As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Better thread title suggestions by fax only...

Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
edited March 2015 in Social Entropy++
I'll get the ball rolling with a few recommendations....

WTF with Marc Maron-One of the best interviewers out there. If you can get past the constant neurosis and self-doubt, this comedian-hosted podcast towers over the glut of other comedy podcasts.

This week is with the actor who played Christa-phuh on The Sopranos, Michael Imperioli.

Isometric-A videogame podcast that focuses on current games, but also discusses deeper issues that affect the industry, like sexism and representation. 2 of the 4 hosts you might know are Brianna Wu and Maddy Myers.

Good Job, Brain!-A cool trivia podcast with a different topic each week. It's a bit like an American-style QI.

Good Looking Fat Guy on

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Giantbomb.com hosts the Giant Bombcast, a podcast about video games

You should go to there

Incidentally, they just put up an review of Axiom Verge and its 5 stars

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Hey folks! Since this is a podcast thread and I DM a podcast, I'm gonna drop a link.

http://www.thatdndpodcast.com/episodes/32
    Quick synopsis of events so far
    Party (Wreckateers) has become the town saviors several times over for a city named Axis, the biggest city in the continent.
    They've stopped an incursion of Orcus cultists, headed to another town and won the fighting tournament and then shortly thereafter deposing the corrupt as hell leader.
    They came back to Axis and found out there was all sorts of bad shit going on in town and that pretty much from the beginning folks have been making blood sacrifices to some bad dudes (elder gods!)
    Now they're working out a way to take care of said elder god. Most of the other gods are a bit terrified of it. So that'll be fun.

If anyone wants to give us a listen, feel free! Let me know what you think. Always looking for listener input and questions and critiques and such.

If you enjoy it, we'd love it if you subscribed. We drop a new episode every monday and have been going since May of 2014, so there's some listening material if you are interested in D&D or listening to people talk about things.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Shortly into this week's Comedy Bang Bang, Thomas Middleditch morphs into a Bob Odenkirk character

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    So... I need to research Vikings, for novel-writing reasons.

I figure one good way is to get a bunch of history podcasts and absorb the information.

Any suggestions for good history podcasts that cover the Vikings?

• Options
    Geth what does agreeing even mean in this context

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    you are geth

Langly on
  • Options
    just watch vikings, the show about vikings, starring vikings killing the english

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So... I need to research Vikings, for novel-writing reasons.

I figure one good way is to get a bunch of history podcasts and absorb the information.

Any suggestions for good history podcasts that cover the Vikings?

Just get a newspaper subscription and read that Hagar the Horrible comic every day. You'll be 'inspired' in no time!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    B-but what if I need inspiration AND truefacts?

Also... Hagar the Horrible? I'm in the UK, is that even a thing here?

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I know plenty of people who would be happy to provide you with a detailed historical account of the vikings, particularly about the endless struggle between them and their fiercest competitors, the packers of Green Bay.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    B-but what if I need inspiration AND truefacts?

Also... Hagar the Horrible? I'm in the UK, is that even a thing here?

http://hagarthehorrible.com/

All those furlongs or whatever you just saved on a newspaper subscription?
    I'll take those off your hands.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that furlongs are a measure of distance!

• Options
    I'm pretty sure that furlongs are a measure of distance!

I think he meant "furloughs".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    no those are the skins of any mammal that lives underground.

• Options
    This week's CBB gets you all the fun of Kumail Nanjiani without all the smugness of Jonah Ray, making it basically perfect

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PovauO8r0IE
    Travis Gets His MBMBaM/MaxFunDrive Tattoo

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I don't understand the nail polish. I know he's talked about it before, but it doesn't seem to fit his personality.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    This week's CBB gets you all the fun of Kumail Nanjiani without all the smugness of Jonah Ray, making it basically perfect

I have met Jonah in person and he is legit one of the nicest dudes I have ever met

so's Kumail actually

but the Jonah smugness really seems to be part of his stage persona, which is weird

YaYa on
  • Options
    cornell wrote: »

I don't understand the nail polish. I know he's talked about it before, but it doesn't seem to fit his personality.

Yeah, I don't understand nail polish, period. That said, I don't really need to understand other people's fashion choices. As long as they're happy with how they look, it's all cool.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I love Kumail, so happy to hear him back on CBB.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I love Travis' nail polish thing.

I don't really get it, I guess, but it's totally great.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    And Axiom Verge is the first game that makes me wish I had a PS4 or Vita.

No I don't.
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    cornell wrote: »

I don't see how it doesn't

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I like it.

I don't think there's anything really to "get" about it. If he likes it that's cool. Anyone can wear whatever color nail polish they want.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    [podcasts] really whips the llama's ass

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Let me tell you about my sick skin that makes winamp look like OS X

• Options
    oh my god Paul F Tompkins was really only on this week's CBB for 5 minutes at the very beginning

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Let me tell you about my sick skin that makes winamp look like OS X

Tru fans still use 2.x

signature.png

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    People were talking about the Daily Show in the last few pages of the last thread so it seems relevant to mention that they announced his successor, Trevor Noah. His stand-up special is very funny and he's a sharp guy, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

He's also nowhere near big enough to be bringing in his own writing staff, so I expect everyone will keep their jobs unless they don't want them anymore.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    People were talking about the Daily Show in the last few pages of the last thread so it seems relevant to mention that they announced his successor, Trevor Noah. His stand-up special is very funny and he's a sharp guy, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

He's also nowhere near big enough to be bringing in his own writing staff, so I expect everyone will keep their jobs unless they don't want them anymore.

Awesome, thanks admanb!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Yeah, I would imagine he's just going to slide right in with pretty much the same staff

Maybe bring some people he knows from South Africa, but I don't think he'd come in and clean house

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I also really hope Stewart follows through on his idea of being a contributor/guest correspondent, because that would be amazing.

• Options
    I would love if he was just the Bill Murray of Colbert's Late Show

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    This is a comment about a podcast???

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    I would love if he was just the Bill Murray of Colbert's Late Show

what?

• Options
    Bill Murray just shows up on Letterman whenever he feels like it and does whatever he wants

I want Jon Stewart to do that on Colbert's show

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Stewart being excited about Trevor Noah definitely makes me feel better.

I'm still kinda surprised at myself about how much Stewart leaving the Daily Show bums me out, especially since I don't even get around to watching it that much anymore.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Brad please the floor has not yet been opened for questions

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    can't wait for the giant bomb CBB crossover ep

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.