Options

[Podcasts] Better thread title suggestions by fax only...

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yes. It wasn't bad! Rorie needs to be a far more organized DM, that might help him be more engaging. It went much smoother than last time though, by the end everyone seemed to be having some fun with it. Especially Dan.

I loved it because of this

Dan really seemed to enjoy it and that was a blast

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I can't listen to Sawbones, it freaks me out

like just from a "wow that's fucked up" perspective?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    -SPI- wrote: »
    To talk about more delightful podcasts

In my journey through the MBMBAM backlog I was made aware of "Losing the Sheen", a short podcast Justin recorded with his wife Sydnee when they attempted to watch Two and a Half Men after Sheen left (they'd never watched any of it before)

They work so well together as hosts that now I feel like I HAVE to pick up Sawbones

Sawbones is fantastic. They also had a TV podcast called Satellite Dish, you should listed to the episodes about Tyra Banks' novel "Modelland".

Everyone should listen to those episodes.

Making people listen to Modelland is my favorite thing to do. I just like to watch their face as Sydnee tells Justin more about the book.

"What?"

"...What did she just say?!"

Sassori on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Medical stuff grosses me the hell out

ESPECIALLY old-timey procedures where they didn't know "boy we're really screwing this person up"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yes. It wasn't bad! Rorie needs to be a far more organized DM, that might help him be more engaging. It went much smoother than last time though, by the end everyone seemed to be having some fun with it. Especially Dan.

I loved it because of this

Dan really seemed to enjoy it and that was a blast

I was half expecting a Vinny moment from the last time they played D&D when Dan decided he was going to throw his sword there.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options

ESPECIALLY old-timey procedures where they didn't know "boy we're really screwing this person up"

The only one of these that fucked me up was the Glachoma one

• Options
    OH MY GOD LOOK AT TRAVIS IN THAT PICTURE

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular

The only one of these that fucked me up was the Glachoma one

The tooth removal one was fucked.

Tooth-key. Tooth-key.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Like I'm listening to the Mormon episodes and like, I have no love for the Mormon religion

But they keep insisting that they're coming at it with an open minded spirit but they're so clearly not

It doesn't feel like they're investigating the religion to find out what it's like to join and it doesn't feel like they're putting forward a cohesive argument against Mormonism

It just feels like they're being emotionally manipulative of a bunch of Mormons and asking them questions that they know they won't be able to answer and then sharing the experience so people can point and laugh at those dumb believers

Oh wow

Well that sounds like something I should avoid like the plague

....Or listen to, because apparently I'm curious about things I know will make me mad

to be fair the ending made it

slightly better

they came clean with the missionaries they'd been jerking around and had a big long talk with them and agreed to continue meeting with each other and discussing stuff without the pretense that they were at all interested in converting to Mormonism

• Options
    So somehow today's WTF has a 10-minute phone interview with Mick Jagger

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I love medical history. One of my favorite courses in college was about the history of disease.

Sawbones is like, tailor made for me. Except sometimes I am already familiar with the topic, and I'm more familiar with it than Sydnee is.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Like I'm listening to the Mormon episodes and like, I have no love for the Mormon religion

But they keep insisting that they're coming at it with an open minded spirit but they're so clearly not

It doesn't feel like they're investigating the religion to find out what it's like to join and it doesn't feel like they're putting forward a cohesive argument against Mormonism

It just feels like they're being emotionally manipulative of a bunch of Mormons and asking them questions that they know they won't be able to answer and then sharing the experience so people can point and laugh at those dumb believers

Oh wow

....Or listen to, because apparently I'm curious about things I know will make me mad

slightly better

they came clean with the missionaries they'd been jerking around and had a big long talk with them and agreed to continue meeting with each other and discussing stuff without the pretense that they were at all interested in converting to Mormonism

How long were they jerking them around for?

As someone who's been on the other end of that kind of stuff I'm getting irritated just thinking about it

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

Oh wow

slightly better

As someone who's been on the other end of that kind of stuff I'm getting irritated just thinking about it

i dunno the timeframe but they didn't come clean until after being baptized but before being confirmed

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    GBEast is streaming bloodborne

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Bloodborne is just going to destroy vinny

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

or will vinny destroy bloodborne

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Oh wow

slightly better

i dunno the timeframe but they didn't come clean until after being baptized but before being confirmed

That seems like a pretty long fucking time.

I was going to check out that podcast but those people seem like giant assholes.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

Cant become a walking meat shield and chug through attacks in bloodborne

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    vinny playing souls games is what the internet was made for

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

Chugging is still totally possible

Its just more expensive

He will have to learn dodging though, yes

To date im unsure if any of the GB people understand how invincibility frames workwork in those games

Dan kept talking about rolling under attacks

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Vinny is actually really fucking good at staggering dudes.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    How do invincibility frames work?

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The Sawbones episodes about lobotomy and hysteria are probably the only ones that outright horrified me

I expected the lobotomy one to be bad, but i was not aware of the etymology of the word hysteria before listening to that episode and holy fuck

• Options
    They are animation frames where you are invicible

So while you dash there are points where you cant get hit

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Chugging is still totally possible

Its just more expensive

He will have to learn dodging though, yes

To date im unsure if any of the GB people understand how invincibility frames workwork in those games

Dan kept talking about rolling under attacks

A lot of people think this is what's happening in souls games

or any game with a dodge roll

• Options
    edited April 2015
    They are animation frames where you are invicible

So while you dash there are points where you cant get hit

See that is what I figured but I thought there might be more to it.

I remember brad kind of explaining that to Dan. Or if might have been Jason.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It isn't just not get hurt, though

Critically, attacks that hit iframes pass through you

The key to Souls dodging isn't avoiding attacks, it is timing your dodges correctly so the attack passes through your character harmlessly.

It is actually very much of a rhythm, and with only perhaps two exceptions relies much more on that than pure reflex.

My reflexes are shitty garbage so that is a huge reason why I love the series over stuff like character action games, which also have iframes typically, but are much quicker and more reflex based. I'm super awful at them.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I've been listening to crate and crowbar a bit lately! I'm not usually into a pc gaming only cast but tom francis is on it and he's my boyfriend so

• Options
    I only wore medium armor in ds1 for the looks and in case I messed up timing on a roll I didn't get gibbed.

Though I got good at fast rolling in the stray demon fight which I did nude. And used havels ring the whole game so I could fast roll with elite knight armor on.

• Options
    He's clearly joking but I love that Drake is not willing to take that risk

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Save dan from himself

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Is he

Is he?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Is he

Is he?

yes

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Well Jeff bight that laser.

Sounds like Premium Content to me.

august on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The last time John Drake was on the podcast he leaned really hard into the "I think Dan is a moron" shtick.

Like, to an unfunny, condescending degree.

So it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks Dan is actually trying to get bootleg lasik.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    It's really weird playing a game where your roll doesn't have iframes.

It keeps messing me up in Nosgoth.

This discussion has been closed.