Options

[Podcasts] Better thread title suggestions by fax only...

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    The last time John Drake was on the podcast he leaned really hard into the "I think Dan is a moron" shtick.

Like, to an unfunny, condescending degree.

So it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks Dan is actually trying to get bootleg lasik.

Nah that was great, as was the "win Dave Lang's Money" segment

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    turtleant wrote: »
    The last time John Drake was on the podcast he leaned really hard into the "I think Dan is a moron" shtick.

Like, to an unfunny, condescending degree.

So it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks Dan is actually trying to get bootleg lasik.

He said Dan was going to destroy the world. I don't think he is completely serious about this stuff.

Edit: I mean, Dan's dad rips on him even more than Drake does.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man, I absolutely don't get any malice from Ross and Carrie
    I can totally agree that it would be frustrating for the people they're interacting with under those pretenses but I don't ever feel like they do it for the purposes of "haha look what these idiots believe"

• Options
    That's for the religion episodes
    I hold that they approach things like homeopathy or the Long Island Medium with the precise amount of reverence they deserve, i.e., none

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I kinda want to keep up with that Fast and furious podcast, but I haven't seen the movies and I don't want to buy a blu-ray set of 1-6 when it's going to become incomplete later this year.

Although that special edition case has room for furious 7. Hmm...

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    That special edition case is literally a CD-R spindle made to look like a wheel

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Something I realized

If you imagine Travis' bag has a nu-metal CD in it then everything about this picture is a perfect summary of the early 2000s

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Li'l Griffin is cracking me the fuck up

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    That is remarkably close to a podcast idea I have been considering.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

The picture really makes me realize how cool it is they've stayed so close as brothers despite the large age differences

It is easy for siblings to drift apart with age like that.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Like I'm listening to the Mormon episodes and like, I have no love for the Mormon religion

But they keep insisting that they're coming at it with an open minded spirit but they're so clearly not

It doesn't feel like they're investigating the religion to find out what it's like to join and it doesn't feel like they're putting forward a cohesive argument against Mormonism

It just feels like they're being emotionally manipulative of a bunch of Mormons and asking them questions that they know they won't be able to answer and then sharing the experience so people can point and laugh at those dumb believers

Oh wow

Well that sounds like something I should avoid like the plague

....Or listen to, because apparently I'm curious about things I know will make me mad

to be fair the ending made it

slightly better

they came clean with the missionaries they'd been jerking around and had a big long talk with them and agreed to continue meeting with each other and discussing stuff without the pretense that they were at all interested in converting to Mormonism

How long were they jerking them around for?

As someone who's been on the other end of that kind of stuff I'm getting irritated just thinking about it

i dunno the timeframe but they didn't come clean until after being baptized but before being confirmed

Aaaaaaaaugh

Well

I'm going to listen to it, and hate myself for doing so

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Here's a present for all of you, in honor of it being Thursday or something. We recorded our long-ago Bratz live event, but never released the audio, because (1.) 92Y Tribeca had a strict policy against it, and (2.) You can kind of hear the Bratz audio behind our riffing, so there were copyright concerns. But, hey. (1.) 92Y Tribeca doesn't exist anymore, and (2.) is Bratz really gonna come after us? After all we've done for them? (The answer to #2 is, yeah, maybe. So that's why I've decided to put it up as a secret direct download here on the Facebook group, for superfans, rather than releasing it wide. Everybody be cool about this, okay?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

hey that's like a 10 minute walk from where I live. I'm going to get me some hot dogs

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Okay guys I'm passing along a secret to you that nobody can know about

So I joined a band, I'm the second guitar player

They have been writing an album, and I know they have some kind of idea for a concept for it but I don't even listen to the lyrics so I never knew what it was

I just saw what it was
    Ania is the story of a young girl who has the power to create, or destroy, entire galaxies with her dreams. After the murder of her mother by the hands of her father, she has a particularly horrid nightmare that manifests itself in the form a man named Gideon. Gideon is the embodiment of the evil that exists within her heart, and seeks to control Ania's power so that he may then control the world.

Do you guys know of any bridges that I could possibly throw myself off of?

I'm going to have to just pretend I don't know this

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    you're in chicago, right? a city that big has to have a bridge somewhere

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I definitely walked over a bridge the last time I was in chicago

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    chicago has a whole fuckin lake right there

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Instead of killing yourself, just kill the rest of the band

• Options
    I am 1000% certain they pulled the name Gideon from Scott Pilgrim

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    wow good rock opera there green day

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I don't like concept albums.

Except crack the skye

• Options
    At least I now have time to prepare my Liz Lemon "one nice thing" to say about it to distract from that I think it's hot garbage

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Actually it has been a while since I listened to crack the skye.

I should put it on.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    There are few concept albums I like, but most of them more follow a loose story and are more about the themes then having named characters.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    chicago has a whole fuckin lake right there

right right, so it probably has a pier you can walk off of

because piers are, as we all know, half-assed bridges

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Huntera I think you misunderstand what a pier is designed for

Or maybe a bridge?????

• Options
    Huntera I think you misunderstand what a pier is designed for

Or maybe a bridge?????

i mean, it's perfectly sensible to me

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    the GBEast Vinny Alex combo is becoming something pretty great

Alex: "What is he even? He looks like a muppet that took a wrong turn somewhere in the road of life"

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Okay guys I'm passing along a secret to you that nobody can know about

So I joined a band, I'm the second guitar player

They have been writing an album, and I know they have some kind of idea for a concept for it but I don't even listen to the lyrics so I never knew what it was

I just saw what it was
    Ania is the story of a young girl who has the power to create, or destroy, entire galaxies with her dreams. After the murder of her mother by the hands of her father, she has a particularly horrid nightmare that manifests itself in the form a man named Gideon. Gideon is the embodiment of the evil that exists within her heart, and seeks to control Ania's power so that he may then control the world.

Do you guys know of any bridges that I could possibly throw myself off of?

I'm going to have to just pretend I don't know this

I thought you were making a music joke at first. Because a bridge is also a musical term, you see.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    the GBEast Vinny Alex combo is becoming something pretty great

Alex: "What is he even? He looks like a muppet that took a wrong turn somewhere in the road of life"

Alex's metaphor/simile game is extremely strong lately

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Thank you Somestickguy and -SPI- for alerting me to the existence of Losing the Sheen and Satellite Dish. Justin and Sydnee are great and they're currently summarizing my feelings about latter-day HIMYM better than I have ever been able to.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Xavier Woods should be a guest on the Bombcast at some point.

Stretching 4:3 to widescreen is banned by the Geneva conventions, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Vinny playing Souls games is everything I've ever wanted. Watching his Dark Souls videos got me into the series. That pebble throw... So good.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

He done eated all the potato chips

sig.gif
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Vinny playing Souls games is everything I've ever wanted. Watching his Dark Souls videos got me into the series. That pebble throw... So good.
    http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/267/5/1/dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

This might be my favourite GB moment.

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    The best thing Vinny said during the Bloodborne stream:
    "I'm gonna put my fist deep inside you." He then immediately realizes how that might sound to an office full of co-workers in a room with not the best sound-muffling.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    alex is frustratingly bad at burnstar

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    alex is frustratingly bad at burnstar

I thought it was hilarious.

No I don't.
This discussion has been closed.