As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Age Thread – The third and final story DLC out now on PS4/XBO/PC

19495969798100»

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Origins isn’t that long of a game once you know what you are doing , even the fade only takes a couple of hours . Unless you are playing on the top difficulty then it’s a slog.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the game has gone through any serious overhaul behind the scenes as people leave and new people in charge start making decisions.

There have been a few:
    Axen wrote: »
    The first iteration was a Spy Thriller / Heist game set in Tevinter.

Second iteration was GaaS.

Third is, ostensibly, "a single player story focused" game. Hopefully they went back to that first idea cause that sounded kinda cool.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Okay so I'd pitch this:

The PC is a native Orlaisian who is fleeing the darkspawn with their brother, sister, and... dad. The brother is a mage; the sister is a fighter.

They finally get to Tevinter but have to do favors for a patron to make enough money to stay. Eventually the brother is forced to join the mage circle and the sister joins the city guard.

Eventually the dad gets killed by Solas's obviously evil friend, and you go to confront him about it, but he's already won.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Tevinter doesn't have Circles in the same way as everywhere else.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    *dusts off thread*

Well it's not much, but we have an official title for the next Dragonage!

Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

Looks like they're going deep into Solas' relationship with the world on this one, but not much else has been revealed looks like:

https://www.ign.com/articles/dragon-age-dreadwolf-title-logo-revealed

Are we still in Tevinter this time? It's been so long and there's been so much upheaval.

Unfortunately I have no idea. As far as I know the Tevinter Heist/Deep Cover Spy version of the game was supposedly completely shelved when everyone got pulled into Anthem's dumpsterfire development, then they were saying they were going to use Anthem's engine to make a live service Dragon Age, and that apparently got scrapped as well so...yeah we're completely in the dark here. Given the extend shots on what look like a wizarding town however, I'd imagine we'll probably be doing something over there, probably a recruitment mission maybe, but then again this is a teaser trailer so who knows what's going to happen.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I've been enjoying the recent DA comics, which have been set in Tevinter with a (mostly) original cast and it seemed like the heist-type story was transplanted to that series. Could be a coincidence, but two DA stories set in Tevinter dealing with a heist is a big coincidence.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Pretty sure they had all their ducks in a row in regards to scenario a while back already and that they're just in the thick of production. At least, supposed insiders say that they're generally on schedule this time

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i think this is going to be a Decent Videogame. i have Insider Information (location: my skull) that suggests this based on reasons (i made them up)

i look forward to shooting a magic

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    If Tevinter is still the setting for the next game, I will eat a load of red lyrium if Dorian isn't a party member. The 'One character from the previous game/expansion returns' is a theme I love, even if it means cutting off some branches of the story.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I want Fenris too

Not as important as Dorian, but I think the two would have great interactions

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    I've been enjoying the recent DA comics, which have been set in Tevinter with a (mostly) original cast and it seemed like the heist-type story was transplanted to that series. Could be a coincidence, but two DA stories set in Tevinter dealing with a heist is a big coincidence.

That sounds neat, what is it called?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    I want Fenris too

...shit.

Fenris/Bull/Dorian OT3.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I would be more than happy for DA:DW to just be DA:I but better.

I recently finished my like, fifth playthrough (Reaver this time) and I honestly believe it’s the best RPG of the PS4 era, even with the bugbears and unfinished zones.

What I want the most is to get deep into the weeds of programming the tactics of my companions. Not just ‘follow’ or ‘defend’ but like ‘When X happens, do Y’ for every ability. They can leave the rest of the combat the same for all I care.

Also please god no more missions like that one in the Orlesian court. Every play through I’ve done it kills the game’s momentum stone dead.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Nothing from Bioware has really landed well with me since DA2, which was full of problems but still really worked for me. SWTOR has its moments but IIRC that's a different studio.

Something about DA:I made it really dull for me, and the vast majority of the cast grated on me.

I still want DA4 to be good and something I enjoy, but I can't say I really expect it.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    i think this is going to be a Decent Videogame. i have Insider Information (location: my skull) that suggests this based on reasons (i made them up)

i look forward to shooting a magic

So you're a fan of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands?

• Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I want Fenris too

...shit.

Fenris/Bull/Dorian OT3.

Uh, isn't this impossible after the last Inquisition DLC?

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I want Fenris too

...shit.

Fenris/Bull/Dorian OT3.

Sure, if you made a wrong decision.

• Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    I want Fenris too

...shit.

Fenris/Bull/Dorian OT3.

Sure, if you made a wrong decision.

Ah, crap.

Replay time!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    I would be more than happy for DA:DW to just be DA:I but better.

I recently finished my like, fifth playthrough (Reaver this time) and I honestly believe it’s the best RPG of the PS4 era, even with the bugbears and unfinished zones.

What I want the most is to get deep into the weeds of programming the tactics of my companions. Not just ‘follow’ or ‘defend’ but like ‘When X happens, do Y’ for every ability. They can leave the rest of the combat the same for all I care.

Also please god no more missions like that one in the Orlesian court. Every play through I’ve done it kills the game’s momentum stone dead.

At the trajectory of how they've been striping out the tactical tools in each game, we'll just have 2 squadmates and the limit of our tactical options for them will be to go to a point, take cover, and shoot the enemy. All on the same button.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited June 2022

Super interesting retrospective from Mark Darrah in regards to the development of Dragon Age II, including impetus for development/publisher pressure, reasons for short development time and the idea as to whether or not it was actually just a repurposed expansion pack

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Have they put out more? I saw some a few years ago that were team building and setting up the heist stuff, but then the GaaS pivot and creative leads leaving happened and I stopped keeping track of them.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Spoit wrote: »

That sounds neat, what is it called?

The whole story starts out in Knight Errant (introducing Ser Aaron and his squire, Vaea), but the Tevinter heist part (and the part where the rest of the cast is introduced) is in Deception, followed by Blue Wraith and Dark Fortress. Deception, Blue Wraith and Dark Fortress will be collected in a bundle, Wraiths of Tevinter, which comes out later this year, but it does not include Knigh Errant.

Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I think I lost my Dragon Age Origins save. I do see that there is a save file generator on Nexus mods.
    I need a save for Awakenings and the extra DLC.

This discussion has been closed.