Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

MLB 2019: Chris Davis Is One for the History Books

2456778

Posts

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Don't blow it.

    Don't blow it.

    Come on lets sweep.

    Edit:

    And we blow it fucking hell.

    2 outs with 2 strikes and we can't finish it.

    Edit 2:
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • eelektrikeelektrik Registered User regular
    159 games to go but the Angels are off to a better start than last year. Certainly better to go 2-1 against a better Mariners team than going 0-3 against a worse Mariners team to start the season. Can't wait until Garret Richards is back in the rotation.

    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    See I'm looking at it from the angle of the mariners swept the angels last year and the angels had the best record in baseball... Look I need something I'm worried they'll stumble like the last time they were forecasted to do good and ended up losing 100+ games.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    See I'm looking at it from the angle of the mariners swept the angels last year and the angels had the best record in baseball... Look I need something I'm worried they'll stumble like the last time they were forecasted to do good and ended up losing 100+ games.

    Just embrace the latent masochism inherent in being an M's fan, Preach.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don't want to be cynical angel I've been that with the mariners and they always live down to my expectations! I mean they are a better team this year, and Lloyd is a good coach with a good pitching staff, and the Angels are also a very good team with great players. I just want them to be in contention again and win games they should win. I mean in the loses they didn't lose by more than 2 runs and yesterday Seager woke up a little bit. Hopefully the day off and scenery change will give the boys some time to rest, catch a breath and then thump the fuck out of oakland.

    I swear one year it would be nice to open up against the astros and the rangers... then again that would probably be the year both those teams are doing gang busters.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Well I have watched the Rocks go 13-0 to start a season and end with 90 or so losses.

    First month means little.

    I really start figuring if we are bad or good around June.

    03x29di.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well the mariners usually torpedo the season their season around the all star break, but now they have a real team that hopefully shouldn't be an issue.I just need to calm down and I mostly am, though watching games is still a thing for me, I get way too easily rankled by the mariners I can't explain it, probably because they are my childhood team and I watched them lose a shit ton as a kid which you would think would prepare you, but it does not.

    I did go all in as it were and got a 10 game package so my hope for them playing better is more a hope for watching some good games.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well the mariners usually torpedo the season their season around the all star break, but now they have a real team that hopefully shouldn't be an issue.I just need to calm down and I mostly am, though watching games is still a thing for me, I get way too easily rankled by the mariners I can't explain it, probably because they are my childhood team and I watched them lose a shit ton as a kid which you would think would prepare you, but it does not.

    I did go all in as it were and got a 10 game package so my hope for them playing better is more a hope for watching some good games.

    I know the feeling.

    When the Rocks blew the 2 run lead last night with 2 outs I turned it off because I was getting frustrated and it was late.

    I still listen and watch constantly but man I can get so angry at baseball even though I grew up with one of the worse teams on average in the league.

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well the mariners usually torpedo the season their season around the all star break, but now they have a real team that hopefully shouldn't be an issue.I just need to calm down and I mostly am, though watching games is still a thing for me, I get way too easily rankled by the mariners I can't explain it, probably because they are my childhood team and I watched them lose a shit ton as a kid which you would think would prepare you, but it does not.

    I did go all in as it were and got a 10 game package so my hope for them playing better is more a hope for watching some good games.

    I know the feeling.

    When the Rocks blew the 2 run lead last night with 2 outs I turned it off because I was getting frustrated and it was late.

    I still listen and watch constantly but man I can get so angry at baseball even though I grew up with one of the worse teams on average in the league.

    H5 man child brother. I think why I don't watch is I get so irrationally emotional watching and I can't turn it off. I wish I could, I can't I'm stupid and I know that, so I tend to not watch them on TV. Hell I don't even like seeing them on the scroll when they lose. I should probably go into some hurt by the mariners therapy.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • eelektrikeelektrik Registered User regular
    I'm sure there are books or classes entirely about the psychology of sports fans, their strong emotional attachments to particular teams, and the irrational anger they get when things don't go their teams way even though it doesn't have any actual impact on their lives.

    But yeah, I do that too. Especially when umpires make boneheaded calls.

    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ok well I'm just glad its not me. Like I hate seeing the mariners lose, its a completely irrational super over reaction to something that is completely meaningless in my life, but I still hate seeing them lose.

    So anyway balls of base, which team do you think will finish dead last in the league this year? I've got a strong feeling from the marlins.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ok well I'm just glad its not me. Like I hate seeing the mariners lose, its a completely irrational super over reaction to something that is completely meaningless in my life, but I still hate seeing them lose.

    So anyway balls of base, which team do you think will finish dead last in the league this year? I've got a strong feeling from the marlins.

    Why do you say that? The fact that they managed to have a rain delay in a stadium with a retractable roof because management was too stupid to look out a window?

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well more so that the Braves are beating them up and the braves were the consensus for being a bottom dweller this year due to offloading anyone worth anything and getting magic beans in return.

    Roof thing is hilarious though.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well more so that the Braves are beating them up and the braves were the consensus for being a bottom dweller this year due to offloading anyone worth anything and getting magic beans in return.

    Roof thing is hilarious though.

