As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
edited October 2021 in Debate and/or Discourse
Yeah its a new year of our national past time and after one day of play the cubs still suck, the yankees are without a captain and the Seattle Mariners have the best record in baseball*

So post your hopes, post your dreams, and post your yankee hate, PLAY BALL!

*technically tied with like half the league but fuck you this is the one day this is true.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
Preacher on

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Go twins! Let's not get dead last!

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Now and forever, fuck the motherfucking Yankees.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, the Cubs have a solution to their "streaming issues" - portapotties.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    You know I'm shocked the cubs were even allowed to hold the game with the bathroom situation they had, that had to violate some kind of municipal code, though I guess LOL corruption because its chicago?

And man is the bloom off Samardzija's rose yet? Ever since he got traded to Oakland he hasn't been the dominant pitcher he was seemingly being shopped as, case of the yips?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Samardzija with Oakland last year: 3.14 ERA, 3.00 FIP, 2.96 xFIP

Despite the bad opening Day start, I think he'll be fine.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Wrigley situation is a horrifying disaster. There are some incredibly disturbing pictures up on Deadspin and... jeez.

Hmm which game do I watch tonight?

• Options
    Yeah, the Wrigley situation is a horrifying disaster. There are some incredibly disturbing pictures up on Deadspin and... jeez.

Hmm which game do I watch tonight?

Only one I can see is the mariners outside of having like mlb network.

The cub game got postponed? Is that weather or the bathroom situation?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    They say weather. Sub zero wind chills and rain.

I'm sure the bathroom situation made it easier (though apparently they've been trucking in portapotties... why they didn't do that, y'know, before OPENING DAY, is a mystery)

• Options
    I'm constantly happy the mariners have a roof that closes. Which did lead to a fun moment at yesterdays game. When we got there the roof was closed because the weather was gray and there was a light sprinkle, but about an hour before game time they must have gotten a positive forecast so they said something about its opening day and they opened the roof while the 2001 theme played. Its something you miss out when you watch it on tv. Like when the mariners went ahead in third inning the stadium flashed "The M pire strikes back." Mariners know their fans.

Also in case you're wondering in the battle between dancing or karaoke the mariners choose dancing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The hardest thing about MLB.tv is choosing what game to watch. I'm currently watching Marlins/Braves because I'm not ready to deal with the Trop.

Though with the Os slapping the Rays around it IS tempting.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Is there a good way to listen to MLB games online?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Is there a good way to listen to MLB games online?

You can get gameday audio for $20/year. I think it lets you use the at bat app also. There's generally 1 free game of mlb.tv per day. I assume you can just listen instead of watching. Today's is Giants at D-backs

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I split mlb.tv premium with my dad.

All the baseball is mine.

So basically I will be watching the Rocks and Cards non-stop.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MLB.tv gives you video as well (and premium includes video on your phone for when your out and about)

I can NOT recommend it enough. It's absolutely worth the money every year - especially if your out of market of your team (like I am). I also don't have cable and there are even... ways... around blackouts if you are local.

• Options
    Okay Rocks are looking good.

DON'T GIVE ME FALSE HOPE!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Don't give the FO hope either. This is a prime year for the Rockies to sell on Tulowitzski and still reap excellent return.

• Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    I can't tell if the Brewers suck that bad or if the Rockies are that good.

• Options
    Don't give the FO hope either. This is a prime year for the Rockies to sell on Tulowitzski and still reap excellent return.

I won't lie I will be sad if they sell Tulo.

Only Rockies jersey I own.

Also because I know the FO are raging idiots and would probably sell him for some guys a day off from retirement.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Well the old mariners showed up tonight, zunino and seager can't buy a hit. Oh well 160 games to go.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    This is what pisses me off about CJ Wilson. He showed tonight what he is capable of, what he lacks is consistency. Great game for him but it remains to be seen if he can keep up even close to that over the course of the season. Last season the only thing he did consistently was throw a ton of pitches and leave by the fifth inning and it certainly was nice to see him go 8 innings of shutout ball tonight, and Huston Street closing it out without issue.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Great game for him but it remains to be seen if he can keep up even close to that over the course of the season.

