Options

[Podcasts] Better thread title suggestions by fax only...

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    toukiden rules, hth

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Bombcast is up and the first 30 minutes is wrestling discussion

We're over the hill here

Giant bomb is a wrestling website

It made me so happy. Though I think I liked Wrestlemania a lot more than Jeff.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Bombcast is up and the first 30 minutes is wrestling discussion

We're over the hill here

Giant bomb is a wrestling website

It made me so happy. Though I think I liked Wrestlemania a lot more than Jeff.

Without even knowing that much about you I can guess you like most stuff more than Jeff.

Speaking of...what's up with the Bombcast crew hating That 70s Show?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    jeff's opinions on triple h's entrance have been noted and dismissed

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Paul F. Tompkins picks his favorite podcast episodes he's appeared on
    The way we’re doing it with Spontaneantion is I get a question to kick things off that comes from the previous guest. The person submitting the question doesn’t know who’s going to be answering it, and the person answering the question doesn’t know who is submitting it. The questions so far really run that gamut. Some of them are really deep questions, and some of them are just absurd questions. It’s been such a fun way to start that conversation. It straddles the line between an earnest interview—because I can’t help but to want to know more about the people that I’m talking to—and an opportunity to make jokes.

And then that will inform the improv. And that, to me, is the newest thing: It’s a narrative improv. So as opposed to Improv For Humans or something like that—it’s not short scenes, it’s one story that’s told over the course of a couple segments. That’s the thing that’s most exciting, because it’s the biggest challenge for me. I’m getting people that are very seasoned improvisers, and I’m the new guy, and I am throwing myself into this thing, and it’s a crash course in improv for me. It’s drawing on all of this stuff that I’ve learned from doing improv on podcasts: From working with Superego, from working with the people that I work with on The Thrilling Adventure Hour. I’m finally getting to do this, putting all of that knowledge to work, and learning new things every time.

The first episode of Spontaneanation is now available, with Busy Phillipps, Craig Cakowski, Matt Gourley, and Janet Varney

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    STOP THE PRESSES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhfHM3jlKnU

NEW STRONG BAD EMAIL

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The way we’re doing it with Spontaneantion is I get a question to kick things off that comes from the previous guest. The person submitting the question doesn’t know who’s going to be answering it, and the person answering the question doesn’t know who is submitting it. The questions so far really run that gamut. Some of them are really deep questions, and some of them are just absurd questions. It’s been such a fun way to start that conversation. It straddles the line between an earnest interview—because I can’t help but to want to know more about the people that I’m talking to—and an opportunity to make jokes.

And then that will inform the improv. And that, to me, is the newest thing: It’s a narrative improv. So as opposed to Improv For Humans or something like that—it’s not short scenes, it’s one story that’s told over the course of a couple segments. That’s the thing that’s most exciting, because it’s the biggest challenge for me. I’m getting people that are very seasoned improvisers, and I’m the new guy, and I am throwing myself into this thing, and it’s a crash course in improv for me. It’s drawing on all of this stuff that I’ve learned from doing improv on podcasts: From working with Superego, from working with the people that I work with on The Thrilling Adventure Hour. I’m finally getting to do this, putting all of that knowledge to work, and learning new things every time.

The first episode of Spontaneanation is now available, with Busy Phillipps, Craig Cakowski, Matt Gourley, and Janet Varney

Just finished listening to the first ep and thought it was fantastic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    "it's only fake unless enough of you will buy one"

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    ahahahahah

the reaction jeff made to a game described as "monster hunter crossed with dynasty warriors" fucking knocked me on my ass

What... what game is this? I might want to play it...

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

I really liked it, and I hope Matt Gourley is in every episode

That guy has a direct friggin line to my funny bone

• Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »

I really liked it, and I hope Matt Gourley is in every episode

That guy has a direct friggin line to my funny bone

I really enjoyed Janet Varney, I didn't know she did improv!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    hopefully that turns out well. Andy Daly and Lauren Lapkus have shown that CBB character spinoffs can go either way

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options

I love board games!

I also have no idea who that is!

It's Harry Crane from Mad Men

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    He's also the voice of the player character in the indie MOBA Firewatch

• Options
    I don't know about either of those things either

but that's on me

• Options
    http://read-weep.com/#!/episode.php/diva-1981
    A diva is a French version of a hustler.

