Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Love] is...

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    a many splendored thing.
    You also give pastries to monsters in German folklore, it's not only monsters passing them out

A surprising amount of German culture is pastry-based
    Or maybe that isn't so surprising

QRK7dOP.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR | 3DS Friend Code: 4399-2068-5090 | Switch Friend Code: SW-7440-9863-2027
    ASimPersonSorce
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    not enough.
    Liiya wrote: »
    If her house is made of gingerbread run for it!

Unless it's a metaphor for sex, yeah, run. Otherwise, you eat that gingerbread like it deserves.

tynicUsagiXaquinSorceBrainleechNullzoneHacksawMadEddychrishallett83
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    oh, er

hrm?

I guess??

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You also give pastries to monsters in German folklore, it's not only monsters passing them out

A surprising amount of German culture is pastry-based
    Or maybe that isn't so surprising

Maybe some people here remember the Perchten, the costumed characters often looking like devils

In an early form of the Perchten tradition, they would visit isolated houses and ask for doughnuts

And they would claim some unspecified right of retaliation if they shouldn't receive any doughnuts

We mostly know about this because authorities were very concerned about this tradition - these masked and costumed people would often carry real weapons as part of their costume

edited June 2015
    I think some of the protocols I looked at were from the 17th century

Imagine living on an isolated homestead and then suddenly a band of people dressed like devils, carrying weapons, come out of the mist, clamoring for doughnuts

This was some gothic shit

Platy on
    ASimPersonVeldrinTheodore FlooseveltMadEddy
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    gothic with just a soupçon of monty python

VeldrinMadEddy
    At some times there were fears that people would use this tradition to commit political murders or start a rebellion

But as far as I know, there's no record of any murder which was committed, however people were tortured because they were assumed to have been somehow connected to it

a doughnut rebellion

my favourite bit of history that never happened

MadEddy
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    a many splendored thing.
    There was a great cat prosecution that happened in Paris

I am sure I have mentioned this before

The German Peasants' War broke out because a countess ordered the local peasants to collect snail shells during harvest season (after a series of already bad harvests)

now I really want a doughnut.

The BetgirlSlacker71MadEddy
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    a doughnut rebellion

my favourite bit of history that never happened

....yet

The BetgirltynicSlacker71XaquinErin The RedASimPersonSorceVeldrinMadEddychrishallett83
    I have a feeling a modern doughnut rebellion would entail someone sticking their dick through a ring doughnut at some point

• chromdomchromdom Working on having a better attitude Oh yeah, I movedRegistered User regular
    I thought that was just having a doughnut?

New out of context sig?
  • PeenPeen tw1tch0rz occasionallyRegistered User regular
    most nearly itself / When here and now cease to matter.
    I thought that was just Tuesday?

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    How do I use this search function to find people around here that aren't super intimidating.

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    What makes them intimidating?

steam_sig.png
    Hmm

I just keep thinking people who are way smarter than me are intimidating.

Oh, same. :P But I still think you should try messaging anyone who interests you. If they reply, they might start to appear less intimidating the more you talk to them.

steam_sig.png
    chromdom
    not enough.
    I have a feeling a modern doughnut rebellion would entail someone sticking their dick through a ring doughnut at some point
    chromdom wrote: »
    I thought that was just having a doughnut?
    Peen wrote: »
    I thought that was just Tuesday?

Something-something-cream-filling-something-something.

tynicchromdomMadEddy
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    not enough.
    Uriel wrote: »
    Hmm

This is a toxic line of thinking.

There's this idea among a lot of straight men that they have to be smarter than their partner which is hella misogynistic when you think about it.

Maybe you're looking for dudes instead/as well but still, it is not a good thing to think.

FYYss9j.png
    LiiyaMadEddy
    Hmm

This is a toxic line of thinking.

There's this idea among a lot of straight men that they have to be smarter than their partner which is hella misogynistic when you think about it.

Maybe you're looking for dudes instead/as well but still, it is not a good thing to think.

What? I don't think I have to be smarter?

I just feel like I'm a big dummy and because of that more educated ladies would find me boring.

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Someone being interesting has nothing to do with their education, some of the dullest and most annoying people I've met are highly educated!

builderr0rGreasyKidsStuffWiseManTobesVeldrinDarth WaiterlonelyahavaASimPersonNijaPeenThe Hanged ManInfidelMadEddySlacker71chrishallett83Erin The Red
    I am just worried about trying to keep up an interesting conversation should one begin

edited June 2015
    Yup, and I've found plenty of guys less educated than me attractive/fun to talk to.
    I am just worried about trying to keep up an interesting conversation should one begin
    You can practice your conversation skills with me any time!

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
    Liiya
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    [...] achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

At least if you're starting out talking online there's less pressure. Can't think of a response? You can take a moment to collect your thoughts without creating awkward silence because there isn't that same expectation of real-time interaction.

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    builderr0rSorce
    Exactly, that's one reason why my social anxiety drops so much online compared to interacting in person.

steam_sig.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    Exactly, that's one reason why my social anxiety drops so much online compared to interacting in person.

I lose about as much anxiety as I gain with online chat, just because online chat is terrible at conveying tone.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    edited June 2015
    That's what emoticons are for. :P

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
    XaquinSilverWind
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015

:eek:
    :hydra:

DaMoonRulz on
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

XaquinchromdomSlacker71
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

:so_raven:

Veldrin wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

:so_raven:

:snap:

19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    :rotate:

9m1sgpgi7202.gif
    not enough.
    dancingdonger.gif

XaquinASimPerson#pipeMadEddySlacker71
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    That's an old chestnut

Darth Waiter
    edited June 2015
    Xaquin wrote: »
    :That's an old chestnut:

:cry: Well, I fell amongst the stars

DaMoonRulz on

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Posted this in the youtube thread and realized, it really fits here also, because, well, thread title asked.

onions will be cut in this post, fair warning.

Story behind it
    Almost 3 decades ago, they were a couple, due to circumstance, it had to end, their last meeting was to embrace in the center of the great wall , and leave in opposite directions

Years later she was doing an art show, where strangers could come sit across from her, and they just stare in silence at each other for a minute.

He arrives without warning, and it's the first time they've seen each other since, at 1:20

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    SorceXaquinbuilderr0rNijaShenBrainleechSlacker71
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Should have slipped her his number

• SorceSorce Registered User regular
    I'd imagine that they did that later.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Accidentally clicked through to the profile of a girl I dated last year, whoops! We have gone up to a 99% match, so I guess I have now technically satisfied that curiosity.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
This discussion has been closed.