He has two seasons as a Rangers starter that prove he can be pretty good over the course of the year. Shame he's cocky enough to think he's a #1 (HAHAHAHAHA) and his playoff record is awful outside of one start.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Great game for him but it remains to be seen if he can keep up even close to that over the course of the season.

He has two seasons as a Rangers starter that prove he can be pretty good over the course of the year. Shame he's cocky enough to think he's a #1 (HAHAHAHAHA) and his playoff record is awful outside of one start.

Those two seasons with Texas were similar numbers to what Wilson did in 2013 with the Angels, which would be great to get out of him this year, but 2012 was mediocre and 2014 was even worse with his highest ERA, WHIP, and lowest innings pitched as a starter despite starting 30+ games every year.

When his most recent season was his worst my expectations tend toward him sliding further rather than rebounding. I hope to be proven wrong.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    http://deadspin.com/cubs-postpone-game-on-account-of-rain-rain-doesnt-show-1696470323#

Cubs cancel game because of non existant rain. Plan on Canceling season later out of non existent post season.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Looks like the Twins still suck.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    By the way, joining Red Sox Nation (for $15) includes "2015 MLB.com Gameday Audio for your computer". I don't know if the subscription is usable in mobile browsers/streaming applications or if any other teams offer a similar deal, but it might be worth investigating.

Anyway, go Red Sox, Cubs, and Mets! *Runs away*

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    http://deadspin.com/cubs-postpone-game-on-account-of-rain-rain-doesnt-show-1696470323#

Cubs cancel game because of non existant rain. Plan on Canceling season later out of non existent post season.

I am listening to the Cubs Cards game right now.

The cards announcers have said that this is the emptiest they have seen Wrigley at a cubs cards game since the 60's.

Cubs, cancel the season do to non-existent fans.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I can't exactly blame cubs fans for not wanting to be there. The stadium fuckery has been some of the most blatant "fuck you" I've seen from a MLB owner since Marge Schott.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Looks like the Twins still suck.

Hahahahaha. Yep.

The Tigers are still pretty stacked though.

For the Twins though, an improved team is still last place in the division. Maybe by the next decade they can eek out a wild card spot. After another playoff expansion.

• Options
    Well the twins did lose their big off season acquisition to ped violations.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

The cards announcers have said that this is the emptiest they have seen Wrigley at a cubs cards game since the 60's.

After the Opening Day catastrofuck, I guarantee you there are ticket-holders who deliberately decided to rip the things up.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Gosling wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

After the Opening Day catastrofuck, I guarantee you there are ticket-holders who deliberately decided to rip the things up.

That would only punish themselves, by being season ticket holders they've already bought the dumb things, and they are cubs fans not exactly the brightest bulbs to begin with.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Official attendance at the Cubs game is announced as 26,814.

26,814 what? Beer cups full of pee? Because it sure isn't people.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    That seems spurious, but its not like anyone would actually be at the game to deny it!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well. MLB.tv just showed me the trailer for the.. horror... movie Unfriended.

Which actually looks worse than the Phillies

EDIT: i know just saw 5 trailers for it in about as many minutes. God dammit MLB.tv

APODionysus on
  • Options
    Yeah that shit's been running on the CW all the time. I'm about to unfriend their marketing department.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Any idea why there was a day off after the first game of the Jays/Yankees series? I don't think I've ever noticed that happening before, seams really odd.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    Canadian labor laws didn't let them play two days in a row.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Any idea why there was a day off after the first game of the Jays/Yankees series? I don't think I've ever noticed that happening before, seams really odd.

Because the first series of the year has this happen for reasons I've never understood.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    It's if there's a rainout on opening day they have a day open to have another opening day and not lose out on any of the revenue of having an opening day.

• Options
    I wish I was actually able to watch the game, because reading the play by play on the Angels/Mariners game makes me go wuh? I have to see the video on this later...
    Erick Aybar reaches on a fielding error by second baseman Robinson Cano. Matt Joyce scores. David Freese scores. Erick Aybar out at 1st on the throw, right fielder Nelson Cruz to first baseman Logan Morrison.

That sounds like quite the pickle.

(She/Her)
This discussion has been closed.