://discord.gg/UzrR5r

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • FuselageFuselage Bantha Three ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Unable tonight, sorry I didn't see this earlier! This whole long weekend I'll be unavailable. :sad:

Just wanted to say that Elvenshae is a gentleman and a scholar and I feel equipped now to try playing this game in person with a few of my friends with beers.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    FuselageBetsuniElvenshaeNipscrimsoncoyote38thDoewebguy20
    Thanks, mate! You're making me blush!

Oh, no, wait - that's just flashback from my turbolasers.

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Fuselageitalianranmawebguy20Polaritie
  • webguy20webguy20 Registered User regular
    Someone give me a run-down of the game!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Fuselage
    Easily the most exciting part was Elvenshae patiently navigating me through installing Vassal going as far as explaining the difference between JRE and JAVA. After that I sort of followed my heart in the tutorial game and was brutalized by a salvo from the Victory-class destroyer I just barely clipped medium range of. I think I set myself up for success in the following round to start getting into that juicy rear arc with my ships but I think barring some miracle my CR90 was toast.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    ElvenshaeFuselagecrimsoncoyote38thDoe
    edited August 31
    Yeah, we ran the learn-to-play scenario, after dealing with the inevitable difficulties of actually getting Armada on Vassal up-and-running. There really needs to be some kind of ... I dunno, Lazy Newb Pack-equivalent for that. :D It's way more fiddly than it should be.

My Vic2 missed one-shotting the Corvette by 1 point, successfully damaging the CR90's munitions (which would have partially defanged it for the rest of the match). Really lucked out in that I had 1 Accuracy, which I used to prevent the 'vette from Redirecting, and the 'vette's Evade token rerolled my 2-damage red die into ... a 2-damage red die. Ouch. On IR's turn, the NebB splashed some fire on my shields, and I bounced them around to my rear arc, leaving it shieldless but without anybody who could shoot at it immediately.

The fighters, meanwhile, engaged in a bloodbath - the NebB and the 'vette both executed Squadron commands, allowing 3 X-Wings to move up and engage all of my TIEs. One TIE squadron got dropped to a single hit point, and another one got immediately deleted. Luckily for me, the X-Wings attacks were amazingly Accurate, which meant my TIEs were completely prevented from spending tons of defense tokens they didn't have. :D When it was my TIE's turn, though, they made excellent use of their Swarm ability to sneak an extra point or two of damage through, resulting in 2 X-Wing squadrons being sent packing.

Then, we called the game because it was getting late. :D I meant to take a screenshot, but forgot.

ED: Forgot to mention, what was possibly the most fun was talking through various moves, and explaining how or why I was doing something, or why I'd pick a particular die to reroll, or ... Etc.

Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    italianranmawebguy20
  • webguy20webguy20 Registered User regular
    Well as the fall sets in I'd be up for some Armada over vassal.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Elvenshae
    Anyone up to play tonight? 2030ish Eastern?

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    I'm flying nights the next two weeks, BUT I'm pleased to announce my Quasar showed up today, so I'm definitely taking a picture of my Imperial border garrison tomorrow.

ElvenshaeBetsuni
    So, it looks like I'll be able to play tonight, again starting 2030ish Eastern.

Anyone interested?

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    I have to wash my hair.

(Actually, I have not have much time lately to play on my PC. Which sucks since I found it fun playing Armada. Wish they made a mobile version of Vassal or something like that.)

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Elvenshae
    Still on nights this week. I need to learn a damn thing about this game, but you know several of us would be all over a PbP like @DaMoonRulz's Vassal HotAC.

edited September 11
    Fuselage wrote: »
    Still on nights this week. I need to learn a damn thing about this game, but you know several of us would be all over a PbP like DaMoonRulz's Vassal HotAC.

Huh.

I wonder if there's a way to set up some kind of ... double-blind? ... game, where each group only gets their own updates and needs to plan their turns slightly more in advance ...

Maybe start out with just a basic game (ed: not a double-blind game) with ... 4 players, 2v2? Might be hard because of the far-more-flexible movement rules in Armada (you don't plan your movement for ships in advance, just your speed, and fighters can go wherever-the-heck-they-want) ...

Would anyone else be interested in me refereeing something like that?

Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Fuselage
    I think that would be really cool! PMs or Discord could work for that, I think.

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Fuselagesee317
    Hrm ... Might be available for some Friday Night Armada, 2030ish+ Eastern again, if anyone's up for it.

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Anyone up for a Vassal game tomorrow night (Wednesday)? Starting 2030ish Eastern.

omgbfz5lzi1s.png