As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mage Knight: Lost Legions] Volkare's Comin' for Ya

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Volkare takes Early Bird. He flips a wound. He rolls green on his mana die and takes the Savage Monks from the units offer, they go to the trash and he gains a keep token.

@ObiFett to play.

Kirindal wrote: »
    I'll take The Right Moment and go tangle with the Hags. I've the cards to handle them.

Going last you probably won't get the chance. :P but I'm sure you'll have something to do.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Stamina for +2 Move
    Move East
    Challenge the Hags

COMBAT
    Ranged: None
    Block: Improvisation, discarding Stamina, for +3 Block
    Assign Damage: None
    Attack: Rage with Red Mana from the Source for +4 Attack, Swiftness sideways for +1 Attack
    Kill the Hags, +3 Fame, +1 Rep
    END

Level Up! Gain a Skill. Take Crystal Mastery as my AA

edited April 2015
    The die rerolls to green.

Krang flips Puppet Master (once per turn, either keep one enemy token you defeated this turn or discard one previously kept enemy token. If you discard one then either get Attack at half the strength of its Attack or Block at half its Armor value, all rounded up. Cold or Fire Attacks give that element, Cold or Fire Resistances give the opposite of that element, and Regenerate (once a turn, pay a mana of any color and throw away a wound from your hand. If you used red mana to do this or have the least fame, draw a card.)

admanb on
    @ObiFett to pick a skill and @jakobagger to play.

edited April 2015
    Could I use Puppet Master this round on the Hags I just beat? Wow is that a fun ability.

ObiFett on
    Puppet Master is sweet, but no. The end of turn sequence is not considered part of your turn, so you can't really do anything there.

BOO I say

BOO

I'll still take Puppet Master because it sounds fun. Regenerate might be better and more competitve, but not nearly as fun.

It took me like four tries to phrase that sentence because it's so weird. Mechanically it makes sense, but it really shouldn't have been called "end of turn" if it wasn't considered part of the turn.

#thanksvlaada

admanb wrote: »
    It took me like four tries to phrase that sentence because it's so weird. Mechanically it makes sense, but it really shouldn't have been called "end of turn" if it wasn't considered part of the turn.

#thanksvlaada

During the end of your turn you gain "Skill: Once per turn..." but its not really your turn still since its just end of turn so you can't use once per turn effects since its not your turn but instead the end of your turn phase which is part of your turn but not really still your turn.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Play Swiftness to move NW.

Play Crystallize with red mana from the source.

End turn.

Die rerolls to gold.

@Auralynx to play

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Check my work before we lock this in, but:
    Move: play Stamina x2 with no modifiers and sideways Tranquility for a move of 5. Go to the space the Hags were in.
    Attack the Orc Trackers
    Ranged Attack: Nope.
    Block: Rage + Determination for a total of 4.
    Attack: Swiftness + White Mana (from one of the golds in the source) for an attack of 3, which kills against the smaller armor value since I blocked the whole attack, if I understand their ability right.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Looks good to me. The only thing I'll note is that you said "blocks the whole attack" -- which is redundant as you cannot partially block an attack. The turn works

@Kirindal to play

You'll level up and gain an AA and a skill, both of which you're gonna need more info from me to pick. I'll get that to you tomorrow.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Looks good to me. The only thing I'll note is that you said "blocks the whole attack" -- which is redundant as you cannot partially block an attack. The turn works

Kirindal to play

Yeah, my point was that I met the Elusive requirement. ;p

Hopefully something exciting pops up.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Move: Tireless then March +1 Green Mana from the Source for Move 7. Heading East, Southeast, and then Southeast.

So, as this is co-op, before we get through another round of moves: speculative plans? I'm hoping to get to that village in the SE but I can see about marching over the hill instead if that seems wise.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I'm going to the village to buy a unit, since units are Norowas' specialty.

For the same reason, I'd like to get the crossbowmen unless anyone can convince me they need them more.

Goldyx gains three fame and one rep. He levels, gaining an AA from the new offer. He flips Green Crystal Craft (once per round, gain a blue crystal and a green token) and Universal Power (one per turn, you may add a mana to a card played sideways, if you do it gives +3. If it's an action or spell card of the same color as the mana it gives +4).

Volkare draws Mana Draw and moves into the mountains.

The Board

Volkare - 36 deck, 2 discard.
    Krang (ObiFett) - 5 hand, 7 deck.
    Norowas (jakobagger) - 6 hand, 8 deck.
    Goldyx (Auralynx) - 5 hand, 7 deck.
    Wolfhawk (Kirindal) - 5 hand, 9 deck.

Offer | Fame/Reputation Track

Actions
    @Auralynx to pick his stuff, @ObiFett to play.

Crystallize to gain a White Crystal
    Crystal Mastery to gain another White Crystal

Although Universal Power is pretty darn rad, does it make sense to anyone else to take Green Crystal Craft (if it actually makes blue crystals like you wrote, admanb) and Temproal Portal?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

The naming of Goldyx's crystal skills is weird. They all give blue crystals, so the color in the name tells you what token they give.

Krang spends a gold mana, which rerolls to black.

@jakobagger to play.

Okay. Let's go Universal Power and Temporal Portal then.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited April 2015
    Play crystal-powered Improvisation and discard Rage for 5 movement. Move to the desert village.

Play source-powered Concentration with Noble Manners for 6 influence and recruit Utem Crossbowmen.

End of turn: Draw up to 6 since I have 2 cards in hand. Gain +1 rep and +1 fame for Noble Manners.

Also, might as well indicate now that I intend to pillage the village for 2 extra cards before my next turn.

jakobagger on
    The die rerolls to gold.

@Auralynx to play.

Aiming to head to the village as well for a unit.

Kirindal wrote: »
    Aiming to head to the village as well for a unit.

The only village units left are peasants. Those can totally be useful sometimes though!

edited April 2015
    Peasants are sweet. Plus, buying peasants could stop Volkare from turning them into a keep unit.

admanb on
    Oh yeah, missed the white crystal I guess.

Ok. knowing that I'll figure a way to explore when I get home shortly.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Ok, once again, check my work please to make sure I'm using Will Focus correctly:

Move: Play Will Focus with a Green from the source, also playing March at +3 movement, for 5 movement. Go up on the hill the Trackers were on for 3, use the remaining 2 to reveal a tile to the east of that spot.
    ((Take a blue mana token from Will Focus, wait and see what tile flips))

kshu0oba7xnr.png

The more powerful effect of an action card replaces the normal effect, so you won't get a token. Do you still want to do that?

Yeah, still biting the bullet and exploring.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

You also have 2 move left because Will Focus gives you the stronger version + 3.

B8qMsEc.jpg

That's a damn fine tile to find. Oh, you also reveal the Mage Tower enemy and they're Ice Mages.

edited April 2015
    Okay. So:
    Post-explore movement: 1 to the right, reveal the other tower badguy.
    Action: Don't have any others that seem helpful right this second, end my turn.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

@Kirindal to play.

Alright, let's start off with a Source-Empowered Tranquility to draw two cards.