Eccentric French artists and the 80s. Two great tastes that taste confusing but fun together.

Diva was a sponsorship from somebody who wanted us to have a treat. And we did. It's weird, it's cool, it's romantic, it's exciting, it's nonsensical, it's pro-stalking, I mean there really are a million things going on. And that makes for a great podcast. Thanks, Sponsor Dave and newest Meat Buddy Chris. You're the Divas of Tanya's two hearts.

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    qq87tiuhm1ra.png

I wonder is Patrick/Vinny/Alex will make an appearance?

• Options
    They have already said Vinny and Alex are flying out for it

I have no actual confirmation on this but I am telling you right now Patrick ain't gonna be on it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I have a feeling it will be a while before we see patrick

Considering the chat and questions he gets on all his shows he needs to spend some time building his own "brand"

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    He didn't even go to PAX East or GDC

He ain't flying all the way across the country to do a thing for his old job

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah I would expect to see him doing GB things for events he is also at, like E3

Flying across the country for a one time thing does seem rather unlikely.

I absolutely see him being an active E3 guest, though.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean

he might skype in

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GB D&D in 15 minutes

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    the real question is can Drew get away with shooting an arrow down a CBS hallway again

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    the real question is can Drew get away with shooting an arrow down a CBS hallway again

I doubt it

They even made them clean up all those boxes

Although, that reminds me I never saw the last BLLSL.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    The Anime Spoilercast has returned, with @Somestickguy sharing his thoughts on two of the recently concluded Anime series Parasyte and Your Lie in April. We also discuss Stick's progress report on Evangelion and JoJo, the debate on whether every show should have two openings, and what notable shows there are for the newest season.

http://shoutengine.com/SouthFigaroPodcast/episode-29-anime-spoilercast-6-parasyteyour-lie-8080

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Decided to give oh no Ross and Carrie a shot

It's striking me as sort of... Mean spirited

I'm gonna listen to a few more though

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Like I'm listening to the Mormon episodes and like, I have no love for the Mormon religion

But they keep insisting that they're coming at it with an open minded spirit but they're so clearly not

It doesn't feel like they're investigating the religion to find out what it's like to join and it doesn't feel like they're putting forward a cohesive argument against Mormonism

It just feels like they're being emotionally manipulative of a bunch of Mormons and asking them questions that they know they won't be able to answer and then sharing the experience so people can point and laugh at those dumb believers

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Xavier Woods should be a guest on the Bombcast at some point.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Like I'm listening to the Mormon episodes and like, I have no love for the Mormon religion

But they keep insisting that they're coming at it with an open minded spirit but they're so clearly not

It doesn't feel like they're investigating the religion to find out what it's like to join and it doesn't feel like they're putting forward a cohesive argument against Mormonism

It just feels like they're being emotionally manipulative of a bunch of Mormons and asking them questions that they know they won't be able to answer and then sharing the experience so people can point and laugh at those dumb believers

Oh wow

Well that sounds like something I should avoid like the plague

....Or listen to, because apparently I'm curious about things I know will make me mad

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    To talk about more delightful podcasts

In my journey through the MBMBAM backlog I was made aware of "Losing the Sheen", a short podcast Justin recorded with his wife Sydnee when they attempted to watch Two and a Half Men after Sheen left (they'd never watched any of it before)

They work so well together as hosts that now I feel like I HAVE to pick up Sawbones

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I've listened to the Mormon episode of Ross and Carrie
    I'm less interested in the religious ones though and more when they investigate the fringe science stuff, that's my jam and they additionally seem a lot better suited to discussing that kind of thing anyway

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    To talk about more delightful podcasts

In my journey through the MBMBAM backlog I was made aware of "Losing the Sheen", a short podcast Justin recorded with his wife Sydnee when they attempted to watch Two and a Half Men after Sheen left (they'd never watched any of it before)

They work so well together as hosts that now I feel like I HAVE to pick up Sawbones

Sawbones is fantastic. They also had a TV podcast called Satellite Dish, you should listed to the episodes about Tyra Banks' novel "Modelland".

Everyone should listen to those episodes.

• Options
    Did anyone else watch GB Unplugged yesterday?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yes. It wasn't bad! Rorie needs to be a far more organized DM, that might help him be more engaging. It went much smoother than last time though, by the end everyone seemed to be having some fun with it. Especially Dan.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I can't listen to Sawbones, it freaks me out

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.