As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bloodborne] Woeful sanity, have audience with cosmos

19596979899101»

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    It sounds overcomplicated.

But in reality it was just running in a big circle repeatedly which isn't at all difficult and, more importantly, can be done with any weapon.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @Elendil

I heard you didn't like the Boom hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfpRHniWnZM&feature=youtu.be

I do. ;)

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    properly gemmed and specced, the thing puts out respectable damage, for sure. the tonitrus too. you can definitely use both and make them do the Lord's work. they're not like, bad weapons on paper.

they drive me crazy to actually use though. you've gotta babysit their buffs, and constantly spam L1 to keep up their damage, they degrade fairly quickly, and worst of all, i just find their movesets one-note, even accounting for their lack of a transformation. one thing that drives me particularly nuts about them is when you back off after a hit, during a boss fight for example, and try to L1 buff for your next hit, if you do it too soon, it links into your combo and does the attack/buff combo rather than just the buff

got me killed against abhorrent beast sooooo many times

with the kind of gem and stat set-up you'd use to rock the boom hammer and tonitrus, you can use THE WHEEL and the MLGsword, and those are straight up some of my favorite weapons in the game. to me, there's just no contest.

• JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    The extra sad thing is that I have a Tonitrus +5 which absolutely wrecks them but I tend to lose track of one or two them or get stuck on a wall or something while dodging.

I'd always go for the caster first, but the melee guy with the katana is constantly in my face.

I think that's your issue. I always kill them melee --> melee/candle --> caster, bringing each one from full to dead before moving on.

The reason for this strategy is because of how their phases trigger:

Phase 1 is when they are all above 80% health
    Phase 2 is when one gets below 80% health. At that point they all transform
    Phase 3 is when 2 are dead or 1 is dead and the others are below 10%.

So here's what you do:
    Phase 2 starts really easily, so don't avoid it. Phase 3 is the dangerous one, because they will summon giant snakes to one shot you, so that's the one you should try to control. But phase 3 only triggers when the last one is left alive or the last two are very low. So what you do is get the melee guy first. Lock on so it's easier to dodge and parry (he's pretty easy to parry for big viscerals). Murder him from 100 --> 0. Don't worry about phase 2 starting, just concentrate on killing him and staying clear of the fire the other two shoot at you. Once he's dead the pressure is off. People are still shooting at you but nobody is charging you while they do it. Now do the candle guy. He can be dodged, parried and stabbed to death fairly easily, just be careful of the caster's fire balls.

After the candle guy is dead phase 3 starts. This is scary because the big snakes show up, but also really easy to control. You need to sprint over the the caster are get right in his grill. Stay close, keep attacking and never let your stamina flatline. If you can keep on him you can stagger him out of the snake-casting animation and he'll never get a chance to summon. Stab until dead. Celebrate.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Eh, sure, here's a new thread.

Elendil wrote: »
    properly gemmed and specced, the thing puts out respectable damage, for sure. the tonitrus too. you can definitely use both and make them do the Lord's work. they're not like, bad weapons on paper.

they drive me crazy to actually use though. you've gotta babysit their buffs, and constantly spam L1 to keep up their damage, they degrade fairly quickly, and worst of all, i just find their movesets one-note, even accounting for their lack of a transformation. one thing that drives me particularly nuts about them is when you back off after a hit, during a boss fight for example, and try to L1 buff for your next hit, if you do it too soon, it links into your combo and does the attack/buff combo rather than just the buff

got me killed against abhorrent beast sooooo many times

with the kind of gem and stat set-up you'd use to rock the boom hammer and tonitrus, you can use THE WHEEL and the MLGsword, and those are straight up some of my favorite weapons in the game. to me, there's just no contest.

yeah uh i just like that it goes boom