As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yankees drilling the red sox so far. Arod just juiced one into the gap to score 3.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    And then there were 2.

Royals and Tigers both rolling through the first week of the season like bulls out the gate. Could be a damn fun year in the AL Central if they can keep this up.

The head to head matchups will be awesome: can okay starting pitching and possibly the best 2-9 defense in the league keep the offense of the Tiger's stifled enough to get to that bi-polar bullpen and on the Detroit side, can they get out fast and maintain leads to neutralize our bullpen?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Or ideally Price/Sanchez/classic Verlander (please return to the old formula) just make the bullpen irrelevant.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Anyone want an over the hill closer?

6 games into the season and LaTroy Hawkins has already blown two games at two outs.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Anyone want an over the hill closer?

6 games into the season and LaTroy Hawkins has already blown two games at two outs.

The Braves are trying to corner that market, so why not?

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    The Tigers will eventually stop scoring 9 runs a game and having every conceivable bloop hit drop in for them.

Don't worry.

And when the bats go cold, they go really cold.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    The yankees shelled the sox. I kept hoping for the game to be more competitive but it was like for the previous days mistakes the pin stripe jerks just poured it on.

Also the marlins are hella snake bit, two dudes broke a finger playing yesterday, not since the masturbation championships of 1976 has two professionals injured themselves in the same way in one day.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Barry Bonds doesn't get why people hate A-Rod. I could have just stopped at "Barry Bonds doesn't get"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    And then there was 1, pittsburgh gives detroit their first loss of the season.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Is there any player in any sport more fun to watch than Miguel Cabrera?

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Is there any player in any sport more fun to watch than Miguel Cabrera?

That's a tough one, but I would say watching Lionel Messi walk in a circle for 95% of a match is very entertaining.

• Options
    JJ Watt is pretty fun to watch, though by extension texan games generally are not.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Have yourself a day, Mookie Betts.

Kid is good. Him and Xander going forward is some delicious youth

• Options
    Have yourself a day, Mookie Betts.

Kid is good. Him and Xander going forward is some delicious youth

I'd say don't count your chickens but Boston is one of those teams that doesn't have a flash in the pan like a James Jones, so uhh fuck you yardies!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    The Tigers will eventually stop scoring 9 runs a game and having every conceivable bloop hit drop in for them.

Don't worry.

And when the bats go cold, they go really cold.

Prophetic words my friend.

And because of that, Royals are the only undefeated team in baseball after the Twins' bullpen collapsed on itself in the 8th.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Can't beleive we pulled that out after the Disaster that was Justin Masterson

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    God damn, Angels are getting spanked by Texas today.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    I was surprised Pittsburgh left Burnett in after the Iglesias walk.

Surprised and delighted!

Especially with how good Caminero looked.

• Options
    You know the Angels have given up on a game when they pinch hit Drew Butera for Mike Trout.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    I was surprised Pittsburgh left Burnett in after the Iglesias walk.

Surprised and delighted!

Especially with how good Caminero looked.

Hurdle is not a great bullpen manager.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

It's amazing how one picture can sum up the Mets so succinctly.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
  • Options
    Are the Rockies going to sweep San Fran in San Fran?

Am I living in some bizzaro world?

WHAT IS HAPPENING!

Also you haven't seen it watch Arenado's catch yesterday over the tarp. That was pretty.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    That's 5/9 games the Tigers haven't allowed an earned run.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    That's 5/9 games the Tigers haven't allowed an earned run.

Go twins.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
  • Options
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Two road sweeps for the Rocks!

Oh god this is going to come tumbling down in the most heart breaking way isn't it?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

That's great:

"I got it! I got it! Shit...jumped too soon...fuck it...I'm going to wall jump this bitch!"

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Welp.

I know what I'm having nightmares about tonight.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Kris Bryant gets called up tomorrow, thus ending the most obvious service-time minor league stint ever. Cubs are 5-3 and tied with the Cardinals for first at the end of it.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Robin Ventura may have money on the Tigers season win total over.

So it's 1-1 in the bottom of the ninth and Nick Castellanos is somewhat unwisely trying to stretch a hit into a double. He's out at second by a couple feet. Ump rules they missed the tag, replay is definitive he didn't. Somehow no challenge comes forth. A bunt and a single through the drawn in infield, Tigers win. It was very, very strange. Tigers homer broadcasters spent pretty much the whole rest of the inning baffled.

• Options
    Robin Ventura may have money on the Tigers season win total over.

So it's 1-1 in the bottom of the ninth and Nick Castellanos is somewhat unwisely trying to stretch a hit into a double. He's out at second by a couple feet. Ump rules they missed the tag, replay is definitive he didn't. Somehow no challenge comes forth. A bunt and a single through the drawn in infield, Tigers win. It was very, very strange. Tigers homer broadcasters spent pretty much the whole rest of the inning baffled.

To be fair, one of the Tiger's home broadcasters is Rod Allen.

But yeah, I was there. Made no sense. Everyone was waiting for the challenge and it never came. The Tigers were even waiting to send in Romine to pinch run

• Options
    Woot, Mike Trout had a 5 RBI multihomer game in a win(Though Jered Weaver can't seem to get a win so far this year).

Also awesome, Oakland lost to Kansas City.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Somehow, 10 games into the season, the Twins aren't in last in the central. Not even second to last!

• Options
    Finally lost a road game.

To Kershaw in LA.

I can live with that.

Actually it was the starter he just couldn't hold it. We got two homeruns off Kershaw making it 4-3 but couldn't hold it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    This post is late but better a late thank you note than none at all.

Thank you Reds Manager whatever your name is.
    Don't ever stop intentionally walking the bases loaded so that you can pitch to Yadier Molina.
    You are a genius and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Pitching duel going on in Houston between CJ Wilson and Dallas Keuchel. No score yet and after 5 innings there has only been 3 hits in the game combined between the Angels and Astros.

Edit: Well shit, I think I jinxed it.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    I don't think there is another closer in baseball who's only fans dread him coming in more than Seattle does with Rodney.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Also saw something pretty cool during bp, homer bounced off the seats behind me and a dude on his cell phone snatched it in his glove on the bounce. He later flat out caught two more bp homers before skedaddling off to his actual seat. I've never in my entire life gotten a ball at a baseball game...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Nelson "Boomstick" Cruz with a double homer game and drove in the winning run in a comeback 11-10 game. Who is this team and what did they do with the mariners?

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.