    I think the latter explains the former.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Eh I'm sure the mariners have had a rain delay despite having a retractable roof, sometimes you want to have it open and the weather forcecast looks nice and then shit happens. It doesn't speak to some kind of institutional failure. Especially since the Marlins have way better examples of that not roof related!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Speaking of fun things last nights home run by CarGo was a thing of beauty. You know it is gone the moment you hear the crack of the bat. But I guess it went 466 ft. Hell of a hit.

    03x29di.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I guess according to the time machine the cubs pr department has my plan to attend mariner home openers from now on will get difficult when they move to san Francisco?

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ok well I'm just glad its not me. Like I hate seeing the mariners lose, its a completely irrational super over reaction to something that is completely meaningless in my life, but I still hate seeing them lose.

    So anyway balls of base, which team do you think will finish dead last in the league this year? I've got a strong feeling from the marlins.

    Phillies. Or their fans better hope they do. If they don't finish dead last, it's because they didn't do what they should and trade Hamels, Utley et all at the deadline. And if they don't do that, Amaro is a moron because without the return they are never rebuilding any time soon.

    Unfortunately,
    Amaro is a moron

    APODionysus on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    http://deadspin.com/feisty-bert-blyleven-trashes-detroit-1696839176

    Detroit is trashing Minnesota on the field, but in the booth its a different story!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Those Detroit fans just wanted to be circled by Bert. But he won't do it.

    This post might only work if you watch Twins broadcasts regularly.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Maybe he's just doing a shot every inning the Twins don't score.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Maybe he's just doing a shot every inning the Twins don't score.

    Ahh damn detroit strikes back!

    But yeah the Twins did set a record, first team to be shut out back to back since 77, which seems like something the mariners should have pulled off at some point since then.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    This should be a fun year watching all these young guys on the Jays. Seam like a great group of guys, and if they are half as good as their start has been the Jays will be fearsome indeed.

    Steam
    Switch: SW-3125-0050-8452
    PSN: Chuck-Steake
    XBL: Chuck Steake
    DON'T PANIC
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    No earned runs in the opening series for the Twins. The Tigers traditional comical LF defense did prevent the triple shutout though.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Humming Dirty Water to myself right now. Nice to pick up the first series of the season, even if it is against the Phillies.

    Giants and Padres are having a heckuva game which is what I am turning my attention to now. 0-0 heading into the 12th. My favorite kind of baseball (when my team isn't involved).

    Xavier1216
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    God.

    Damn.

    That.

    Game.

    19 innings. More than 7 hours. So many leads given away. But Sox prevailed. Holy crap I'm exhausted

    Edit: and it's a day game tommorrow... Oh God, those poor players

    APODionysus on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    God.

    Damn.

    That.

    Game.

    19 innings. More than 7 hours. So many leads given away. But Sox prevailed. Holy crap I'm exhausted

    Edit: and it's a day game tommorrow... Oh God, those poor players

    I'm pretty sure 19 innings of Yankees/Red Sox is an excellent simulation of purgatory.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    davidsdurionseelektrikMazzyxorthancstone
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Look, I'm a Sox fan and it was almost too much for me. I fully expected the Yankees to tie it up YET AGAIN in the 19th and I would just have started crying.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    It's nice that the Rays can catch up so fast when they're getting blown away.

    But it'd be nice if they didn't piss away the first eight innings of the game in the first place.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    4-0 Rockies.

    God they are going to crash and it is going to hurt so bad.

    But we are playing the cubs this weekend.

    So I don't feel to worried about the other shoe dropping this weekend.

    03x29di.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Where as the mariners mirroring 2010 are 1-3 and look to probably finish at best 2-4 this weekend and thats only because felix is pitching tomorrow.

    Walker the ace of the future got obliterated last night and they almost got no hit again. Swear to god this team! Seahawks forecasted to do well make it to the superbowl, mariners can't even buy fucking wins when they are forecasted to be competent!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I hate the Tigers.

    steam_sig.png
    3DS - 1289-8245-3817
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    First Tigers bullpen collapse of the year!

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I normally curse Brad Miller, I don't know what to do today.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • eelektrikeelektrik Registered User regular
    Garret Richards can't come back soon enough. Yesterday we got about what I expected out of Hector Santiago, but tonight it seemed like Jered Weaver was on a mission to prove he is no longer our ace. Hopefully Wilson can pitch even half as good as he did last week and the Angels avoid a repeat of the 2014 ALDS.

    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Man I don't want to see when the m's play detroit because good lord these tigers.

    CJ Wilson is apparently trying to get traded from the angels he's being highly critical of Angels management with regards to hamilton.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    They'll cool off momentarily and then the bullpen will hold them down to 90 wins.

    EDIT:

    This

    CCaY73QWAAA-Ajk.png

    is probably not sustainable.

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
    APODionysus
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I'll say it again - I hate the fucking Tigers. The Indians just got swept.

    steam_sig.png
    3DS - 1289-8245-3817
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Rodney blows a game, Nelzon Cruz actually lives up to the boom stick moniker. Funky Cold Medina locks it up.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    They'll cool off momentarily and then the bullpen will hold them down to 90 wins.

    EDIT:

    This

    CCaY73QWAAA-Ajk.png

    is probably not sustainable.

    Yeah, there's no way that Bogaerts is going to keep that up.

    http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
Sign In or Register to comment.