As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Damn. Max Scherzer threw his second no hitter of the season, tying Nolan Ryan's record of 17 strike outs in a no hitter tonight.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Well shit. D-Backs better bring their A game against the Astros tomorrow. Only way the Angels make the playoffs now is tying Houston for the wild card if the Angels win and Astros lose tomorrow.

edit:

If this season ends with the Angels one or two games out of a playoff spot, there are two games in recent memory that can be pointed to as the difference. I know every team has its games that leave the fans hanging their head in shame thinking their team should have won it, but twice in September that was the Angels. Coming one strike away from a 3-0 win and sweep of the Astros on September 13th but allowing five runs with two outs and losing the game, or the last game of the month against the A's where the Angels hit five home runs but played such sloppy defense that they allowed seven unearned runs. Mistakes that come back and haunt you after the season is over. And the less said about August the better. Ugh, that whole month.

I hope they make the playoffs and they never have to think about those games again and focus on moving forward. Unfortunately they are stuck in the unenviable position of needing another team to do half their work just to give them a shot at a wild card tie breaker game. Stranger things have happened though.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Well, you can't blame the D-Backs.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    After their season derailed with a 10-19 August I'm actually surprised the Angels didn't get eliminated until the last day. They had a great September but they dug their hole too deep to get out of.

Onto the post season! Step one, get a damned GM that isn't going to have a hissy fit halfway through the season.

Edit: As soon as I posted that I saw the news. Angels wasted no time once the season was over to announce their new GM. Not familiar with Billy Eppler. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    @BeNarwhal The hopes and dreams of everyone who hates the Yankees go with you.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Matt Williams is fired. I hope the Mariners hold on to Lloyd, it wasn't his fault that the Mariners bullpen completely sucked, and he couldn't rely on literally anyone to actually finish games.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    22 years of waiting for a postseason appearance, and their first 2 games are day games during the week. What in the actual fuck MLB. Having playoff games during the day is just moronic. I was looking forward to going all out for some playoff party action, but I guess I'll have to settle for a mild Sunday get-together to watch one game.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    The playoffs should consist of day-night doubleheaders until the deciding game of a tied series that would then be ultra prime time extravaganza.

• Options
    This is why I expected the new wildcard system to lead to a spending race in the AL East with both the Yankees and Red Sox trying to avoid the one game play in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    For all of us without a team to root for, at least we can all take a little bit of comfort knowing the Yankees have been eliminated already.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    @BeNarwhal The hopes and dreams of everyone who hates the Yankees go with you.

lol texas got there first nevermind

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    eelektrik wrote: »
    For all of us without a team to root for, at least we can all take a little bit of comfort knowing the Yankees have been eliminated already.

Yeah its the solace I take as a mariners fan. I do love how the times waited all of two days to once again shit on the mariners because yeah its always shit on the mariners time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    With the end of the season games I am worried cards will be swept.

*sigh*

Glad the Yanks are out though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    With the end of the season games I am worried cards will be swept.

*sigh*

Glad the Yanks are out though.

Ever since a certain incident against the Red Sox in the World Series, I've set my bar for happiness at winning at least one game in whatever level of the playoffs we reach.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Jesus the game tonight is a thing.

Bench clear.

Two hit players by the Cubs. Pirates retaliated.

Shit going down.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Jesus the game tonight is a thing.

Bench clear.

Two hit players by the Cubs. Pirates retaliated.

Shit going down.

Probably already bad blood because of how Kang was taken out earlier in the season, too. That rule seriously needs to be changed.

• Options
    Isn't this the second year in a row the pirates had home field in the wild card play off and got beat?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Isn't this the second year in a row the pirates had home field in the wild card play off and got beat?

Well this year they had the misfortune of facing a pitcher who is doing so well since the All-star break (and is hotter still if you look at August 1 till now) that his numbers almost seem made up.

As in fictional. Science fiction.

Inception

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

And third year in a row they were in the wild card game. The previous two times, they lost to the eventual World Series winner.

This time they lost as the number 2 team in baseball losing to the number 3 team in baseball in a one-game playoff. Wild Card game is kinda screwed up.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I wonder if they should do away with the Division winners automatically moving on. Make the 2 worst playoff teams play the winner-take-all game.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they should do away with the Division winners automatically moving on. Make the 2 worst playoff teams play the winner-take-all game.

I think the idea is to avoid anyone ever 'settling' for second and I think this plays into that, as it's something that only comes up when a particular division is dominant

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Yeah, the thing that they might want to adjust is how the seeding works after the Wild Card game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd settle for "division winners are in, but if they're ranked below a wild card team, they play in the wild card game."

• Options
    I'd wondered if Toronto would have this problem, they can't outscore everyone. Just one game though.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Is Donaldson out for more than just the rest of this game? I'm just following along on my phone. He got kneed in the head?

• Options
    Sounds like just for the game, precautionary move.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    David Price is out, hasn't won a game in the post season in 6 starts. Opposite of Clutch?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    The fuck, this game is almost over?

I didn't even know it was on

Pacific standard time pls

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Thanks Preach.

• Options
    LaOs wrote: »
    Thanks Preach.

I had to sort some ESPN tweets for that YOU BETTER BE GOD DAMN THANKFUL!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LaOs wrote: »
    Thanks Preach.

Also uhhh Bautista is out of the game as well... no word on why other than he was going up the steps, stopped and then went back down and was replaced.

@LaOs

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Toronto has one of the most injury prone lineups on the planet

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Toronto has one of the most injury prone lineups on the planet

That turf.

• Options
    Shocking Justin Smoak went 0-4.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So Rangers take game 1 and potentially two jays will be out for game 2. Not great.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Official lineups out and both Jays are in while Belts is sitting.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw that, Preach. Hopefully it was just the cramp he says and he's feeling back to normal today.

• Options
    All home teams have lost so far. Last time It happened was in the 70s. Which means disco is coming back baby!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm done with m's. They fired McClendon even though it wasn't his fucking fault. Go ahead bring on Matt Williams you idiot I'm sure he will lead the team to consecutive 100 loss seasons for another fucking decade of rebuilding.

Also this means now there are no African American managers in baseball. Though I'll be shocked if McClendon doesn't find a job with San Diego or the Nationals.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    To further spread my hate... All of the replacement managers being talked about are former angel ones. God damn it Mariners.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.